It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon/Mobile reportedly paid to discredit global warming!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is absolutely awesome!!! I love having damning evidence against what people here on ATS claim happen to disinform the public.

BTW, Al Gore is still strange.

artical

AAC

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Is interesting when you see the big mega corporation using their pocket change for Philanthropic causes.

They included from promoting the environment and looking good, while going around to stop any reports that will be damaging to their business.

Don't you love how deceiving this companies are?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes but $16 million over a period of 7 years ($19 million since 1990
) is not very much money at all, esp. when you consider the money being gathered from opposition groups.
www.wired.com...

The other point of view has received $6 billion in promised money the past few months alone.

abcnews.go.com...

This has been discussed elsewhere on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-1-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Amazing that someone of the same species, someone of the same race.. someone who lives on the same planet... would rather be rich... then have a safe, and livable world for their childeren.

It takes a very black hearted, cold, dispicable human being to sell out their childerens future.

These are the people that should be executed for crimes against humanity.

Why is my childs future being destroyed?
What has hey done, to ensure his adult hood will be spent in a oxygen mask, and hiding from the sun?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

This is absolutely awesome!!! I love having damning evidence against what people here on ATS claim happen to disinform the public.

BTW, Al Gore is still strange.

artical

AAC

Too bad the track is also hidden as much as they hid and poopood
every thing Tesla had to say cause he was talking ENERGY and
they didn't want his kind around.

You got a million paid bashers whats your chances against them.

Only the oil companies had the money to support Tesla and he
never explained how they would coexist with his projects.

Odd that he powered his tower with coal and steam.
Those fools back then thought he was getting free energy from
the ionosphere, I think they still do.

Can't hide the warm weather, or the paper trail.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yes but $16 million over a period of 7 years ($19 million since 1990
) is not very much money at all, esp. when you consider the money being gathered from opposition groups.
www.wired.com...

That article is about investors gobbling up property that would be valuable if the climate was warmer. It has nothing to do with funneling money into promoting the idea of global warming.

The other point of view has received $6 billion in promised money the past few months alone.

abcnews.go.com...

That is not a accurate statement.
That is 6 billion to go towards reducing greenhouse gases. Not the same as Exxon funneling money into groups to confuse the matter of climate change.

This week, investment bank Morgan Stanley announced it would invest $3 billion in carbon emission credits and other projects aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions over the next five years.

And last month, British mogul Richard Branson pledged $3 billion over 10 years — profits from his airline and train companies — to invest in energy sources that do not contribute to global warming.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You mean the Yes But guy gave sidel information not related to
oil companies moves to offset Mr. Gore and his nobel project.

The active media I can understand, one spot to the problem and
twenty to the side step information.

Run down the story as company against the people, any money
like for tobbaco and medical TV ads and claims, save it and reduce
our taxes.

How long will the retired oil exec live on his $600M retirement
package, good money like that could make an oil free engine
company.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Amazing that someone of the same species, someone of the same race.. someone who lives on the same planet... would rather be rich... then have a safe, and livable world for their childeren.

You know agit, that is exacly what baffles me about these people. The ones that baffle me even more are the ones who run to the defense of these corporate criminals...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anyone who denies global warming or a drastic climate shift is a total moron. I live in montreal and usually around this time of year I am out freezing my butt off in minus 10 to 30 degree weather. I've lived here for 18 years and this is the first Christmas without snow I've ever witnessed....Do you know how warm it is going to be here on saturday.......16 DERGREES CELCIUS.......that is far from normal.

Even The alps have no snow for fk sakes.....

I honestly think this whole thing is accelerating alot faster then we think...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Chuey, you are most likely right about the acceleration of the whole process. It seems that good ol' mother earth wants to get rid of the cancer, we call humanity, in a hurry.. We brought it upon ourself though.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuey_TheFreedom_fighter
Anyone who denies global warming or a drastic climate shift is a total moron. I live in montreal and usually around this time of year I am out freezing my butt off in minus 10 to 30 degree weather. I've lived here for 18 years and this is the first Christmas without snow I've ever witnessed....Do you know how warm it is going to be here on saturday.......16 DERGREES CELCIUS.......that is far from normal.

