It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influenza A races through Macedonia..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Didn't know where best to put this because it isn't confirmed Avian Flu'. I will put it here until tests are confirmed or de-bunked

www.makfax.com.mk...&NrSection=10

Influenza A virus rages through Kumanovo

Kumanovo /03/01/ 14:49

Kumanovo's healthcare facilities are overcrowded with patients infected with Influenza A virus, Makfax's correspondent reported.

The patients report high fever, respiration problems and strong cough, which are clear symptoms of this disease.

Because of the New Year's holidays, there is no official data as to the number of the infected persons, however, the health authorities are expected to come up with the data later during the day.

The medical personnel in the clinics say the virus is spreading rapidly as more than 100 patients are seeking medical care on a daily basis.

According to Healthcare Protection Office, the rapid spreading of the influenza is a result of failure to receive preventive vaccine, due to its high price. Moreover, the recent misinformation about inefficiency of the Chinese influenza vaccines averted many citizens from receiving them.

The presence of the same virus has been officially confirmed in the nearby town of Kratovo.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good work murphs.

Something's going on methinks. ...Have been reviewing the bird flu headlines, and trying to figure out what to do with the stories too.

Lots of warnings, few confirmations.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Good work murphs.

Something's going on methinks. ...Have been reviewing the bird flu headlines, and trying to figure out what to do with the stories too.

Lots of warnings, few confirmations.

Sorry Sofi,
I can't find any further follow-ups on this story..It seems to have hit a few Euro papers with a bang and then died away again..
There is certainly alot of Flu' A about and in epidemic proportions...There is alot of AF (in birds) about. Bad mix.
Respiratory illness is on the increase..I am on my 2nd course of anti-biotics for a resistant chest infection..Hospitals are closing because of a rise of pneumonia and broncholitis in kids..
Anyway..I'll just cough along with my sandpapered lungs..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Found this..Still no test results yet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.makfax.com.mk...&NrSection=10

SHPO: Flu cases registered, but still no epidemic in Macedonia

Skopje /03/01/ 19:15

The competent authorities in Macedonia have registered cases of influenza, but not of epidemic scale, said Dragan Gjorgjev, the Head of the State Health Protection Office.

Type A virus is present, Gjorgjev told several media, specifying Kumanovo and Kriva Palanka as most severely affected areas in Macedonia.

He added that no epidemic could be declared, as the procedure for establishing the number of the infected is still under way. The reports of Makfax's correspondents, as well as of those of the other media, confirm that starting from the last several days of 2006 up to now, the healthcare facilities are brimming with patients showing influenza symptoms.

As many as some hundred of patients are examined during a single doctors' shift.

A 100 patients per doctors shift is not an epidemic..We must over react where I trained..And that is only one doctor

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From your source above:

...starting from the last several days of 2006 up to now, the healthcare facilities are brimming with patients showing influenza symptoms.

But it's not an epidemic.

Okay.

Maybe they're waiting for WHO confirmation of all the patients' diagnoses?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just caught your post 2 back.

You're right.

Lots of human flu A + lots of bird flu A = a very bad mix.

Where are you located - with your recurrent chest infection and hospital closures?

...and re Macedonia - just realized - they're waiting for deaths before they get too concerned. Maybe?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
From your source above:

...starting from the last several days of 2006 up to now, the healthcare facilities are brimming with patients showing influenza symptoms.

But it's not an epidemic.

Okay.

Maybe they're waiting for WHO confirmation of all the patients' diagnoses?

I will find out what I can about Macedonian disease reporting but don't hold out much hope..

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This strain has been typed and it is H3N2

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Influenza A H3N2

I'm sorry, but the site won't let me cut and paste a snippet.

But it's an interesting read.

sanc

new topics

top topics

join