It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer's 'Disclosure' book.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I received this book in the mail yesterday and I was up late reading it.

The 2001 press briefing really did make a good impression on me and I have been an avid follower ever since. However, the testimonies in this book make me sceptical and wonder about "disinformation". Steven Greer explained at the 2001 press conference that he knows when he is being "scammed" of hoaxers and obviously he is a very intelligent person, but some of the information he is agreeing to take on board is just too much for any outsider to believe. Some may say that Dr Greer is the scammer, which is why his campaign is not effective.

So just at random off the top of my head, some of the testimonies include a mention of a monorail network beneath the Pentagon - with EBE's confering with government personnel, a cancer healing device technology being kept from the public, seeing into the future technology ("Operation Looking Glass"). We are told that the human race was genetically manipulated some 45000 years ago by a race who had settlements on Mars ("Face on Mars" structure). This is all so beyond just strange lights in the sky. Great reading for feeding the imagination but is it fact, is it fiction or just a little of both?

[edit on 3-1-2007 by MagicalRat]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Like any other collection of witnesses, some are great, some poor.
There are TONs of threads here on the Disclosure Project, and Mr. Greer, so I'd highly recommend a use of the Search function to find other info too...

Unfortunately, Greer takes in all witnesses great and poor alike, and so in the end is rather unconvincing (imho), and that's why the project has faltered...in addition to his shortcomings.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I, too, was extremely fascinated by the Disclosure Project witness testimony and I still think that it's an incredible collection. I haven't read "Disclosure," but I have read another of his books, "Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge," and boy, oh boy, is there a lot of distracting material in that one. Dr. Greer can defy gravity and pray UFOs into appearing, et cetera... that one's much more about attaining a "cosmic consciousness" than any real UFO data.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the minute i saw that idiot singing awfully on the intro i thought something wasnt right. Interesting video though, shame its not got very far.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicalRat

We are told that the human race was genetically manipulated some 45000 years ago by a race who had settlements on Mars ("Face on Mars" structure

I find this quite odd, as he does not set aliens up as 'God' as some people do.

In his book 'Hidden Truth' he states that we are created equally, by God. I haven't read his earlier books but I would like to check that out, that seems a bit off from what I am familiar with.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It was certainly necessary for Greer to release the book "Disclosure". They need funding and this is a good way to generate income.

Years later, I think it was admirable for Greer to create a new book to spark additional income, something with original content, but he may have been a little shortsighted about what he did. It damaged his reputation unfortunatley, and because he is the spokesperson for Disclosure Project, it hurts everyone in the end.

Hopefully the new book made a lot of income to help continue the project.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So just at random off the top of my head, some of the testimonies include a mention of a monorail network beneath the Pentagon

We are told that the human race was genetically manipulated some 45000 years ago by a race who had settlements on Mars ("Face on Mars" structure).

H. sapiens is over 90,000 years old and there was no huge change in form or anythign else 45,000 years ago (this was the time of the "caveman" when h. sap and h. neanderthal. were in some contact. So there's bones and artifacts from that time.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Below is the last part of a word for word transcript included in the book Disclosure.

Testimony of A.H., Boeing Aerospace in December 2000

page 402-403

"From all of the contacts that I've met, my final conclusion about this is that the reason why our government is afraid to release this information is because of religion. This would probably destroy how we see ourselves.

For example, the information that we have managed to collect regarding the face on Mars, which I know for a fact is real, would have a great impact. I have another contact at NASA, JPL that I haven't mentioned. I can't mention too much about it because he is still working there. This person that I know is very high up in NASA. He said they know it's a face. They know that it was carved by somebody other than us.

In an imaging area, they know for a fact that the face on Mars is real and that it was not made by windstorms or trick of lighting or anything like that. They know for a fact that the face on Mars was made from an extraterrestrial race that came here to Earth about 45,000 years BC. They set up civilization here on Earth and went back and forth from Mars to our planet Earth to give us information and to further the race they created, which is us. This is a shock to the human populace. And I think it's the big reason why NASA and the governments - especially USA are refusing to release this information. Because one thing will lead to another and somebody will come to the conclusion that we were created by an extraterrestrial race. This would be shocking to everybody here on Earth and this is what they are afraid of releasing. And that's my final conclusion regarding this investigation and who the aliens are. I really feel that the aliens that were on Mars came here and set up our civilization as we know it and they created these gray extraterrestrial aliens to watch over our planet to make sure that we don't blow up their creation and their planet..."

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Below is the last part of a word for word transcript included in the book Disclosure.

Thanks for posting this MR.

