It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan bites the hand that feeds her...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
(The Dem's prefer yellow, down the back
)
My money is on Hillary, that is one tough guy, and doesn't take crap from anyone.

You contradict yourself... Hillary is a democrat and he has no yellow streaks down the back as you have stated that is "one tough guy". But I bet the fear of Hillary becoming president has left a brown streak in the shorts of many republicans. To say nothing of her "first gentlemen".

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ahhh, hoisted upon my own petard, and various other Willyisms... Perhaps in your sterile interpretation you'll notice that I referred to Hillary as a "guy." While I have no illusions that "that guy" can write "his" name in the snow (in cursive no less, squatted block letters don't count, so I don't want to hear it), I believe the moniker is most appropriate. As for the yellow stripe, I stand by that too... Perhaps if Hillary had been brave enough to allow Vince Foster and Ron Brown to live long enough to testify, we might not be having this discussion right now, and Hillary and his wife Bill would be wearing a stripe all the more different.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Mirthful Me, you are one hillarious monkey. I sure hope you're around here if Billary really does run for a 3rd term.

As for "Cindy Sheehan the symbol", I'll have to resort to hip hop to find something ridiculous enough to be a suitable response to that nonsense. Heregoes... ahem... "They make it all up, there's no such thing, like a female with good looks who cooks and cleans." -Eminem.

Cindy Sheehan the symbol who provokes meaningful debate and can be compared to the Mona Lisa? Never heard of her.

I do however have some recollection of Cindy Sheehan the media pawn who provokes mindless sloganeering and can be compared to one of those dung-recreations of the Virgin Mary.

The Mona Lisa? I mean... Really? I'm not trying to be mean, I just really had no idea that anybody actually saw her that way. I've always assumed that even her supporters knew she was an idiot, but just weren't complaining because she was on their side and was on TV.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Cindy delusional? I didn't know we had a psychologist that had examined Cindy on ATS.

I was a psychology major. BUT it doesn't take a psychologist to be able to see the obvious. She is delusional. Her family has even said she's a mental mess.

She should be in jail for visiting Jordan. You want her declared an "enemy combatant" I suppose?

No. She's an American. She's a traitor. (and an idiot)

I think you have plenty of dempublican targets that fit this criteria much better than Cindy Sheehan. If you can't find them you're just not trying.

Oh, I can find them just fine. But they aren't breaking laws (that we know of) like she is - JORDAN!! And this thread isn't about them.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Boy wonder Rahm Emanuel led the Democrats takeover of the House. For months now, he no doubt watched TV news with undisguised pleasure as Cindy Sheehan screeched at Bush, camped in front of his ranch, and wandered around the world inventing fresh insults to throw at him.

Now she is Rahm Emanuel's problem. Welcome to the chaos of the angry left, Mr. Congressman. You used these people to whip up fervor against the war and against Bush. Congratulations. It worked. And now she is yours. She and her fellow travelers on the angry left now turn to the Democrats with their screeching that the war must stop now. What part of now don't you understand, Mr. Congressman?

www.foxnews.com...

Yes, the pundits are piling on, and the next opportunity for a political scrum is already underway in Havana.

HAVANA - American activist Cindy Sheehan will join an international delegation traveling to Cuba next week to protest treatment of terrorism suspects five years after the first prisoners arrived at the U.S. naval base at Guantánamo Bay, organizers said Thursday.

Zohra Zewawi, the mother of a terror suspect still held at the base, will also be in the group protesting outside the U.S.-run prison in southeastern Cuba, peace activist Medea Benjamin said in a release.

www.miami.com...

I'm sure Cindy will be most welcome in Cuba; though she might give pause and reflect upon what her status would be if she pursued the same kind of protest in Fidel's utopia vice the "police state" that the USA is?

Naaah... That would require introspection and hubris...

df1

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Cindy goes to Havana? I thought this type fear mongering died with Joe McCarthy.

On a more positive note the democrats are at least pretending to stand up to the president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid yesterday declared that "it is time to bring the war to a close," and warned President Bush that sending more U.S. troops to Iraq would be unacceptable to the Democratic majorities that have just taken over Congress.

