It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Peacekeepers Raping Children - Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I'm sure the PRC would happily take up the US's position as the largst super power in the UN , along with the politcal presdige that comes with it. If you wish to leave then leave, the doors there....but then again its only been a hamper to US foriegn policy since the begining..I mean who says the US cant execute a leader?
I mean who are THEY to say the US cant use military force to get whatever we want?

Is that the kinda attitude you get when listening to the "rules" the UN makes up.....

There we go! Thats exactly what I want. If we're such an evil world ruling empire its high damn time we start acting like it! Cluster bombs for everyone!

# or get off the pot I always say.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm sure the PRC would happily take up the US's position as the largst super power in the UN , along with the politcal presdige that comes with it. If you wish to leave then leave, the doors there....but then again its only been a hamper to US foriegn policy since the begining..I mean who says the US cant execute a leader?
I mean who are THEY to say the US cant use military force to get whatever we want?

Is that the kinda attitude you get when listening to the "rules" the UN makes up.....

Technically, the only way you can leave the UN is via expulsion. They learnt their lessons from the League of Nations when everyone just left when they didn't get their own way.

Funny how some US posters now hate the UN because they haven't been getting their own way. Like spoilt kids sometimes...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

There we go! Thats exactly what I want. If we're such an evil world ruling empire its high damn time we start acting like it! Cluster bombs for everyone!

# or get off the pot I always say.

Cluster bombs or pot?? Pot please..You are very generous!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Technically, the only way you can leave the UN is via expulsion. They learnt their lessons from the League of Nations when everyone just left when they didn't get their own way.

Funny how some US posters now hate the UN because they haven't been getting their own way. Like spoilt kids sometimes...

Wait. Thats beyond stupid. So the UN says expulsion is the only way out, right?
Well, whats the consequece of jumping ship?
They send a bunch of blue helmets into America to rape our children?

Unless theres some clear consequence to an action theres nothing stopping anyone from leaving just alot of red tape nonsense.

Say we wake up tomorrow and some nation, whoever, just decides to lay watse to several small countries. Wheres the consequence? Where was the consequence when Saddam gassed the Kurds (I know the US defended him but it just proves my point) where was the consequence for the Rwandan genocide, Pol Pots, Darfur, any other crazy dictator.

What, if anything, does a UN resolution mean? Theres always a back door around sanctions. Its like having a big mother wag a shamful finger at you. So what?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hey, I didn't make the rules! But expulsion is the only way out. The consequences of just not taking part are exactly that. The Soviets boycotted the UN for many years. What happened was that the US, france and the Uk could get things done without them vetoing resolutions all the time. The UN worked better back then!

As for consequences for "gassing >insert rebel group here

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by jsobecky
Wrong. These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the UN. They in effect ARE the UN. The UN would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

So, when dealing with US soldiers raping and burning families:

These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the US. They in effect ARE the US. The US would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

Is that fair?

I got a solution for that. Cut them off of the U.S. money and end our involvement with them once and for all. U.S. out of U.N.. We could charge them offensive rent for their use of the U.N. building or sell it off to Trump and let him make some condos.

You do realise that what you said has nothing to with what he said, right?

You entirely and completely missed the point.

If we bail out then we cant get blamed for anything they do and we cant get the credit for anything they do.

Thats exactly on the point of what he said.

Ahhhhh but you will be seen as defectors and cowards..Can't cope with debts or the heat!!

Wait, I thought everyone wants us to be defectors and cowards? Running from Iraq and all.

Hell, if it would reduce my tax burden Id stop dealing with any foreign country, pull our money out of everywhere and build a big 'ol wall.
Kill all the U.S. foreign aid and let Maliki rebuild his own country. Hes the President. If Iran rolls in and takes over so be it.

Screw the name calling. Coward and defector. So what? Havent you learned sticks and stones yet?

Tut, tut! Quite a temper there..Play nice!
Anyway in the long run foreign aid makes you money! So you are cutting off your nose despite your face again..Why should Maliki build his own country? You and your allies destroyed it and think of the money Halliburton will be providing to the US economy when they rebuild!
Iran rolling in would be great for the US because they want them anyway and their oil..

Holy crap!!

This is a huge tangent that has nothing to do with what was originally said. Way to miss the point.

Thank you Stumason for trying to clear it up, but obviously with litle success.

The truth is that there is a huge double standard when it comes to the blind following of the US government. I thought I'd point it out, and have yet to receive a response from jsobecky. I take that as a quiet acknowledgement of this double standard.

thx

RO420

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
RO420..Tangents are inevitable in life and discussions. Life is various shades of grey!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hence the other threads on various topics. This topic is dealing with the rape of civilians by soldiers. Specifically UN soldiers, but the US can be brought in just as easily.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hence the other threads on various topics. This topic is dealing with the rape of civilians by soldiers. Specifically UN soldiers, but the US can be brought in just as easily.

Hence why it went off on a tangent....I was angry when it wandered off on how crap the UN was..Rather addressing the issue at hand but how the UN works and reporting hierarchies is important I have realised..
I think it was actually americans who brought America into this debate, with their superior attitude. I maybe wrong but if memory serves me........

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think we're on the same side of the issue here Murph, but it was an American who satarted the thread, primarily americans who've posted in it, and an American who you are talking to.

I don't know where the smug attitude came in.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Wrong. These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the UN. They in effect ARE the UN. The UN would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

So, when dealing with US soldiers raping and burning families:

These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the US. They in effect ARE the US. The US would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

Is that fair?

