It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan bites the hand that feeds her...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In what must be a stunning slap in the face, honeymooning Democrats bent on consummating their marriage to the House and Senate majorities get photo op interruptus from their less than darling red headed step child Cindy Sheehan.

Led by Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a slain soldier, the protesters chanted "De-escalate, investigate, troops home now" as Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., began outlining the Democrats' plans to ban lobbyist-funded travel and institute other ethics reforms. The press conference was held in the Cannon House Office Building in an area open to the public.

Emanuel finally gave up trying to be heard over the chants, and retreated to a caucus room where Democrats were meeting.

Sheehan says she has nothing against lobbying reform, but she and her fellow anti-war activists want Democrats to know they will keep pressuring Congress to end the war in Iraq.

www.bizjournals.com...

No doubt the Clintonite Rham Emanuel will be seeking a word with Sir Hillary regarding this raucous outburst. Long gone are the days when a poster child knew their place; I wonder how long before the pound gets a call regarding this "stray."

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Cindy Sheehan is a moron who adds fuel to the fire and gives ammo to the pro Iraq war movement. Many of the wars supporters are removed from reality and paranoid and thats being kind to some of them.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I usually get it trouble when I express my true feelings for Ms. Sheehan, so I'll just say I'm glad she's going to be more a problem for the Democrats rather than the Republicans over the next two years.

[edit on 1/3/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My favorite excerpt:

Emanuel finally gave up trying to be heard over the chants, and retreated to a caucus room where Democrats were meeting.

Retreating from, and placating those that confront them is second nature to the Democrats, but they'll tell you they aren't soft on terrorism and they can stand up to Iran... It's just that yippy dog that makes them feel French.

MAS Monkeys, not just for being "never fired and only dropped once" anymore...

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

df1

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The title of this thread, Cindy Sheehan bites the hand that feeds her... , has things a bit backward. Nobody is feeding Cindy Sheehan. Cindy is an American citizen and it millions of Americans just like her that feed the politicians of both political parties, not vice versa.

Cindy Sheehan has shattered the myth that she is in anyway politically partisan, which I can tell is a very disappointing turn of events to the preceding posters. Before it was easy to dismiss her as a democratic partisan. Well boys and girls, you'll have to find more inventive ways to slander her now.

Both parties should have received a loud and clear message from the November election results, however the words that are coming out of our politicians mouths seem to indicate that they missed the message. I am pleased to no end that Cindy delivered a reminder.

American has lost its soul, it is courageous people like Cindy Sheehan that will restore it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'd say athe anti-Iraq war movement needs to get a new "leader".
She does the movement more harm than good.

I remember the anti-VIetnam movement all too well.
You need more than one mouthy woman to energize the country.

I saw that news clip.
All I could think was that this ultra-liberal woman, who is perhaps a nutcase, is now making enemies in her own party.
I sure hope the Democrats enjoy being in power. They'll soon know that power isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Retreating from, and placating those that confront them is second nature to the Democrats, but they'll tell you they aren't soft on terrorism and they can stand up to Iran... It's just that yippy dog that makes them feel French.

That is a ridicules comparison while people have a right to protest politicians on both sides of the political spectrum are under no obligation to meet with every protester who comes to town.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's amazing that she actually thinks she helped the Democrats get elected and they owe her something. Her brand of antiwar activism was certainly not behind Democratic gains, as evinced by Ned Lamont's loss to Joe Lieberman in Connecticut.

She needs to take her ego and get it examined.

df1

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I'd say athe anti-Iraq war movement needs to get a new "leader".

More subtle distortion. Cindy Sheehan is the face that the corporate media has put on the antiwar movement. She isn't the leader of anything. She is one American that holds her beliefs strongly. Conveniently the media does not cover elected antiwar legislators kucinich, paul & feingold that share Cindys views and are articulate enough to express solutions to implement those views that would appeal to the public.

You need more than one mouthy woman to energize the country.

