It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Tennessee Facilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any secretive installations, facilities, etc in MID-TN? Any rumors of activity etc?

I know that there are definatley bases that are known to the public, such as:

1. Arnold AFB
  2. Fort Campbell
  3. Oak Ridge

nothing crazy goes on at Fort Campbell from what I know - just an army base.

I'm not 100% sure of the function of Arnold AFB - I know that it does not show up on any maps, but they supposedly have a runway, and most of the facility is underground. I have driven by the gate to this base before... you have to go through the woods to get there... Arnold is wrapped by a vast expanse of wooded property on all sides - driving through those woods is freaky at night! :0 Really interested in what goes on there.

Then there's Oak Ridge - but thats way on the other side of the state from me, and doesnt really pretain to the reasons behind my query.

Anybody know anything about Arnold, or know anything about any other installations that I didnt mention?

There is a reason I want to know... but that discussion will have to be moved to another thread after we discuss the possiblity of Mid-Tenn facilities.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, I know the Arnold AFB hires civilians (my uncle works there) so I don't think anything out of the ordinary is going on. Mostly engine testing, flight simulation and the like.

Although, I know what your saying about the ominous feeling you get around this place at night.......the density of trees around the base is rather odd compared to rest of the geography in the area.

[edit on 1/3/07 by sdp333]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
www.arnold.af.mil...

Wow - looks like there's quite a bit that goes on there... they must have a pretty big underground footprint too with those big ass wind-tunnel things.

Sounds like they test quite a bit of technology here... even says something about space and rockets.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Y12 and K25 are about the only governmental places that they do TOP flight research their.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The only wierd things I notice in this area is all the chemtrails all the damn time.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
AERO/Arnold is straight up wind tunnel tests and flight simulation. They've got transsonic and hypersonic wind tunnels, a scramjet test facility and a lot of computational power for wing and engine simulation.

I've never heard anything in particular about Arnold, other than that they do a lot of good lab work.

There are a number of facilities in middle Tennessee that are USAPs that I know of, but none very near Tullahoma.

Why, did you see/hear the "foreign exchange students"?.
There's a couple of training facilities that host SAS and Israeli troops from time to time, some of them have a lot of fun dinking around with the locals, traditionally you'll see at least one incident a year where a local bar fills up with some SOCOM guys who spend the evening speaking Russian or some dumbassed thing and then you will get these panicky stories about secret UN troops taking over.

There's also some pretty stock natural special effects in the area like the Brown Mtn lights and around Tullahoma there's a "ghost train" that everyone used to see. Oh, and the eldest O'Bedlam sibling had his famous "lost time/abduction" experience while in the Tullahoma area.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I watched a special on national Geographic about two seperate sites where the HBomb was being developed. One of those sites was near there. They went to the site now and its all trees and stuff. They found a few foundations, and a toilet out in the middle of trees and stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Y12, K25 these are government places in the Tennessee Valley.
Oak Ridge National Labs

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Technically, Y12 and K25 are part of the Oak Ridge Reservation (overall), but
not part of the Oak Ridge Laboratory administratively.

ORNL (research) is based mostly at the X-10 site, with a little bit on the
unclassified areas of the Y-12 site.

The Y-12 plant/facility is now managed separately and is part of the nuclear weapons security administration (NNSA). It's function is the production, maintenance and disposal of the thermonuclear secondaries, including enriched uranium storage. It's depressing and very ugly. Complex pieces were manufactured there.

The K-25 plant is now entirely an environmental cleanup area. It used to be a gaseous diffusion plant for uranium enrichment but was shut down a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

join