It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

national guard airlifting food to cattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

National Guard brings food to snowbound

Volunteers on snowmobiles joined a National Guard airlift to feed thousands of snowbound cattle Wednesday, fanning out across eastern Colorado in search of animals stranded by back-to-back holiday blizzards

Eight Guard helicopters and a C-130 cargo plane were dispatched Wednesday in the campaign to save the livestock herds that are vital to the region's economy.

Soldiers delivered about 500 bales of hay Tuesday to cattle unable to get through the snow to grass and water, Maj. Gen. Mason Whitney said

Getting food to stranded cattle is key to protecting the region's economic lifeblood, said agricultural extension agent Leonard Pruett. Up to $1.8 billion worth of cattle are on the line, most of them breeding cows that will produce next year's crop of beef cattle
------------------------

i'm just wondering here but where were all the cargo planes and volunteers on jet ski's when the people were stranded cause of katrina....we heard all the logistical excuses as to why they couldn't get food to them but they're airlifting food to the cattle...

is it cause the cattle is worth 1.8 billion and all the katrina people were not?

it's not that i don't want the cattle to be fed i just want to know why this same thing was not done for the katrina victims....

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
news.yahoo.com...

i'm just wondering here but where were all the cargo planes and volunteers on jet ski's when the people were stranded cause of katrina....we heard all the logistical excuses as to why they couldn't get food to them but they're airlifting food to the cattle...

is it cause the cattle is worth 1.8 billion and all the katrina people were not?

it's not that i don't want the cattle to be fed i just want to know why this same thing was not done for the katrina victims....

You've got to be kidding, right? I thought this site was all about "denying ignorance." I guess the thousand dollars worth of food, clothing, and other supplies my church sent to Katrina victims that was hauled by local trucking firms was a dream. I suppose the thousands of troops rescuing, housing, feeding and providing medical care to victims (while cindy sheehan was calling for the military to end the occupation of New Orleans) was just my imagination. Wake up!!!

[edit on 3-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

Originally posted by Boondock78
news.yahoo.com...

You've got to be kidding, right? I thought this site was all about "denying ignorance." I guess the thousand dollars worth of food, clothing, and other supplies my church sent to Katrina victims that was hauled by local trucking firms was a dream. I suppose the thousands of troops rescuing, housing, feeding and providing medical care to victims (while cindy sheehan was calling for the military to end the occupation of New Orleans) was just my imagination. Wake up!!!

[edit on 3-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

hmmmmm...maybe i was dreaming when i saw the thousands of people waiting outside of the dome with no food and no water. i guess i imagined seeing that dead person in teh wheel chair covered up with a blanket. i guess i imagined seeing the dead guy laying there up next to the dome.
i wasn't talking about your church and local trucking companies. i'm talking about the national guard. hoe come the national guard has the ability to load cargo planes up with food for cattle but they can't do it for the people.
i never said that nothing was done in new orleans. after several days yeah, the red cross got there and people started to help and sean penn went out in his little boat with the camera guy.

where was the national guard? where was fema? where was the gov?
i kept hearing excuses of logistical reason of why it's unreasonable to think they coul get to those people.

you wake up dude...again, not the red cross and the local church that wants to help. there were thousands of our citizens in need of food/water/medicine and i didn't see any airdrops of food...

did you see them dropping food for the people at the dome? i didn't.
i don't much appreciate the implication that i'm ignorant either.

new topics

join