Every noble cause starts with one individual that will not be silent.

All I could think was that this ultra-liberal woman...

Opposing foreign wars is a conservative position. What views does Cindy hold that make you find her ultra liberal?

I sure hope the Democrats enjoy being in power.

Im sure they will. It's their turn to steal.

They'll soon know that power isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

The democrats know that it is even more than it is cracked up to be. Over the last 6 years it has been demonstrated that americans are even dumber than the last time the democrats were in power. But the fun won't start till they elect a democratic president in 08, then he'll be able to use all those nifty new powers that bush usurped for the executive branch against the republicans.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
it millions of Americans just like her that feed the politicians of both political parties,

Millions of WHACKOS? Oh please. America isn't full of delusional self obsessed women who run amuk and in doing so loose their family; loose their spouse; and forget to put a tombstone of their sons' grave while they are busy partying with Jesse Jackson.

Cindy Sheehan has shattered the myth that she is in anyway politically partisan,

That is NOT what Americans think of when they think of Cindy Sheehan. She started out hugging the dems but they have seen the light and now avoid her like a disease. BOTH the republicans and the dems pity the fool and want her to get MENTAL HEALTH HELP. There isn't anything partisan about her ... except that she's National Chairman of the WHACK party.

American has lost its soul, it is courageous people like Cindy Sheehan that will restore it.

If a deranged media-hog loon like Cindy, in faux-mourning, is the soul and hope of America ... then the terrorists will have a field day here and be very happy. I'm sure that would make all the anti-American euro-centrists here very happy as well.

Originally posted by djohnsto77
she actually thinks she helped the Democrats get elected and they owe her something.

Not only that - but a few months ago she was going around claiming that she was a finalist for the Nobel Peace Prize (see the ATS thread ont that). DELUSIONAL! The dems want no part of her. Hillary met with her. ONCE. Cindy blasted Hillary after the meeting. They know better than to be around her. Well ... Jesse Jackson was pictured with the 'grieving mother' ... remember that? They were laughing and laughing and hugging ...
(see the ATS thread on that too)

She needs to take her ego and get it examined.

She is in SERIOUS need of mental health help. No one is getting it for her. All her new far left liberal whack friends are using her and will throw her away like a lemon rind after it's squeezed for lemonaide. She has lost her family. She has lost her husband. Her son volunteered to fight in a war she disagreed with. He died for his beliefs and she can't stand it. Now she's media whoring ... Last I saw there was no tomb stone on Casey's grave. This was just a few months back. Has the 'grieving mother' gotten around to putting it there yet? Or is she too busy flying off to Hawaii, and flying over to Jordan to negotiate our 'surrender' to the terrorist insurgents??

Originally posted by df1
Over the last 6 years it has been demonstrated that americans are even dumber than the last time the democrats were in power.

Oh right. Americans were dumb for not electing that Beacon Hill, faux-war-hero, euro-centrist, snob and liar John Kerry. yeah, we'd be in better hands with him.
NOT! He's a freak'n cheese eatting surrender monkey and his wife (who holds the multi-million dollar purse strings and therefore influences him greatley) is stranger than Mary Todd Lincoln. Oh ... that would have been much better for America *Sarcasim intended*

But the fun won't start till they elect a democratic president in 08,

Hillary will be president in 08. I have little doubt. I can't stand her but at least she isn't as bad (or as incompetant) as Kerry or Kennedy.

MY CINDY PREDICTION - She will commit suicide. Either by herself or suicide by cop when she tries to take out some politician she disagrees with. I hope that someone gets her committed to a mental health faciility before that ... but considering the enablers she has around her ... i doubt that will happen. I hope it does .. but I doubt it.

[edit on 1/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I held judgement on Sheehan at first, but when I finally got a chance to see her speak on television, the jury was in in 30 seconds flat.

