It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Catdogs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I read the Sun newspaper regularly, it is a British paper and i read this story when it was released about a month ago.
It just goes to show you that different species can go together...

Catdogs or Dogcats???

That must have been one confused and frisky dog...

[edit on 3-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I smell a hoax, I don't fully believe its even possible. I don't know, we will see. I just don't think the DNA is close enough for an mixed gene pooled animal to survive.

I guess we will see.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If it is a Hoax then they have fooled a big mainstrem British newspaper, possibly other papers as well (I only ever read The Sun).

I don't think it is a hoax personally and if you look at the picture they do look a little strange for normal puppies (a bit of a feline quality to them).

But your oppinian is your own and thats fine...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Main stream media print horse crap all the time. Most just want to the first, can always retract it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ok I see were your coming from, but can't you just see it in their faces, noses and even the ears, they don't look like normal puppies to me.

They look almost normal, but look a bit closer...

[edit on 3-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Trust me people never believe anything printed in the sun.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So should I not beleive them when they wrote about Saddam being hung???

Are all the celeb stories made up, was Britney really wearing underwear???

Should I disbeleive everything they write about big brother even though I may have seen it on the TV myself???

Are the Fathers for Justice a made up group of parents that want equal rights to see their kids???

The Sun doesn't only print crap, and I garantee it wasn't only the Sun who got this story about the Catdogs...:bash:

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is like the neighbors interracial children on The Jeffersons. The couple was Black and white, and they had one black daughter, one white son.

That's not the way it works. If a cat could become impregnated by a dog, the baby would not come out as a dog.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If it has dogs DNA it very well could utilize that DNA to the fullest. I have seen black parents that had white kids and no they didn't just hoax it using a white families kids, you could tell by hair (which was blonde) and the bone structure in their faces, admittedly they were albino's but that does show that DNA can do what it wants in some cases.

I suppose the only way to beleive that a cat can have puppies is if you breed a cat and a dog together and until somebody does that I guess you will not have faith that it works...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Those are puppies. They look 100% like puppies. The cat may have lost her litter and be nursing the pups, but I see no reason to think that these animals are anything but 100% puppies. (Google "newborn puppies")

Interesting that the people didn't get any pictures of the "cat creatures" all of whom happened to die...

Somebody's pulling the leg of the Sun...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

- Gina, SALT LAKE CITY, UTAY

We have seen numerous times throughout history that different animals breed with other animals of different genetic code. Unless you were there, you can't say that it is impossible.

This is a good quote from Daily mail readers, there are many mixed views here.

Daily Mail

This story says it could be a hoax but are waiting for results.

MSNBC

Results are in..

Don't blaim me for being a little gullible...

I'm sorry I wasted my time with this but I just found it to be rather amusing...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
But i pose this question to you:
Were did a horse type creatue gain white fur and black stripes (the zebra)
There are not many desert animals with white fur at all, my own theory is a horse mated with a tiger, what do you think???

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
But i pose this question to you:
Were did a horse type creatue gain white fur and black stripes (the zebra)
There are not many desert animals with white fur at all,

When wondering about animals, you have to ignore color for the most part as many animals are color blind.

Zebra Camouflage

The wavy lines of a zebra blend in with the wavy lines of the tall grass around it. It doesn't matter that the zebra's stripes are black and white and the lines of the grass are yellow, brown or green, because the zebra's main predator, the lion, is colorblind.

And don't worry about being gullible. It happens to all of us.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
OK i'm not going down without a fight...

This is called a LIGER, I know Lions and Tigers are both big cats, but they are genetically different somehow even if it is very minute...

Liger 1!

Liger 2!

Liger 3!

You don't have to read all of this page but just look to see the shear size of it...

Liger with owners

Pretty impressive Creature if you ask me!!!

[edit on 5-1-2007 by chris01621]

new topics

top topics

join