It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Civilian Experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi I'm a new member here...

I have alot of ideas concerning proving the existence of UFOs. They may be military, they may be ET, they may be something else.

Through my methods we MAY be able to prove almost without a doubt that there is something there that cannot be denied. If we can show some strong data, even if it takes time, we cannot be ignored.

This is a calling to everyone that will be 100% dedicated to this experiment. Times WILL be allocated and must be adhered to if we are to succeed. I have attempted to use this method previously though there were not nearly enough people involved for it to work. If, like many of us, you are dedicated to the truth then join with us and help to gather a data set that will be irrefutable. Before you agree, know that it will take up a fair amount of time, though you will be able to contribute from your own backyard if needs be.

If there are enough people interested I will elaborate. This does have a chance to succeed and to be recognised if it can be executed properly and with full cooperation.

If we can get A LOT of people to participate with full dedication, then we can come up with even more definitive results. It all depends on the numbers we can get...

I have tried to voice this idea on other boards which others were quick to copy with minor little changes. Everyone wanted the truth but wasn't willing to give up a few hours a week.

You want a real chance at proving UFOs are plentiful and do exist? Sacrifice a little time out of your day.

If we can prove that something exists, then we can perk up an interest.

PS. Theres no point if we have only 10 people we need as many as possible. This has the potential to force the truth if we have the numbers.

I have been on ATS for a long time though not a member and I'm sure this will get driven into the ground before it has a chance to start. Please give it a chance we can no longer rely on anyone else. If others can confirm facts, we are just as capable (if you catch my drift).

Peace Out

Hadro.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I bet this will get bumped to the bottom in no time.

Answers don't just happen. Nothing is going to fall into our lap guys and gals.

You have to work for them.

If you can't be bothered at least say so. Then I can move on.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Huge sales pitch, no product presentation.
People want to know what you're selling, before they'll show interest.
Try proposing your ideas.

Lex

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall

If there are enough people interested I will elaborate. This does have a chance to succeed and to be recognised if it can be executed properly and with full cooperation.

PS. Theres no point if we have only 10 people we need as many as possible. This has the potential to force the truth if we have the numbers.

Yeah, I have to agree with Lexion... give your idea up. It's the only way you can prove it was yours first anyway, in addition to the fact that no one will pledge their time until they know what you're talking about doing.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ok. Was looking for a little support first but hey. Someone will probably gank it but I don't care they can do the work.

If you get a large enough group of people, you set out a schedule.

Times are allocated throughout the week for people so watch the sky in an alternating N or S direction.

Preferably, we have many people in relatively close locations throughout the world. Considering ATS is very multicultural we have a chance, if enough people are willing to participate.

Watching times would be random at first within reason.

1 repitition would last approximately 2 weeks, though subject to change depending on results. I would type up excel sheets with the relative fields (or possibly a free database program for those that cannot afford excel) for people to fill in with different spottings depending on the time.

I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty just yet unless people are interested but I have explained this on the blackvault some time ago now. They weren't all that interested because they couldn't be bothered. It involves watching the sky, in a certain specific direction, for at least an hour, 5 times a week, 10 times per cycle. This is at the very minimum as I realise that people have commitments. While it sounds like a lot, its the absolute minimum we need without infared cameras mounted on our houses.

The idea is that in the long run, we will be able to cancell out sattellites, planets, etc. Obscure objects can be identified and tracked and then 'possibly' tracked back to FOI reports etc. If not, then hopefully we will have enough members to paint a clear enough picture. The problem with most UFO groups and the reason they aren't recognised by science is because they are not scientific in their methods.

This method will include specific times, directions and days for participants. It will include set categories of sightings, cameras at hand if possible, and ideally people reasonably close to each other to track.

Raw data would then be collated in excell and statistical mathematics applied.

The complete nuts and bolts of the workings are coming I have to retune them as its been a very long time since I posted them but I have some good ideas.

Everything will conform to scientific standards. I have studied core science units and have a BSc, I know what theyre looking for. I'm not claiming to be able to give you the answers definetely, though results could definetely raise eyebrows.

We will need as many replications of the 2 week period as possible. Hopefully dedicated people will be found.