People aren't denying Global Warming. What they are denying is that humans are causing global warming.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just re-stating what opponents to the "humans cause global warming" camp are saying.

Here are some of their ideas:

• Global warming happens in cycles. There is proof that this occurs at 26,000 years cycles of heating and cooling. The last time we heated up was long before our present industrial times.

• The wobble of the Earth, called precession, is causing it. That's why the Southern Hemisphere shows no real signs of global warming. The Earth wobbles in 20,000-plus year cycles, and because of this, the northern hemispere is now getting more direct sunlight.

• Cyclical Sun activity is causing it.

Now, I'm not saying any of these are true, but ATS is supposed to be an open-minded forum, not one that ascribes to the party-line or popular opinion. I'm just saying some of these ideas may merit a little more attention.

So before you call people morons, please do a little reserch into why those morons are saying what they're saying.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Now, I'm not saying any of these are true, but ATS is supposed to be an open-minded forum, not one that ascribes to the party-line or popular opinion. I'm just saying some of these ideas may merit a little more attention.

Well said Soylent...
. What sort of intelligent debate can occur when the arena of ideas is closed for business?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The problems is that when the corporate barons starts to pour money to stop information regarding enviromental changes, rather than help the look good it maks them look very guilty.

Even if the enviromental changes are the result of natural earth cycles.

When facts are hidden it can make posible for more casualties of human lost during the earth cycles that perhaps we may face in our generation, if a dramatic change is to happen overnight like it happen before in our earth and human history.

Is not doubt that is warnings out there but rather than cover them up and sugar coat them is better to get the people informed so they can get prepare.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You wonder if global warming is speeding up with the warm
weather on the east coast USA.

So far only the tusami took more lives than Katrina and other
global warming events.

What would be the message of the tusami, don't live by the sea.
Fishing has to feed more people that coconuts.

The only thing so far is iceburgs falling into the sea and reduced
glaciers, and people say so what to Gore, is that all you got.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Global warming happens in cycles. There is proof that this occurs at 26,000 years cycles of heating and cooling. The last time we heated up was long before our present industrial times.

There might be a way to show this, tree rings.
If tree rings can prove global warming then Gore can sit down.
Phew, I'm glad thats over.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I do not believe in global warming. I do not think these oil companies are destroying the world. I think people that live in these oil rich nations are destroying the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Global warming happens in cycles. There is proof that this occurs at 26,000 years cycles of heating and cooling. The last time we heated up was long before our present industrial times.

what makes me really unhappy, is people extremely short sightedness.

Your correct, thousands and thousands of years ago, the earth warmed, cooled, warmed cooled....

But FFS, in the last 200 YEARS we have pumped THAT Much TOXIC CRAP into the atmosphere, we have polluted out lands and our water, that who knows HOW THE HELL that is going to effect the next 'natural' cooling/warming cycle.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

that who knows HOW THE HELL that is going to effect the next 'natural' cooling/warming cycle.

Exactly, we have no clue how nature will respond to the pollutants, perhaps making the cycles worst or longer.

But one thing is for sure, big corporate pollutants do not want to face the facts.

But I bet that they got a nice littler fall out shelter for their families with plenty of food and water to spend as long as needed.

While the rest of the population had to face nature.

Nature's job is to flush the irritating facts to clear earth, that included from animals to plants.

And we are no so special after all we are nothing than a species of the animal kingdom that have brains to pollute but not to do anything to help, but dream of denial.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soitenly
I do not believe in global warming. I do not think these oil companies are destroying the world. I think people that live in these oil rich nations are destroying the world.

It does look like it. No chance of breaking the chains of oil.

Got to share some comments I've seen on the boards:

WE all know GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH !

Yeah we should thank the oil companies for fending off
Gore and his mis information.

Like man can do anything as cosmic as change climate,
and it goes in cycles so cold in California and out
West and nice in the East. Move here and enjoy.

join