Does it go on to say or is it preceded by what Steven Greer's opinion on this is?

I'm going to have to get this book.

This seems to be presented not as Greer's own conclusion but as the testimony of A.H. of Boeing Aerospace.

Without Greer's remarks, it's hard to determine how Greer is quoting him. I mean, for example, he could have said just before the quote...

"So I met this guy the other day, a real wacko. I asked him his name, he just told me his name was AH and he told me his story. I don't believe it, but I'm giving you an example of the lying vermin I meet that are trying to spread disinformation. Here's his story...."

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Steven Greer also says in 'Hidden' that he doesn't believe that disclosure would affect religion at all. He even goes on to say, if I remember, that God created us all.

If I remember to bring my book to work tomorrow, I'll type all of the stuff I've read that doesn't support this view.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I bought & read "Hidden" before this one and it is also a collection of talks transcribed. This book does not give Dr Greer's opinion and is he quoting him? well its a transcript of the recorded interview. The question and the answer is all that is given.

If you have seen the Disclosure Witness Testimonies on google or official DVD then these are included word for word, with additional info and testimonies.

Greer does not really state that "God created us all", he tries to explain that we are all "windows of the Godhead" - rain drops from the ocean, as David Icke also says - or "Infinite Consciousness". We and everything that exists is God. Its very complex and surreal to understand but I think that is thinking along the right lines of the truth.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by MagicalRat]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok, so you know what I'm talking about anyway. Thanks for that.

So in response to your original question I'd have to say that I don't think this statement nor any of the others would inherently discredit Greer. He's is just presenting what he has found from talking to people.

I believe that 'Hidden' only reports that which has been corroborated by multiple witnesses.

Contrary to what a previous poster I can't see that any of Dr. Greer's works has caused to discredit him or his organization. He's done way more than most in working towards Disclosure.

And as far as money from books, it seems that if he wanted money he would go back to being an Emergency room doctor. His books are not being distributed by a big monolith like Random House or anything like that....

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What's the testimony being given in response to, and how is this person certified to be genuine?

"From all of the contacts that I've met, my final conclusion about this is that the reason why our government is afraid to release this information is because of religion. This would probably destroy how we see ourselves.

This has got to be the most bogus piece of reasoning ever!

We've got tv shows about aliens... and we've had them for nearly 60 years. I'm sitting here watching "Voyager." Now... maybe it's going to destroy some of the fundamentalists' views, but for the rest of the world it's just Star Trek and other tv come to life.

Nobody freaked out over ST showing, y'know.

For example, the information that we have managed to collect regarding the face on Mars, which I know for a fact is real, would have a great impact. I have another contact at NASA, JPL that I haven't mentioned. I can't mention too much about it because he is still working there. This person that I know is very high up in NASA. He said they know it's a face.

In spite of subsequent photos?

They know for a fact that the face on Mars was made from an extraterrestrial race that came here to Earth about 45,000 years BC. They set up civilization here on Earth and went back and forth from Mars to our planet Earth to give us information and to further the race they created, which is us.

Just beyond stupid. They're confusing race with species or else they're trying to say the Fine White People are the only group granted civilization. In any case, there's no cites and so forth that are from 45,000 BC.

If this is the quality of disclosure, it reveals that there ARE no UFOs visiting. A true disclosure would reveal truths -- locations of cities that are 45,000 years old with technology, other things on Mars as seen by Rovers and other imaging from space programs other than NASA.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Dont be so quick to dismiss the Mars face because the new photos dont show anything.

I too admit I had written the subject off until I started hearing rumors about how NASA airbrushes a lot of their pictures and just plain removes stuff they dont want the public to see.

There was some guy in England last year that hacked into the NASA computers based on testimony in the disclosure project. The disclosure project has an eyewitness that worked for NASA and did the airbrushing work. So this guy hacks in and sure enough saw a ton of photos undoctored showing discs and other ufo's next to space shuttles, etc.

Last I heard, NASA had filed charges and the USA was getting him sent over to prosecute him

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

If this is the quality of disclosure, it reveals that there ARE no UFOs visiting. A true disclosure would reveal truths -- locations of cities that are 45,000 years old with technology, other things on Mars as seen by Rovers and other imaging from space programs other than NASA.

Indeed, IF...but you can't judge a whole idea on just a few paragraphs from one book, which was my whole point.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I bought & read "Hidden" before this one and it is also a collection of talks transcribed. This book does not give Dr Greer's opinion and is he quoting him? well its a transcript of the recorded interview. The question and the answer is all that is given.

If you have seen the Disclosure Witness Testimonies on google or official DVD then these are included word for word, with additional info and testimonies.