The woman has a massive ego problem. She went off the deep end when her son died, and I can't really blame her for that, but then all of these people started paying attention to her and treating her like she was important, and it brought this sickening light to her eyes and this uncontainable joy in her voice as she feigned attempts at humility over how little old her could somehow end up at the head of this huge movement.

She is completely oblivious to the fact that she has been a pawn for partisan media machines who have duped her into letting them whore the memory of her son, a grown man who of his own free will risked his life for this country.

She actually seems to think that she won the congress for the Democrats, as evidenced in what I have dubbed the "Me the People" letter which was widely published after the Democrats said impeachment was off the table.

The really ironic thing is that I've had it with this war and I want us out too, yet my disgust with Sheehan is probably as deep if not deeper than any you fill find among supporters of the war.

As someone who now believes we need to do some quick damage control and start working our way out of this war and who voted considerably more Democrat in 2006 than ever before (although not a straight ticket by any means), I've got a message for Sheehan: The Democrats got my vote inspite of her, not because of her, and she doesn't speak for me.

She has not shown any sign of knowing the first thing about war or government. The Democratic party, while sometimes inept at both, has proven considerably more knowledgeable about each, and unlike Ms. Sheehan, have been approved by the majority of American voters.
So what in Frank Capra's name makes her think that we want Ms. Smith to go to Washington and fillibuster a congress that she hasn't even been elected to!?

If you think you speak for the people, go get your name on the ballot to prove it, and IF you don't get your butt handed to you in the election, which is one heck of a big if, you better be mindful of the gavel before you go interrupting the leadership anymore, because Pelosi looks like a very mean and unhappy person to me and I think she would MAUL YOU with it.

We've elected a team of singing, dancing morons to be used against us by the owners of this country, and we kind of suspect that they'll eventually do just enough to make sure that we elect them again next time, so get out of the way and let us enjoy the song and dance until the second session, because everyone who pays attention should know that no amount of poking and prodding ever gets these people off of their butts until said poking and prodding begins to happen at campaign stops, which are now over for at least a few months.

Geez, why do I always have to spell this stuff out to self-appointed experts like Sheehan? Don't they teach government in highschool?

df1

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I sure wish that I was seeing this outrage that is being directed at Cindy Sheehan being directed at the US government, then we might at least have a snowballs chance in hell at fixing our country. She is just an ordinary American speaking her mind as best she can and you are indicting her because she doesn't express herself like our mealy mouthed politicians that do not take a position until the latest polling results arrive & even then will parse their words to leave them a weasels way out their previous definitive position.

Cindy did not win the day for the democrats in November, however millions of Americans that want our troops withdrawn from Iraq voted for democrats with expectation that the new congress will make it happen. Not only did the election send this message, the polling results of nearly every major poll confirm that a vast majority of Americans from both parties want our troops removed. Our government is out of step with the will of the American people, not Cindy Sheehan.

Save the insults, subtle slurs and outright slander of Sheehan and show us how Cindy's position is wrong, immoral or inconsistent with the will of the American people. If Cindy was an ATS poster expressing her position on this thread, the thread would be bleeding with mod warns over the personal attacks against Sheehan that you see above.

How about trying an innovative concept, debate her message.

Can I call another poster a "nutcase" within the terms of the T&C?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by df1]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
That is a ridicules comparison while people have a right to protest politicians on both sides of the political spectrum are under no obligation to meet with every protester who comes to town.

Except Cindy Sheehan isn't "every protester;" she's the media whore or darling depending on which side of the fence you're on. She's been forced fed to America as the poster child for what's wrong with the current administration and it's policies. The problem is, that somewhere along the way, Cindy started drinking her own Kool Aid... The monster is loose, and it's tearing up the villagers and it's creators alike. Frankenstinian references aside, the point is that both ends of the political spectrum have their rabid little dog (the Right has it's extreme Christian Conservatives), foaming at the mouth, trying to be heard, feared, and placated. The difference here is that Cindy was given center stage, they billed her as a headline act when she should have been back in an alley as a sideshow freak. This is mainstream Democrats problem now, and the real show will begin when you see how it's handled. My analogy of the pound rounding up a stray will not be too off the mark if this kind of outburst is repeated. The Dems just got back part of what they think should always be theirs... House and Senate majorities... And they'll be damned if some pooch is going to "mark" their pretty little garden.