Directly challenging Mr. Bush's wartime leadership on their second day in charge on Capitol Hill, the two Democratic leaders, Ms. Pelosi of California and Mr. Reid of Nevada, sent Mr. Bush a letter suggesting that, instead of a short-term escalation, he begin a phased withdrawal of U.S. forces in the next four to six months. The mission of remaining troops, they said, should be shifted away from combat toward more training, logistics and counterterrorism.
link

And the rats are busy abandoning the sinking ship.

WASHINGTON, Jan 5: US President George W. Bush is reshuffling his military, diplomatic and intelligence teams days before the expected announcement of a new strategy for Iraq.
link

I like to think that Cindy had some small part in shaping these events. It makes one proud to be an American. Stay tuned the legend of Cindy Sheehan continues. I bet we can get the Dixie Chicks to do a song about her.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Stay tuned the legend of Cindy Sheehan continues.

The word you're looking for is myth, not legend.

If the democrats stop this war in their first year I'll stand on my head 1 minute for every day under the one year mark they do it in, and if they credit Sheehan with it I'll ask the old bat to marry me (if she accepts, I reserve the right not to consumate it).

As for the trip to Cuba, what fearmongering? She's running around grandstanding with people who hate us without understanding their politics, simply because its good grandstanding. That's not fearmongering, that's calling a spade a spade- she's the newest media whore in town and everybody is taking their turn.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Cindy in Cuba?

Maybe she and her ilk will get caught up in a revolución and never be seen nor heard of again...

One can always hope.

[edit on 1/6/2007 by djohnsto77]

df1

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
She's running around grandstanding with people who hate us...

It sounds like you are paraphrasing the "they hate our freedom" mantra. Imho it was dishonest when the current administration started peddling this rhetoric and it doesn't sound any better coming from other folks.

Also, which laws that do not violate Cindy's constitutional rights has she broken? I suspect that they aren't going after Cindy because the government is well aware that they would lose the legal challenge, even with a kangaroo supreme court, and they don't want any legal precedents set in support of freedom. It is our government that hates our freedom, otherwise they wouldn't flagrantly pass unconstituional laws to limit the freedom of Americans citizens.

Our government officials are the ones that conspire with foreign governments to undermined the interests of the American people, not Cindy Sheehan. However I'm sure that neither me or the facts will stand in the way of your bellowing against Cindy.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Cindy in Cuba?

Yep. Here's another site confirming what Mirthful posted -
www.newsmax.com...

She's in Cuba protesting America. She goes to Jordan to ILLEGALLY negotiate a USA surrender to the insurgents. She belongs in jail.

I find it amazing that she's got the audacity to protest in Cuba. Cubans don't have the right to protest their own government, but there she is .... I'm sure she won't bother to protest THAT fact while she's in that country, will she?????

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
I'm sure that neither me or the facts will stand in the way of your bellowing against Cindy.

I'm sure that neither me or the facts will stand in the way of your protecting Cindy from the Justice she deserves .... JAIL and/or revoking her American citizenship.

She likes Cuba so much .. let her move THERE, become a Cuban citizen, and start protesting THEM.
I think that's an excellent idea.

df1

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
JAIL and/or revoking her American citizenship.

In your vision of America I'm sure Cindy would be declared an "enemy combatant" then spirited away to some gulag and never heard from again.

She likes Cuba so much .. let her move THERE, become a Cuban citizen...

You are just paraphrasing the tired old "America, love it or leave it" message. Get over it. Jane Fonda isn't leaving, Cindy Sheehan isn't leaving and blacks aren't going back to Africa on the boat.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
In your vision of America I'm sure Cindy would be declared an "enemy combatant" then spirited away to some gulag and never heard from again.

She isn't an 'enemy combatant' .. she's an American therefore she's a 'traitor' and deserves prison.

Any idiot American who ILLEGALLY goes overseas and engages in surrender talks with the enemy; any idiot American who goes to a communist country and protests America and then MARCHES ON OUR MILITARY POST ... should be in jail. I am being nice by saying we should giver her a choice .. Jail or strip her of her citizenship and deport her to Cuba.

I'd LOVE to see that!
Deport her to Cuba as a new Cuban citizen and watch reality hit her as she protests THAT government and ends up in front of their firing squad.

[edit on 1/8/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sheehan's latest actions just prove how wrong the Republicans were when they claimed that she was the Democrats' lap dog. She wasn't doing her thing for the Democrats or anyone. She's doing it for herself and others who want to end the war.