Yes, the US is ultimately responsible. And they have taken responsibility; the soldiers responsible have been court martialled and are now in prison. And we have had congressional hearings to discuss these issues also.

This is what is lacking in the UN - accountability.

Is it fair? Yes it is. The officers took on the responsibility when they took the oath.

Ok, then we can come to an agreement here. If what you say above is what you believe, then you must also believe that the soldiers in Iraq doing what they do ARE the US and as such the US must take responsibility for their failures.

So far, the US has not. They claim those people acted without authority, out of the chain of command, where rogue etc etc >insert lame excuse here

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

*smacks head against monitor repeatedly*
I have members of my family in the peacekeepers..They report to their own..
They are accountable to their own regiments!!

Yes, the soldiers do report to their immediate superiors, but the superiors are not in charge of the entire peacekeeping force. They are only a part of it, and are ultimately subordinate to the top of the command chain, i.e., the UN.

The military world-wide has this "all boys together" attitude. That needs to be broken..

I think this does a lot to explain your stand...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think we're on the same side of the issue here Murph, but it was an American who satarted the thread, primarily americans who've posted in it, and an American who you are talking to.

I know but can't remember username..Will go look and report back when I have done something here..Don't worry..I don't have any hierarchial problems..I will report directly to you..

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
well, the military mindset does leave a soldier a bit more open to the possibility of becoming a rapist

there is a hyper-masculinity element that's the typical cause of rape by the military

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It was THGRH and the airplane below..Saying that the US should just walk out of the UN..It was pointed out they can't and why..Reasonable responses and explanations at the time..Digressed from there, actually got silly from there..So I talked to the cat instead..!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

*smacks head against monitor repeatedly*
I have members of my family in the peacekeepers..They report to their own..
They are accountable to their own regiments!!

Yes, the soldiers do report to their immediate superiors, but the superiors are not in charge of the entire peacekeeping force. They are only a part of it, and are ultimately subordinate to the top of the command chain, i.e., the UN.

OK..I'll take your stand..Should the messenger be shot?? In this case Kofi Annan! If it was British troops, TB(No actually it might be the Queen)..If it was the Irish..Bertie Ahern, No actually Mary McAleese.??
Should these successful Governments be pulled down and devolved or should the a facility be available for anonymous reporting of such events as rape and paedophilia..That is what the UN ineffectually is an international governing

The military world-wide has this "all boys together" attitude. That needs to be broken..

I think this does a lot to explain your stand...
Yes it does..I have worked within the, military, police and penal systems of 2 countries.
I have family members in the military of 3 countries..Including the US..I know exactly what goes on. Covering for each other..I don't know if you have experience but if you do you know how touts are treated in the military...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, the military mindset does leave a soldier a bit more open to the possibility of becoming a rapist

there is a hyper-masculinity element that's the typical cause of rape by the military

Thank you, that is the point I was trying to get across but not so eloquently

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So what you are saying with your last post and this statement, that soldiers are human..Yes!
Therefore any human male has the right to go out and rape anyone he chooses if he hasn't had a wee bit in a few months?--Yes?
and because he is human it is OK, we are allowed to make mistakes?--yes?

OK!!

No, not at all! I'm saying that this happens a lot more than people think. Just because some UN soldiers did it doesnt mean the UN is the only one that does it, soldiers get put through hell just to reach the levels they need to fight. For some it screws you up and makes you worse or into an evil person, I think it would be better to know WHY it happens than to point blame at someone.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So what you are saying with your last post and this statement, that soldiers are human..Yes!
Therefore any human male has the right to go out and rape anyone he chooses if he hasn't had a wee bit in a few months?--Yes?
and because he is human it is OK, we are allowed to make mistakes?--yes?

OK!!

No, not at all! I'm saying that this happens a lot more than people think. Just because some UN soldiers did it doesnt mean the UN is the only one that does it, soldiers get put through hell just to reach the levels they need to fight. For some it screws you up and makes you worse or into an evil person, I think it would be better to know WHY it happens than to point blame at someone.

Fine but you are still justify the actions. By saying the levels they need to fight screws them up..That is justiying rape and paedophilia.
If they can't control their actions they need help and Bromide should be given.
If I worked across the desk from you and repeatedly stuck a pen in your eye..Over and over! You would demand some action. The line manager was informed. I claimed it was the stress of work. He sent me to Occupational health..They gave me drugs to help me and counselling..
Is my situation any different? You would think great they have doped her up so she will stop injuring me, giving me psychological trauma..When all I am doing is passing the day to provide an existance for my family!
Justified?? Yes?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Fine but you are still justify the actions. By saying the levels they need to fight screws them up..That is justiying rape and paedophilia.
If they can't control their actions they need help and Bromide should be given.

Justify it? No , is it part of the problem? Yes, identifying the cause is diffrent from excusing them.

If I worked across the desk from you and repeatedly stuck a pen in your eye..Over and over! You would demand some action. The line manager was informed. I claimed it was the stress of work. He sent me to Occupational health..They gave me drugs to help me and counselling..
Is my situation any different? You would think great they have doped her up so she will stop injuring me, giving me psychological trauma..When all I am doing is passing the day to provide an existance for my family!
Justified?? Yes?

....Like I said if you hadnt gone off on the high horse, I do not condone nor does anything excuse rape. Rape is wrong no matter what reason and no matter what the situation, anything that hurts a women or even a child for that matter is WRONG.

I'm just trying to point out that the troopers involved should be punished not the UN , the UN has had its image tarnished AGAIN so it must live with the black spot so that should be fitting enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join