To answer your question DF1, Cindy Sheehan is a public figure, not an ATS member, she's fair game just like George Bush, Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, et al. You can't call a member a "nutcase" (at least not without consequences
), but I'm sure you're more than capable of expressing point sans sanctions.

[edit on 4/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Save the insults, subtle slurs and outright slander

I'm pretty sure that for something to be called slander you have to be wrong. We aren't. Sublte slurs and insults??? HA! The truth was boldly spoken. If someone is insulted by the truth then it's THEIR own problem.

Can I call another poster a "nutcase" within the terms of the T&C?

She IS NOT a member and if she were I'd tell her the same to her face - get some mental health help. And yes, I have seen plenty of wonky people here being told the same thing - go get a professional to check you out for your own good. Someone has to stand up and stop enabling her and say it to her FOR HER OWN GOOD.

You want to know specifically what is wrong with what she's doing? Fine - here are just a few -

1 - She's delusional. She's going around saying that SHE won for the dems and that she's a finalist for the Nobel Peace Prize. This is DELUSIONAL and any self-respecting human being would take her aside and tell her for her own mental health. Enabling someone with delusions is cruel.

2 - She went to Jordan to negotiate the surrender of the United States of America to the Insurgents. (there are threads here discussing this). That's a MAJOR crime (not to mention freak'n stupid and also delusional). She should be IN JAIL. Playing the 'grieving mother' is not an excuse for treason and pretending to be the modern Hanoi Jane.

3 - Hypocricy at it's worst wears thin on just about everyone - and when she's claiming to be a 'grieving mother' and yet she's photographed on multiple world tours - including Hawaii - and she's photographed joking it up with Jesse Jackson .... it IRKS people because she definately is behaving like a media whore instead of a 'grieving mother'. The lack of a tombstone on Casey's grave is the final damning evidence.

Oh there's more .. but that is a good start. Chew on that for a while.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

somewhere along the way, Cindy started drinking her own Kool Aid... The monster is loose, and it's tearing up the villagers

That is PERFECT. Exactly! You nailed it!

This is mainstream Democrats problem now, and the real show will begin when you see how it's handled.

Soon-to-be President Hillary has already had her meeting with Cindy to shut her up and now Hillary doesn't have plans to ever meet with her again. Cindy blasted Hillary after the meeting.

As one rather wise person recently said in our chat room - VINCE FOSTER.

Cindy should watch out .. President Hillary will have a lot of power and Cindy is a nut just begging to be cracked. When that happens we will all be on ATS discussing the conspiracy of did/didn't Hillary have her whacked.

(I still say Cindy will go out in a REAL suicide ... what a preventable waste of a human life!)

[edit on 1/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

df1

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

To answer your question DF1, Cindy Sheehan is a public figure, not an ATS member, she's fair game just like George Bush, Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, et al.

I understand Cindy is a public figure and that this allows folks to attack her in a personal manner. ATS prohibits this type of poster against poster conduct because it is pointless and boring. Despite it being permitted conduct to personally attack Cindy on ATS, it is still pointless, boring and it diminishes ATS and the poster more than it does Sheehan.

If 1% of American citizens showed a fraction of the courage shown by Cindy Sheehan in repeatedly confronting our government on the important issues of the day, we would soon be living in a utopia. This would force the government to fulfill its intended purposes of serving the will of people rather ruling the people and it would bring an end to cult of corruption in Washington DC.