Greer does not really state that "God created us all", he tries to explain that we are all "windows of the Godhead" - rain drops from the ocean, as David Icke also says - or "Infinite Consciousness". We and everything that exists is God. Its very complex and surreal to understand but I think that is thinking along the right lines of the truth.

I plan on reading Steven Greer's books soon but my main point of contention about him is that he seems to totally skip over all abduction information.
Does he believe at all in any of that? And if so, what does he say about it?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is absolutely no way in the world I will believe anything that comes from Greer until he comes onto a board such as this and is open to questions.

Fastwalkers has made me extremely suspicious of his motives, as with Friedman.

It would have to be one of the most BS documentaries on any subject I have ever seen. Lots of sensationalism, no progress.

Both started with reasonable efforts and since have been coasting on reputation.

Even though I disagree with much of what Lear says hes earned a lot more points in my book because he is willing to bear it all and discuss issues with us.

I may have missed a few important things here and there, but I'm not going to fund stooges.

How many hours of testimony does Greer have? Well where is it? We have seen less than 2% of it according to his own statements. Maybe he could only afford to pay enough actors for a few hours to gain a basis for his profits.

PS:
The Mars face looks really cool, but it isn't anything. Struggling to find the words for this right now but nature and geology can produce some amazing results.

All these so called tunnels and such on Mars are complete bs. Have you ever taken a class in Earth sciences and seen a lava tunnel? Erosion and structure (depending on cooling temperatures) could quite easily reproduce such effects. Yes, even the apparent luminosity.

I apologise if you find these comments offensive, its just that these issues cause a lot of confusion, sensationalism and to many people frustration.

Muddying the waters is never going to help. Then again though, that could be the point.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
[
I plan on reading Steven Greer's books soon but my main point of contention about him is that he seems to totally skip over all abduction information.
Does he believe at all in any of that? And if so, what does he say about it?

'Hidden' will explain this better than I can,but I will attempt to answer this in a summary format.

First and foremost, understand that the government's main thing around the ETs secret is that they want to spread disinformation that ETs are violent and have malicious intent toward humans.

I won't detail the reason why, but if you know anything about Carol Rosin, Werner Von Braun's spokesperson or saw her testimony at the Nat'l Press Club Event, then you know that he was very much against space weapons and that points to one reason why. Read the book for more detail.

Also understand that he has corroborated with many people inside government circles that have confirmed that the Roswell Crash in 47 did involve a UFO. So we've had UFO technology since the late 40s.

Greer has been able to verify with multiple witnesses inside dark groups that these groups within the the government have since created ARVs, or alien reproduction vehicles made here on Earth. And the rogue groups use these for abduction sequences for not only disinformation but also to abduct key political figures to influence them to go forward with space based weapons and to discourage them from coming forward with exposing the alien secret.

Dr Greer's position is that neither abductions, nor cow mutilitations are carried out by ETs, but rather our own goverment. A very dark operation indeed b/c most people are unaware that we have these technologies. His own experiences with ETs and government officials who have experienced ETs are that ETs are not in anyway violent-as a matter of fact they are waiting for us to get to a place of peace so that we can join them as a community of one.

The reason Greer states that he does not go over this kind of thing in his video lectures is that he has uncovered some weird stuff stuff in his research, and although he does want to get out the truth, he has to be careful in the way he presents it because he understands and admits that he is concerned that he would lose his credibility by presenting the truth. A book is easier to explain what he knows and how he knows it, he can go into greater detail.

I know that my explanation is probably going to raise more questions than answers, and I'm probably doing a disservice to Dr Greer by trying to answer the question myself than to let the book do the talking, which does an excellent job in my opinion.

Even if you do not agree with what I have stated, I think you would find the information interesting, and I would like to hear your opinion about it after read fully his account.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
There is absolutely no way in the world I will believe anything that comes from Greer until he comes onto a board such as this and is open to questions.

I regret that you feel this way. A lot of evidence is admitted into court cases without the presenters being required to face a internet news group.

If I was him, I would subject myself to that kind of torture either.

But that's just me.

Hopefully he has more important things to do.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is some merit.

I just find it very hard to believe anyone that only surfaces to sell a new book or DVD.

Point is that he teases with promises of wonderous numbers of witnesses but cannot release video.

He stated himself that there are stupidly large amounts of video evidence. Well where is it? Torrent software could easily take the load off of servers.

Shouldn't fastwalkers have had a bit more in that department? It was incredibly short considering the amount of testimony he has gathered (cough).

[edit on 5-1-2007 by seenitall]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join