It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having more than one account?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My Sock Puppet is just a tool I use, a ghost of anxietydisorder.
But it's not something I use to deceive other members.
Check the sock puppet's signature and the other clues I drop.
I even named the identity as a sock puppet.

I just hope I don't see a warn under my name today for coming clean. :shk:

[edit on 3/1/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I actually have 3 accounts. One at the Bank of Montreal, on at Scotiabank and one at .............. oh, ATS accounts.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
FlyersFan i thought you were a dude all this time

Everyone does. I guess I have a guyish name ... and add to that my army training brashness ... It has guy karma all over it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Its against the Terms and Conditions to have more than one account, and they will be found out and banned.

How could they find out if you used another computer, another ip, another e-mail account? (I don't have a second account just wondering)

And also.. your avatar should be "you shall not pass" --- yeah im a nerd.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
On a personal (non-staff) note, I think it's moronic. I've been a member of ATS for 4 years with the same username. Why? Because when I say something I want people to know it's me. I'm proud of my opinions and of the reputation I've built here. Making other names would make that impossible. A waste of time if you ask me...

Fair point. Personally I prefer to have each post stand on it's own merits... if it were up to me I'd remove usernames entirely and have automatically generated ones for each new thread, so a conversation can be followed, but personal "beefs" and prejudices are limited... but I totally see your point.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have 108 accounts. The whole of PTS is just me posting.

On a serious note. It's against the Term of the site. Mostly because people could use it to cause debates, to validate their own posts and to cause trouble. It's a pretty good call.

Odium

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I remember a few months ago that my account was flubbed. My password had changed somehow and for a day or two I was unable to log on. Fortunately I had an email address to a staff member who resolved the issue for me. I thought of creating a second account during this little event, to prevent it in the future.

I would of never posted with it, just logged on with it to submit a Complaint to make the staff aware of any issue.

I decided against it and never really thought of it again until reading this thread.

Other then that, not really sure why anyone would want a second member name.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
To tell the truth i had an other account at the past.
If i remember well, it was; Great Conspirator Hunder

It was sometime/years ago when i had no critical thinking, was younger and usually i was posting silly things so i decided to creat a new one.

To make a new beginning, in order to cope with more logical views, cope with science e.t.c.

This new account represents a mature (at least a more mature) personality and is similar to my nickname everyone knows me at University :p

By the way, i do not need GreatConspiratorHunder

Thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
From the ATS Terms & Conditions

2c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself".

I couldn't agree more with the first part of the terms... but surely it's everyone’s right to talk to themselves?? Isn't that right NeoN?

Yes it is Haze...

Schizo man

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
How could they find out if you used another computer, another ip, another e-mail account? (I don't have a second account just wondering)

People give themselves away by how they type and behave, banned members always give themselves away, generally by following the path that got them banned in the first place.

He says both in the film, not sure about the book.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Is it okay if we refer to the people posting in the new "Anonymous" forum as no-accounts?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, I'm confident there ARE multiple-account users and I'm reasonably confident they will continue to multiple-post -- under their various IDs -- (to bully, discredit, dominate, etc) --- in topics in which they have a particular agenda.

It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Perhaps there are somes, who have two accounts, one for giving scientific evidences and an other to say more humoristic things. This two things are not to be confused. The result would be to decline the respect towards guys with many posts, gravity, etc

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
Perhaps there are somes, who have two accounts, one for giving scientific evidences and an other to say more humoristic things. This two things are not to be confused. The result would be to decline the respect towards guys with many posts, gravity, etc

Gosh... I do hope that wasn’t aimed at me...

Scientist can have a sense of humour too, you know?

all the best,

NeoN HaZe

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There was one thread where a member posted a picture of a 'UFO' and kept saying it was real, then apparently created another account and debunked it by proving it was a picture of a Mobile phone's keypad.

Yes, they got banned, by Majic no less.

Originally posted by UK Wizard

He says both in the film, not sure about the book.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by UK Wizard]

He says "you cannot pass" first in the film, then "you shall not pass" as he destroys the bridge. I watched those films too much too.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Dragonlike

Gosh... I do hope that wasn’t aimed at me...

Scientist can have a sense of humour too, you know?

all the best,

NeoN HaZe

I hadn't you in mind, sorry if i gave such an impression
you know, there are scientists with humour (e.g. my teacher)
and others who address a severe/scientific profile in class, but when the cross the class doorstep they change into an other character
That's what i was thinking

all the best to you
&
peace,

Dragonlike

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

He says "you cannot pass" first in the film, then "you shall not pass" as he destroys the bridge. I watched those films too much too.

And he ends just before he fell into the abyss, ''run away fools''.
an epic end of a wizard

top topics

<< 1   >>

join