It is the corporations, lobbyists and special interests that need to be slapped down for the manner in which they attempt to influence government, not Cindy Sheehan. But instead you folks choose to beat up a single American citizens because she has the audacity to tell her government what she wants. Cindy can't help it that she can't afford to buy a stable of congressmen or a secret meeting with the VP to get what she wants, so she is doing the best that she can do.

Perhaps we can start an ATS fund to hire a well spoken lobbyist to speak for Cindy, since ya'll find her plain and simple language to be so offensive.

Cindy delusional? I didn't know we had a psychologist that had examined Cindy on ATS.

She should be in jail for visiting Jordan. You want her declared an "enemy combatant" I suppose?

Hypocrisy? Unlike the hypocrites that run for office on one platform and execute another once in office. I think you have plenty of dempublican targets that fit this criteria much better than Cindy Sheehan. If you can't find them you're just not trying.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
But the continued assertion that Cindy Sheehan is somehow an "ordinary citizen" has transitioned from being myopic to downright disingenuous. Ordinary citizens aren't the focus of hundreds of hours of TV coverage, or thousands of column inches of print. Ordinary citizens aren't funded by George Soros, nor do they jet set around to every photo op/news bite event in the hopes of further embarrassing an administration. Cindy Sheehan whored herself to the powers that be, naive in the fact that they are no different than the powers that she opposes, save for color and width of stripe (The Dem's prefer yellow, down the back
)

The question now remains, does Hillary pull back a bloody stump when she goes to rub Cindy's nose in her little "accident," or does the pooch get put down so she doesn't have to suffer anymore?

My money is on Hillary, that is one tough guy, and doesn't take crap from anyone.

[edit on 4/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
DF1, I appreciate what you're trying to say, but I disagree. The thing of it is, I think we are debating Cindy Sheehan's message. Afterall, the message that most of us seem to have gotten from watching her is a stupifyingly blissful and self congratulatory chorus of "lookatme, lookatme, lookatme!"

It doesn't take moral or physical courage to stalk politicians and badger them infront of the press; it just takes a helluva lot of nerve. The kind of nerve that can glorify itself over any other human being on the planet with a completely straight face and no evidence whatsoever.

If you're looking for courage in the anti-war movement; especially the kind of courage that will change things if it proliferates, I know a few people you should hear about.

Courage is sitting at the family table with 5 relatives all to the right of you, and instead of nodding politely as grandpa goes over O'Reilly's talking points, taking advantage of your position as the only liberal who they'd ever listen to seriously. I've seen it.

Courage is a dyed in the wool neocon who endlessly talked about geopolitics with friends admitting that he was wrong. I've done it.

I haven't got much respect for people who sell themselves to an American public which they know agrees with them on the whole. Just look at the approval ratings! There's nothing courageous about being a 2:1 favorite.

Courage belongs to people who specifically go where they aren't going to be praised for what they say because that's where their efforts are needed and because they know they are in a position to have influence.

If Cindy Sheehan had done this while her son was still alive, I'd call her courageous- then she'd be trying to change the mind of someone important to her who disagreed with her, and that's commendable. If she'd been willing to do that, and been willing BEFORE he enlisted, he might be alive today.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No matter how you feel about the world, you have to distinguish between Cindy Sheehan the person, and Cindy Sheehan the symbol. The person of Cindy Sheehan is certainly not the most intelligent or elloquent person on the planet. For a brief moment in time, Cindy Sheehan the person became Cindy Sheehan the symbol. The symbol was provacative and stimulated profound debate and could not be ignored.

Just because the woman that posed for the Mona Lisa eventually grew old, died, and became worm food, it does not mean that Leonardo's painting is not a masterpiece. Similarly, just because Cindy Sheehan has said or done some foolish things, it does not mean that the questions and debate she originally provoked are invalid.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
1st it was Al-Queda reminding Democrats why they won. Now it's Dirty Sheehan.

The Democrats refused to thank Al-Queda, and they will probably do the same to Sheehan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join