It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUD Secretary Speaks Against Black Victimhood

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
That was awesome! Way to go FF!!!!!!!

You'll never get respect acting this way Truthseeka.....never.
Keep on keepin' on. LOL!

You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

And here we have the cheerleader.

I didn't ask for respect from ANYONE on this site. Whether they agree with me or not, I didn't ask ANY POSTER for their respect. This site ain't even all that anymore; after we reached a stalemate in the 9/11 forums (my former fav lurking place here), I stopped coming here until recently.

- On that note, I still think it's sad that, even on a so-called conspiracy site, we got basically nowhere with waking people up about the truth on 9/11. That was originally the ONLY reason I joined this site. Hell, that's where my tag came from; I was seeking the truth on 9/11. Ah, well. Wait...why the hell am I saying this in a response to the likes of you? Maybe it's because I don't have much else to do with your weak, lame comments.

Anyway, you need to change your pom-poms. You're shaking them so hard they're coming apart. I won't comment on your skirt...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
For example, there are clowns on here who support the slop-eating swine police pulling me over because I'm black.

Who?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I didn't ask for respect from ANYONE on this site. Whether they agree with me or not, I didn't ask ANY POSTER for their respect.....

I don't know.
Respect seems to be a recurring theme in these threads......
or is it just me???

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well throwing names around will definitely not get one respect, nor will it inspire confidence in ones intellect.

As for threatening to "Bitch Slap" someone and then say it was just in anger, well that is usually when someone uses physical violence against another. In particular when a man strikes a woman.

Not much respect going to happen there either. Good thing no one was after respect after all.

Semper

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Well throwing names around will definitely not get one respect, nor will it inspire confidence in ones intellect.

As for threatening to "Bitch Slap" someone and then say it was just in anger, well that is usually when someone uses physical violence against another. In particular when a man strikes a woman.

Not much respect going to happen there either. Good thing no one was after respect after all.

Semper

Ha.

Like I said, I don't need respect from anyone on this damn site. I have plenty respect from my peers, which you, rocknroll, and others on here are NOT.

Seems to me like y'all expected me to be sad that y'all don't respect me. Hmpf...so much for that, huh? I jus aw broke up bout not gettin dat respect from y'aws...

As for intellect...I don't need anyone to tell me the nature of my intellectual capacities. I am already quite aware of them.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For some, this message may be a repeat.

There was a program on CSPAN yesterday with the above title.

I was able to catch some of it last night and I was totally blown away with awe and respect for many of the people on that panel, including the woman asking the questions! It was a fantastic show!

I feel hopeful and happy again today after watching that. After feeling so down yesterday and questioning my feelings about being a "soldier of grace" and all that, I feel renewed and inspired.

Thanks to HarlemHottie for mentioning it.

I was particularly impressed by former Governor Wilder, Al Sharpton, Glenda Hatchett, Keith Ellison and Tim Reid. Less so with Jesse Jackson and Malika Saada Saar. But it was an inspiring, interesting, encouraging and hopeful look at the condition of black America and the direction of their future, in my opinion.

The messages that I found particularly touching were:

- that it's time for black people to stop asking and stop waiting for things to change. This is their country and they have a right to demand it be run for their interests. That's what we ALL do!
- that it's time for black youth to understand their people's history and respect and honor the suffering that their ancestors underwent for their freedom today and not to waste that effort. ("I took that beating for you")
- that it's time to (Tim Reid's words) pull up your pants and put on a belt and take responsibility for your choices.

I find it interesting that the message on that show was very similar to the message given by the HUD secretary, but was very well received by some members of the board, while the mistrust of the HUD secretary overshadowed his delivery of the message.

From the original post in this thread, the original source...

Until blacks "begin to focus in on the serious problems that we have in our communities, and begin to try to solve those problems in the most positive manner that we can, we're not helping ourselves," Jackson said.

I don't know if the State of the Black Union 2007 will be shown again, but as others here have mentioned, it is really great and I highly recommend it. The DVD can be purchased here.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join