It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is it over?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just a thought but if it is necessary to limit the rights of US citizens to fight 'The War on Terror' how will we know when it's over? We are fed euphemism after euphemism but when does the eaves dropping end? When do the constitutional safeguards for citizens return? When are we allowed to trust our fellow human beings? Will normalcy ever return? Has our government succeeded in convincing us that things have changed so dramatically that we will never go back to the way it was?
That would be so wrong. How will we Know?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When is it over ? When will it be, like before ?

Growing up, my father was career Navy. Enlisted. My mother didn't have to work, and we grew up upper middle class, living off base.

Today, where would my family be ?

We can never go back. We only adjust to our situation and do what we can to make it better.

As far as "eaves dropping" , hasn't affected me, one bit.

Constitutional safeguards ? Still there. Have you served your country to protect these rights ?

Trust fellow humans ? I do. I never trust first impressions. I present an appearance, just to see others first impression of me. I judge their shallowness.

Will normalcy (sic) ever return ?

Not for me. As a Vet, patriot and an American, IMHO my view of this nations greatness was tarnished. To the extent that measure to ensure our safety were taken. However extreme they may seem.

I'm a firm believer that the U.S. should have remained a neutral, self sustaining country. Isolationast, if you will.

Would we be the country we are today, if so ? Probably not. But, we are.
I'm still proud to be an American.

Lex

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Constitutional safeguards ? Still there. Have you served your country to protect these rights?

Actually I didn't have too because when you are the only remaining son you are granted a deferment. So because of my brother sacrifice I became the soul surviving son.

Patriotism aside, I feel that we have been manipulated into 'accepting' a great deal of unnecessary fear and undo stress. For example I don't buy the arguemnt that if we don't fight them there we'll have to fight them here. I think it was pure and simple over oil. My evidence would be the PNAC manifesto, available on the web, and the Downing Street memo which clearly shows that the present adminisrtation was planning to invade Iraq before 9/11. Do you disagree?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Even if you are a lone male heir, you can still serve. You can ask to be given non-combat assignments.

Who is "accepting" fear and undo stress ? A "great deal", in your words.
Are YOU accepting this "stress" Or, are you putting words in all of Americans mouths ?

You seem to have an issue with oil, and the world-wide ownership of such.
You have a legitamate complaint.

On the other hand, this is our country. Officials are elected (or placed, another topic).
These people aren't going to hand over this country. The citizens would raise a stink not heard since Miss O'Leary's cow farted.

TPTB are smart enough to keep this nation together. May not look like it from a young person's view, but, they will.
Do I doubt the governing bodies in some of their actions ? Are there things they don't tell the public ? Sure.

As an honest, tax-paying citizen, should I worry about what they are doing ? No.

They ADMIT what they are doing to stop our country from being tarnished.
Probably been doing this, and more, for years.

I suggest you seek more into upholding this countries security, than just criticizing small aspects.

The above represents my opinions,
Lex

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Lex

That sounds strikingly similar to 'My country love it or leave it!

Let me expand on some of 'my' concerns. Civilian interment camps which were founded to the tune of $375,000,000 last year and KBR got the contract. To me that's cronyism, illegal and totally unethical. This do as I say not as I do attitude prevade 'our' gov't.
The total non-investigation of 9/11. There are many questions that the govt has made no attempt to explain. To wit, 100's of threads on this site and several video's all ready covered as well, ex. Loose Change. I would like to be convinved that it was as they say, if possible.
Recent thread on the closing of the branch of the CDC that investigates deaths for unknown reasons. It would seem that with the heightened concern about avian flu et al that this would be an important pursuit.

Hostile attitude of govt to whistle blowers who expose gov't lies, fraud or overchaging by the likes of Halliburton. Again well covered on this site. Auditors in Iraq who were most successful at finding Corp fraud were let go. Abu Graib. Following blindly is not an option and it's hardly a few 'small aspects' but more a spreading rot that threatens our future. Perhaps an over statement?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That sounds strikingly similar to 'My country love it or leave it!

Let me expand on some of 'my' concerns.

Civilian
interment camps which were founded to the tune of $375,000,000 last year and KBR got the contract.
To me that's cronyism, illegal and totally unethical. This do as I say not as I do attitude prevade 'our' gov't.
The total non-investigation of 9/11. There are many questions that the govt has made no attempt to explain. To wit, 100's of threads on this site and several video's all ready covered as well, ex. Loose Change. I would like to be convinved that it was as they say, if possible.
Recent thread on the closing of the branch of the CDC that investigates deaths for unknown reasons. It would seem that with the heightened concern about avian flu et al that this would be an important pursuit.

Hostile attitude of govt to whistle blowers who expose gov't lies, fraud or overchaging by the likes of Halliburton. Again well covered on this site. Auditors in Iraq who were most successful at finding Corp fraud were let go. Abu Graib. Following blindly is not an option and it's hardly a few 'small aspects' but more a spreading rot that threatens our future. Perhaps an over statement?

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Tried to delete above post. Couldn't find a way.
Anyway, my request was to provide evidence of the 375M spent on interment (sic) camps. And, who is KBR ?

Lex

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Kellogg, Brown Root a subsidiary of Halliburton.

cascadians.tribe.net...

ww4report.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

These camps have recently been called 'immigrant detention centers' in reference to our illegal alien problem but there is a more sinister element as well.

www.totse.com...

Especially Operation Cable Splicer read near the bottom of above post.

There is also a most alarming gov’t document regarding above, I am searching now.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just wondering if this thread might interest you?

War on terror to last 30 years!

Thats around about half the average lifetime, Children being born within the last 5-10 years wont know any different throughout thier whole lives.

A little fuel for the fire.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Further:

Originally posted by polanksi
For example I don't buy the arguemnt that if we don't fight them there we'll have to fight them here.

I dont buy that either. Infact, it is becoming more apparent that fighting them there actually MAKES them come over here to fight.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It'll be over when certain groups decide they have enough money.....

OR they get scared some ppl are being to understand the synthetics behind them sending men to their deaths, and making a profit from it.

either way, its not over under the US citizens find a way to remove the illegial regime in power

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Definately a concern re: the long war. I don't buy it. The American lifestyle is negotiable. I'll take my children and grandchildren alive vs. oil any day. Let Bush send his daughters and Cheney can send his, if not why should my kids fight. It seems clear to me that the Iraq War was unprovoked, there was no connection to 9/11 or Al Qeada. The War on Terror is a ruse, a deception, trickery and not worth any Americans life.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by polanksi]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It will continue until one of two things happens. 1) We are locked down in a police state, and the one world gov't is in place. 2) we get fed up and revolt, and return our gov't to the way it is supposed to be. ie revolution.

top topics

join