This has been posted on the black vault in detail before, I would rather not give away who I am because of certain posts. If you are that keen on finding out if I am the original poster I will post replies on the black vault.
Understand that it took me more than a few years to even join this site, I am pretty hesitant with these subjects.

The thing is that we need a LOT of people. At least 50 who are dedicated. I'm not gonna sit around relying on the 'disclosure project'. It can easily be dismissed. An organised, simultaneous effort will be much more productive and recognisable. Mind you the disclosure project is great, but I honestly think this is the way to go. Imagine there were 5000 people involved? Imagine the data we could come up with! Raw data and statistics matter to scientists, not testimony. While you could argue that this would be similar, there is a previous agreement to link results, unlike the disclosure project or MUFON, AUFORN, etc which do not have a reasonably linked dataset.

The problem is that sightings posted to such agencies are biased, because the people involved are outside much of the time. If you set times to look, then you can accurately correlate.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Tools needed would be a good eye, a notepad, a compass, a digital camera, and prefferably a video recorder... depending on the equipment available in certain areas. I.E. If someone is 5 K down the road then 1 cam would be ok.

Recording sessions could involve listenening to music and relaxing...... it wouldn't be that hard

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply.
I understand your meaning, and direction, completely.
If it is possible to get the needed amount of people onboard, I think it might be an interesting experiment.

I'd be interested in participating, once everything is ironed out. Dates,
times,equipment required, etc.

Mods, can you maybe re-direct this thread to the Research area ?
Personally, I think it has merit.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks I appreciate the support.

It has been ironed out a lot, just gotta get around to typing it up again.

My apologies if it is in the wrong section.

The key is numbers though. LOL, everyone acknowledges the merit but no one can ever be bothered in my experience! First time I posted this would have to be at least a year ago, then some guy tried to copy me and get everyone to put cameras on their houses, wasn't going to happen though.

I have been searching for my whole life. My training in science has given myself and others an opportunity. I just hope people are more interested in proof than interesting stories... no offense people.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would be interested in participating also but would have to first look at those protocol's for this experiment before I give it a go.

Can you give us a little information about your background and experience in the UFO field?

Also, I'm interested in finding out what you plan to do with the results for this experiment.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ok the results are getting ahead of ourselves. We need the results first.

I will put money into a domain. I am willing to pay out for this to work. I will NOT be asking for money from anyone at all. Certain members that are dedicated, intelligent and literate will be able to help me with collation and given mod access.

My experience in the UFO field is zilch. Then again that is a very large positive for what we want to do. I want to spread this into the scientific community and possibly elsewhere. Periodical reports will be posted on the website and updated in a main collation section. My brother is a skilled web designer so it wont be purple text and black galaxy background beleive me. I wouldn't have it. Very professional.

I have a few contacts working for the Australian Government in Genetics, one neurourgeon, a few doctors and many others with a BSc.

Before this all happens we need some support and core members.

Going against scientific protocol, were going to have to sample outside of working hours and consider time zones, though it shouldnt make too much of a difference. This will need at the very minimum 6 repititions of 2 weeks each, prefferably 40+. We can always alternate members. Those that would seek to decieve us please stay away though. I'm asking you sincerely, this is a genuine effort to prove that 'something' is there.

If we can prove that something is there, then others would definetely know and we may be able to force a hand.

I am dead serious about this and have been thinking about it for a long time. All it will require is participation and adherance to the schedule. If members miss a session it is ok, but they should note it in their data sets.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know you all want the method, now but its basically there...

Remember this has been posted long before now.... Please give me merit for my ideas.

Ok for example.

Person A

Allocation: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sun.

1 hour watching North. Lets just say from 8-9pm (Can be adjusted accordingly).

Take you compass, camera, notepad etc.

If Person A sees something. They note the compass bearings, from appearance to dissapearance, even if it does just fade away they judge. They would try to time it a stopwatch would be very handy as well. Take pictures if possible. Note description, and enter into excel.

Person B

Same allocations:

As above and enters into book, photos, etc.

Now we take the most accurate long/lat of the participants....

You see where I'm coming from?

It will take participants for me to work it out properly I need to know how many people and from what areas.

Point being, you will probably be able to id satellites (hopefully i dont get raided for this LOL) and planets accurately. They can be discounted and then unknowns concentrated on. Collate data after long enough a time and then you may possibly get some very very very solid info. Do this for 6 months or preferrably longer with enough people and you get lots of attention.