She marches to her own drum...

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I usually get it trouble when I express my true feelings for Ms. Sheehan,

Sorry... I'm an idiot sometimes. :blush:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sheehan's latest actions just prove how wrong the Republicans were when they claimed that she was the Democrats' lap dog. She wasn't doing her thing for the Democrats or anyone. She's doing it for herself and others who want to end the war.

I always thought Democrats' fascination with her ended a long time ago when she started to blame Israel and Jews for the war. I think she's the only one who thinks she helped Dmes at all.

df1

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Any idiot...

Idiots are the perfect audience for someone of your intellect, so I will leave this thread securely in the hands of you and your audience. It has been by experience that idiots miss my points entirely.

Nuff Said...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
It sounds like you are paraphrasing the "they hate our freedom" mantra.

Do you take me for a complete moron? I'm like 25% moron, on my mom's side of the family, at worst. You may hear that because you expect to hear that, but I never said it.

But let's not duck reality- the Cuban government is not a fan of ours. We refuse to engage in trade with them, even though they have something to offer, because we want to hurt them until they give up and embrace our way of doing things. We've tried to install puppet governments through insurgency and through assassination. We've been bad neighbors- I'd hate us too if I was responsible for governing Cuba. Reasons aside though, these people hate us, and Cindy Sheehan is going over there to be seen with them despite never expressing any interest in or knowledge of the situation. Can there be any doubt that she's grandstanding?

Imho it was dishonest when the current administration started peddling this rhetoric and it doesn't sound any better coming from other folks.

I agree, you should stop talking about it.

Also, which laws that do not violate Cindy's constitutional rights has she broken?

I didn't call her a criminal. I called her an idiot and a media-whore. Not only are both of those things perfectly legal in this country, but lamentably they are socially acceptable and appear as if they may even be public policy.

It is our government that hates our freedom, otherwise they wouldn't flagrantly pass unconstituional laws to limit the freedom of Americans citizens.

In large part I agree. Why do you assume that I'm against Sheehan because I like Bush. Maybe I'm against both of them because I can spot an idiot coming a mile away.

However I'm sure that neither me or the facts will stand in the way of your bellowing against Cindy.

What facts should stand in the way? You seem to be trapped in a false dichotomy of either Bush or Sheehan having to be right, but just because they oppose does not necessarily make one of the two sides right. American politics would be more enlightened without either of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

She's in Cuba protesting America.

She's protesting the treatment of the prisoners at Gitmo. So, unless you see America = Gitmo, you're incorrect. She's protesting the UN-American treatment of the prisoners there.

But I know it's a lot easier to accuse her of "protesting America" so y'all can think of her as anti-American, when what she does is as American as it gets. She's exercising her rights, protesting what's Un-American. And like it or not, that's American.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Idiots are the perfect audience for someone of your intellect,

oh gawd that was funny coming from you.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She's protesting the treatment of the prisoners at Gitmo. So, unless you see America = Gitmo, you're incorrect.

She's protesting America.

She's exercising her rights,

No she's not. She doesn't have the legal right to go to foreign countries (Jordan) and negotiate with the enemy for our surrender. That's illegal, as well as unAmerican, and she belongs in jail. She's going to a communist country to protest against America .. she's going to march on our military base there. That's a lot more than just 'voicing an opinion'.

She's a whack. She's a criminal. She belongs in jail.
Maybe then she'll get some mental health treatments that she needs.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

She's protesting America.

Well, maybe if you keep saying it, it will become true... But check out what the media are calling it... They should be corrected, don't you think?

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan arrived in Cuba this weekend where she plans a demonstration to protest the U.S. military's Guantanamo Bay prison over human rights violations in detaining suspects with links to Middle East terrorists.
Source

Perhaps you'd better contact the media and let them know that she's "protesting America", whatever that means...

No she's not. She doesn't have the legal right to go to foreign countries (Jordan) and negotiate with the enemy for our surrender.

Do you have a source that substantiates this claim? I know she went to Jordan, but can you provide something that supports your claim that she was "negotiating with the enemy"?

she's going to march on our military base there. That's a lot more than just 'voicing an opinion'.

That's protesting. See the US. Constitution.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join