It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hostile takeover survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was thinking about what would happen if another country were to invade and take over my town. What would i do?

Firearms and hunting rifles are relatively easy to aqquire in canada here. As is the ammo. MRE's and other items are easily attainable as well. But in the event of an occupation, i got to thinking about churchill's strategy of preparation of england and the small towns and villages in case the nazis landed and occupied southern england. Arming certain villagers, and giving them enough supplies to undertake a short campaign. Nothing long term, only 2 or 3 weeks.

He had civilians trained, only 10 to 12 in each place, to operate covertly, while living their normal civilian lives during the day. Some were trained in sniper tactics, some were trained in silent night assasinations. Utilizing those tactics, i would covertly try to take out certain targets. Those being:

City officials: police chief, mail personnel, mayor. Anyone who survives the initial takeover of the city is most likely collaborating (per churchill's theory as i understand it, feel free to correct me if im wrong).

High ranking enemy military officials if able: enemy officers. Plain jane enemy soldiers being taken out will do little good.

Supply depots. This operation would have to be done at night, though with current technology available to the enemy i dont know how this could could be accomplished without an RPG or long range explosive. At night take out their fuel dumps, ammo depots, anywhere or anything they get consumables from.

This is just the beginnings of my strategy. Keep in mind anything you use you usually wont get more of, as this campaign is only mean to go for 2 to 3 weeks max.

Input?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You are basically describing the fundemental ideology behind a "millita"...a citizen organized protective unit loyal to a sole community.

You are also describing guerrilla tactics that are highly sucessfull against a large, obese and slow army.

I would advise you to either join the millitary in hopes to learn all that they know (to use against another millitary) -- or learn all you can about millitary tactics.

The more you know how "they" think, the more sucessfull you'll be in the field on your own.

Also, high-ranking millitary officials won't often be easily identifiable. . . They hide their insignia in "hot zones" to minimize their status as a "high value target"...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
LONE GUN MAN :

i believe your benevolant government has already addressed the issue to a degree , with the formation of the canadain rangers

wikipedia reports that thier military status has degraded over the years - but i suspect that they have a cuning plan .

my first hand info is 20 years old , but i was reliably informed that key personell in the rangers held brevet military ranks - and had access to caches of advanced equipment

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I agree with you that there really isn't any option BUT to do as you're suggesting should something like this happen. Whenever I've considered that scenario one problem that has always concerned me is the military's current technologies. In Churchill's time, the relative difference between civilians and boots-on-the-ground military was relatively small. That has changed. High-tech surveillance, sophisticated perimeter security, encrypted and frequency-hopping communications equipment, body armor, heat signature sensing, etc. make the modern military a great deal more difficult to confront in this day and age. The disparity between military and civilian has widened significantly since Churchill.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
High-tech surveillance, sophisticated perimeter security, encrypted and frequency-hopping communications equipment, body armor, heat signature sensing, etc. make the modern military a great deal more difficult to confront in this day and age

The use, or dependance even, on high-tech by the military could be used to an advantage. The key would be to think laterally, and attack/defend in the most unexpected way in order to try level the battlefield to your advantage

It could be feasibly possible, given a shed full of tools, some cannibalized electronic components and other bits n bobs, and a couple of pounds of explosives to build Improvised EMP devices to knock out, even if just temporarily, automated sentry systems and comms equipment

Taking last summer's Lebanon conflict as an example, firing mortars/rockets at a high-tech enemy emplacement would be foolish as the incoming rounds would be detected and trajectory traced to a point of origin, then bombarded. But if a couple hundred helium-filled party balloons trailing kitchen-foil reflectors on the balloon string were let loose just prior to launching a few salvos, then you may be able to blind-side the enemys incoming-artillery-radars. Likewise, home made Qassam-type rockets could be used as 'chaff-dispensing rounds' to a similar effect.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by timski]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
what about somthing like a bow and arrow?

Theyre quiet, which is excellent for stealth, you can make ammunition for them. But you need skill to use one. And not as long a range as with a rifle. For taking out collaborators, a rifle would probably be better.

Just trying to think of other ideas that might work

Home made mines? Not sure what you could use for an explosive, im no expert, but if one knows what theyre doing, a home made bomb with a container of nuts, bolts, coins, and nails would make an excellent claymore IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
to overwhel alot of modern communication use a chrystal a 9V batterie and a automative blinker can to send out unregulated RF pulses that play havock with cell phones communication equiptment and all kinds of electrial things Ive left a couple parts out because I dont want anybody trying to build these and get in trouble. In The USA its illegal to try and jam or interfhere with any broadcast/receave equiptment.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
haha!

yea those government people tend to get a little cranky when they cant make a phone call.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
what about somthing like a bow and arrow?

Theyre quiet, which is excellent for stealth, you can make ammunition for them. But you need skill to use one. And not as long a range as with a rifle. For taking out collaborators, a rifle would probably be better.

Just trying to think of other ideas that might work

Home made mines? Not sure what you could use for an explosive, im no expert, but if one knows what theyre doing, a home made bomb with a container of nuts, bolts, coins, and nails would make an excellent claymore IMO.

Someone skilled with a long bow can easily hit something 100 meters away.

top topics

join