The thing is this will be an organised worldwide effort no UFO agency does it I have no idea why not. Results WILL happen but we need dedication. I'm just plain sick of waiting for proof.

Sorry if my wording is a bit off, its 8 in the morning here been up all night.

Next week you swap to south. etc.

You can note sightings outside your 180 degree arc but it would be noted (compass). Trends can later be analysed and followed.

It will take a long time and lots of effort. Would you rather wait for someone to do it for you though? How long have you waited for the disclosure project? I'm having some serious doubts about their credibility though thats just my opinion. How many witnesses have we seen on video out of the 'supposed' 400 odd?

We are just as capable as anyone else. There are many many intelligent people on these boards, I wish the local coucil had a 1/4 of the brains you guys do!

I will definetely be able to get the support of some highly qualified scientists if we come through with the data sets. All we need is lots of raw data and we can raise eye brows that would never be interested in testimony.

Lets do it guys. All we need is numbers and lots of collation.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For palaheea,

I have been around this stuff for a long time. About 8 years.

Yes I'm only 21 but I have my reasons.

I have to say that I wont let myself believe anything I havent seen personally in almost 100% of cases.

While I'm not a member of any UFO group I'm glad, I once looked into it and they were on about alien hair and I turned straight away (Blonde female hair who supposedly had sex with a despo- no offence). YES THAT WAS AUFON. I've had bad experiences too, my aunty is on smack and reckons Elivis is alive and her cousin (She is also an AUFON member - again no offense I'm sure some of their stuff is legit but I'm completely turned off. Do you blame me?). I will not be swayed. Scientific way or no way at all. No one has done it properly yet, whether on purpose (which I'm almost 100% sure of) or not.

Everyone is against the scientists...

We need to show them more. They can be swayed and I have quite a few contacts if we can get the data.

Please keep this post up, I believe it is very important. I will dedicate all of my free time to such a project if there are those willing to help me.

Specifics of times, equipment etc will be posted when there are more people interested. A few just wont do. A digital camera and a working compass are going to be quite essential though.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would love to help out in collecting data. I don't work now and I have dificulty sleeping (that will come in handy). As I am a photographer I have a good digital camera and lenses and I also have a sony mini dv camcorder with a 20x optical lens.
Hope I can be of help
John.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sounds good to me seenitall!

I've been wanting to do something like this myself with a group of people but if we can get more interest in this project from those on this board, I think it's worth a try!

Once you've got things more set up for this experiment, just come back here and we will try it out. Nobody's going anywhere so no need to rush but I do think this project would be a lot of fun to do and I'm extremely interested in seeing what kinds of results we can get.

In the meantime I will purchase a decent compass -- my last one blew off my balcony into the lake somewhere...

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Or you could simply contact local astronomy hobbyist groups and find out who was observing the sky where and when (amateur astronomers do frrequent sky watches) and watch the skies frequently.

They also have star parties and meteor watching events... during the big showers, they will have people watching and photographing the sky from dusk until dawn.

And there's a whopping bunch of these organizations across the world. I'm sure they'd be happy to give observation results -- AND they're trained so they know a meteor/aircraft when they see one.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Byrd, was that a

or a sarcastic reply ?
I hope the former.

Lex

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's an interesting idea. I think lots of people do this own their but they are not organized for sharing the info.

I live in a very rural area and look at the night sky almost every day. Not hours on end but on and off throughout the evening. I check the objects I see. Satelites, IIS shuttle, etc.

I can say after many, many hours of watching over years, I have seen only one odd thing.

I suppose I live in the wrong place for unusual activity. I am always a bit surprised by all the reported UFOs, etc. people see.

I might consider joining in.

[edit on 1/3/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
East coast Australia here willing to participate

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm in. Just let me know what you need. I didn't need to see your method. All I needed to see was your drive.

For one, it can't hurt.

Sign me up. I'll send you my cred's.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I absolutely love the Idea! I live south of Seatle/Tacoma area and am willing to participate. I have not had much experience in taking photos at the night sky, but do have a digital camera and an eagerness to contribute in any way possible.

I do work most of the day, but am up from 10pm-2am Pacific time nightly.

Consider my service offered!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join