It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobhar-chu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of the Dobhar-chu. It's a giant otter or something that is all black with a white cross on it's back. It is also reffered to as possibly being a crocodile.
Here's a link
www.fortunecity.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've heard of it, but I don't take it too seriously, even for being a big crypto buff. There are there kinds of stories in literally every country or culture on earth.

I'm alot more interested in that....well...whatever it is in Lake Muckross in ireland. That sonar signature this past summer was enormous! I really wonder what that was...
I heard something about an expedition back to the lake soon, but nothing so far...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It actually doesn't sound that far-fetched. It's easy to imagine either a large variety of otter (perhaps an ancient relative) or some other type of creature managing to survive in such relative isolation, and the descriptions of it sound zoologically sound. It's posisble the animal existed up until the 17th-18th centuries, and has only recently become extinct, like the auroch and stellar's sea cow. home.insightbb.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That's what I was thinking. It could be something that is supposed to be extinct but, isn't. Maybe it's something that escaped from a zoo. Who knows.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
maybe its just an over fed otter

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i just found this site,
www.angelfire.com...

It links the otter thing with some sort of salamander thing, they might be the same

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice link WeeMan, Lots of info. Who knows, they might be related. The two descriptions sound a lot alike.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wow, I've enver even heard of the Canadian Black Alligators before. Cool stuff, cool link!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here's some more links I found. The first one is about an attack by the creature. The second one is the legend of the Dobhar-chu.

Attack
www.rootsweb.com...

Legend
www.rootsweb.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
"Scott claims to have found many aquatic "lizards" in a valley. He says some were 5 feet long, and they all had two horns on the head and 2 rows of sharklike teeth. He also is said to have captured 3 young "lizards" and kept them in a bathtub. He is also said to have given one to Simon Fraser University, who has no record of ever receiving a specimen. Scott also allegedly dissected one of the animals (he had dropped out of medical school) and made drawings, which are said to be in the possession of Black Alligator investigator Barrie Alden. It should be noted, however, that Scott�s credibility is hindered by his claim that he once saw 34 sasquatches marching by his cabin, each carrying a lit torch!
"

AHAHHAAHAHAHAH

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey, it might have been dark. Don't you want the Sasquatches to be able to see where they're going? They could get hurt or lost. It could have been a Sasquatch parade.

new topics

top topics

join