It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you tell if God abandoned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
How can you tell if God has abandoned you? For awhile now I felt like nothing is going right, I do pray everynight but I always feel as though my prayers never get answered and that I no longer have God's faith even though I believe in God and that I always had faith and I still do.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
here's your problem

you're assuming an all-powerful being is there guiding you along every step of the way

you need to accept the responsibility of being a human
only one person can make things go right for you
and that is you

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I do accept the responsibility but I feel as though he is no longer with me, I know he doesn't guide everything I do, but it feels as though he is no longer there. Some people always say that God is with them even when he isn't guiding them, its like they can feel him but I feel nothing, not even a guardian ment to protect me. I used to have that feeling but I no longer have it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
God is with you, if you have faith in him he will always be with you...always.

I suggest you walk in faith, read the Bible and pray. Pray like you are talking to a friend, confide in him, say the Lord's prayer.

Take a walk during a sunrise/sunset and look for him. Look for him in everything, you may be surprised with what you see.

Blessings to you...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well, i have counter advice to KL

maybe you're looking for answers in the wrong places
i say you take a look around at all of the different religions
as well as agnosticism and atheism

if your religion was right for you, you'll end up coming back to it

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Greetings Demon of Darkness,

If I may offer an opinion.

God never abandons us, it is us that abandons him. It is our human nature which seeks separation from God.

"...The spirit lusteth against the flesh and the flesh against the spirit." when we feel spiritually abandoned, at least in my experience, this is when God; Guardian Angel is teaching us to walk [spiritually speaking] unassisted.

God; Guardian Angel, initially, communicates to us through the same cerebro-chemical mechanism we experience physical pleasure through. This assures us that our thinking [spiritual thinking] is correctly aligned for advancement or growth. We could understand growth to mean the optimal reformation or transmutation of our dendritical constituency or neuronal pathways

Fret not my friend, instead focus on death so that you may discover true life

Kindest Regards

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've felt and wondered the same thing. But God will never abandon you. Draw closer to Him and He will draw closer to you.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
here's your problem

you're assuming an all-powerful being is there guiding you along every step of the way

*** Here's the problem, someone who is assuming is giving advice on not taking advice from people who are assuming.

A full description of "human" please?

My definition is: Selfishness Incarnate. I offer into evidence the instinct of Self Pre-Serve, encoded into the dna of every cell that comprises a human. Which is also their "prime directive".

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
God is with you, if you have faith in him he will always be with you...always.

I suggest you walk in faith, read the Bible and pray. Pray like you are talking to a friend, confide in him, say the Lord's prayer.

Take a walk during a sunrise/sunset and look for him. Look for him in everything, you may be surprised with what you see.

Blessings to you...

DITTO to the Nth degree.

If You are seperate from that which is by definition present in all things, then certainly if you are existing and observing, God is with you.

You are not alone, and not a loan.

Always your servant,
john

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

well, i have counter advice to KL

maybe you're looking for answers in the wrong places
i say you take a look around at all of the different religions
as well as agnosticism and atheism

if your religion was right for you, you'll end up coming back to it

If your love of truth is greater for your love of other things, you will find truth in all of religions, to include agnosticism and atheism as well.

there is truth in all of it, i believe.

I also agree with madnessinmysoul with this advice. Learn about the faith of others, and do not judge others, but share your thoughts (with them) and be open enough to ponder their view on the subject.

Atheism is a faith. A faith in one's self is still faith in something. If that faith is enough to get you through the roughest challenges in life, without recognizing intervention from something, then it was not the roughest challenge you'll face. But, this is either true or not. This is not a choice for anyone to make for anyone else, but a choice to be chosen by the individual. This may be just my opinion, though. It's not for me to choose what others choose to believe. Just share my experiences, and the depths of what i learned, or perceived from those experiences.

these are some of my thoughts.

Nice post Madness.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here is my take

We live in a physical world. Through physicality, we lose any sense of the spiritual. Yeah, you can pray and meditate, but it's not going to tune your spirit into the spiritual realm as it was before you were born.

God never abandons..God is always present. However, through our limited five sense perception, we have no real way of knowing this as being fact.

There is nothing that nay living human being can do,say or think to make God leave them. Nothing. God has tried to make man see his presence in various ways; however, we as humans ask for empirical proof of things that have no way to produce information empirically.

Now, I could relate an experience that I once had,but I won't, that would seem to be empirical evidence of God because it was very "flesh like." However, in reality I think that it was simply a vision that used a "fleshy" vehicle to transmit its message. Using that of the flesh is not the same as producing that of the flesh.

I would love to relate my experience to all of you, but, I made a vow not to, and most of you would probably just deem me "insane" anyway.. So,just know that God is forever present in the heart and mind of both those who believe and those who doubt.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Padre Pio said the test of abandonment God reserves for those He loves most.

"As for man, his days are like grass;
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
for the wind passes over it and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
But the steadfast love of the Lord is
from everlasting to everlasting
upon those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children's chidren,
to those who keep his covenant
and remember to do
his commandments."

Psalm 103: 15-18

Today I saw an odd optical mirage by the sun. The sun was burning behind grey - brown horizon wide clouds. The outline of it's fierce orb softened by the snow heavy heavens.
The clouds parted slightly around the sun revealing 3 other orbs surrounding it in an irregular pattern. At first I thought one of the smaller suns was the sun, then I saw there was the real sun in the middle and two other smaller suns above it. The smaller suns were like shadows of the big burning gold ball - they hovered whitish, almost clear but in perfect spherical shapes around the familiar orange. They had halos of light, an assumed optical illusion - a burning of the retina? Very odd, and not with any particular meaning - other than how curious - what was that.
I'd been contemplating the nature of forgiveness and the pull of the number of unknown planetary bodies that may revolve around our sun. Suddenly felt a powerful presence - an awareness of gravity.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
*WOW*

God bless you, clearwater! You just spoke to me directly and i thank you, even if you don't know what i mean.

I had just asked a question and you answered it. Perfectly.

LYL

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

here's your problem

only one person can make things go right for you
and that is you

Contrary to what you seem to believe, religious people do think and do in fact "accept the responsibility of being a human" Unless in your definition such responsibility is limited to only atheists.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you queenannie, I've only returned a favor you've bestowed on me numerous times with your lyrical and generous spiritual musings.

That in itself suggests to me, more than anything else, the coincidence of God's anonymity, and that it might have been something a little more extraordinary than snow-blind imagination.

;-)

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurningOverFriday
Contrary to what you seem to believe, religious people do think and do in fact "accept the responsibility of being a human" Unless in your definition such responsibility is limited to only atheists.

um
i wasn't talking about religious people
just this specific case

i have no problem with religious people
just religion

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

um
i wasn't talking about religious people
just this specific case

Which you would probably ask any religious person that has the some questions?

i have no problem with religious people
just religion

And how does this make sense? That's somewhat like saying you have a problem with terrorism, but not terrorists.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Which you would probably ask any religious person that has the some questions?

all i did was give advice to a person that they need to take personal responsibility
i give this advice to people of all creeds
you seem to be picking on this point because of my phrasing
i just wanted to point out to a theist that it may seem like a very busy omnipotent being may seem absent to them in the context of their faith

And how does this make sense? That's somewhat like saying you have a problem with terrorism, but not terrorists.

no, that's different
religion is a belief system
terrorism is a tactic
being a terrorist involves DOING something
being a religious person involves BELIEVING something

i cannot hate people for what they think
though i can hate what they think

new topics

top topics

join