It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Peacekeepers Raping Children - Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Typical FlyersFan "Anti-UN" tripe.

What FF seems to ignore, when convenient, is that UN forces are made up, primarily, of developing countries forces. Bangladesh is one of the lead providers of troops, in fact. They are not the same professional calibre as some of our Armed Forces. Mostly, they are illiterate, poorly trained conscripts.

This isn't a UN problem, in that, it isn't the UN causing it.

It is to do with the troops and the countries of origin. These are horrible crimes, granted, but nothing that has stemmed from the UN.

Wrong. These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the UN. They in effect ARE the UN. The UN would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

What FF seems to ignore, when convenient, is that UN forces are made up, primarily, of developing countries forces. Bangladesh is one of the lead providers of troops, in fact. They are not the same professional calibre as some of our Armed Forces. Mostly, they are illiterate, poorly trained conscripts.

Oh I get it! Its the fault of poor minority animals from 3rd world countries!
They cant help but rape. They lack the sophisticated breeding of white folk.

Why not hold the employer responsable? Until they take a zero tolerance position theyre just enabling it. Like during WWI and WWII if anyone gets caught raping, robing or stealing they should just be hanged.

Same goes for our (U.S.) troop. Think of how different all this Abu Ghrab crap would have turned out if we simply grabed the offending parties and hung them right there in the prison.

These troops regardless of how poor they are or how black their skin may be still represent the greater nation and should be considered as ambassadors. Unless the nation wants to be represented as mindless thugs who rape and steal they should be dealt with absolutely and terminally to be examples for the rest of the troops and the rest of the nations to follw.

No, don't hold the employer responsible...That is what is wrong with the western world..No-one takes any personal responsibility or accountability.
anymore.
It was my upbringing, it was my teacher, if my employer hadn't off done XYZ, I wouldn't have done AB or C..
Everyone take some personal responsibility for once and stop blaming others!
These women and children have to live with this sexual, psychological and physical violation for the rest of their lives..! They have to deal with it, let the rapists!
There is alot of fear in and off the military particularly in regions like Sudan but within the world in general..People seem unable to open their mouths..It is time they did and identify the offenders..
Collegues are going to have to tout on collegues..It could be sons wife, mother, sister or daughter..

Sorry "Murps" if thought Id ever take personal responsability off the table. Nobody mad a rapist rape. Did you read my whole post?

"Why not hold the employer responsable? Until they take a zero tolerance position theyre just enabling it. Like during WWI and WWII if anyone gets caught raping, robing or stealing they should just be hanged."

It would be like not firing a bad employee even though you knew he was worthless then having the account complain about the shddy work YOUR employee is doing. He shouldve been fired. Just like these rapists should be hanged.

Sorry if you think thats making excuses and passing the blame like some liberal would do.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Why not hold the employer responsable? Until they take a zero tolerance position theyre just enabling it. Like during WWI and WWII if anyone gets caught raping, robing or stealing they should just be hanged.

Same goes for our (U.S.) troop. Think of how different all this Abu Ghrab crap would have turned out if we simply grabed the offending parties and hung them right there in the prison.

These troops regardless of how poor they are or how black their skin may be still represent the greater nation and should be considered as ambassadors. Unless the nation wants to be represented as mindless thugs who rape and steal they should be dealt with absolutely and terminally to be examples for the rest of the troops and the rest of the nations to follw.

No, don't hold the employer responsible...That is what is wrong with the western world..No-one takes any personal responsibility or accountability.
anymore.
It was my upbringing, it was my teacher, if my employer hadn't off done XYZ, I wouldn't have done AB or C..
Everyone take some personal responsibility for once and stop blaming others!
These women and children have to live with this sexual, psychological and physical violation for the rest of their lives..! They have to deal with it, let the rapists!
There is alot of fear in and off the military particularly in regions like Sudan but within the world in general..People seem unable to open their mouths..It is time they did and identify the offenders..
Collegues are going to have to tout on collegues..It could be sons wife, mother, sister or daughter..

Sorry "Murps" if thought Id ever take personal responsability off the table. Nobody mad a rapist rape. Did you read my whole post?

"Why not hold the employer responsable? Until they take a zero tolerance position theyre just enabling it. Like during WWI and WWII if anyone gets caught raping, robing or stealing they should just be hanged."

It would be like not firing a bad employee even though you knew he was worthless then having the account complain about the shddy work YOUR employee is doing. He shouldve been fired. Just like these rapists should be hanged.

Sorry if you think thats making excuses and passing the blame like some liberal would do.

Well I am a tree hugging very left liberal...Easy to make judgements I suppose..
That is why I hate anyone being violated or liberties taken.
I don't think an employer should be involved it makes it far to legally messy to prosecute. What should happen and under the umbrella of the UN is that it is made easier for victims and/or collegues to report the rapist.
The military world-wide has this "all boys together" attitude. That needs to be broken..
Just because they protect us (allegedly) doesn't mean they own us and are a superior, unaccountable race..
They don't go on tour alone! Someone knows who the rapists are!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Wrong. These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the UN. They in effect ARE the UN. The UN would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

So, when dealing with US soldiers raping and burning families:

These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the US. They in effect ARE the US. The US would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

Is that fair?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Typical FlyersFan "Anti-UN" tripe.

This isn't a UN problem, in that, it isn't the UN causing it.

It is to do with the troops and the countries of origin. These are horrible crimes, granted, but nothing that has stemmed from the UN.

*smacks head against monitor repeatedly*
I have members of my family in the peacekeepers..They report to their own..
They are accountable to their own regiments!!
What issue have you with the UN???????? Oh and by the way..If any of them were found to be rapists or paedophiles..I would swiftly remove their genitalia with a blunt knife..

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

These peacekeepers operate under the auspices of a command structure created by the US. They in effect ARE the US. The US would be only too happy to grab credit for any of their successes; they must also accept responsibility for their failures.

Is that fair?

I got a solution for that. Cut them off of the U.S. money and end our involvement with them once and for all. U.S. out of U.N.. We could charge them offensive rent for their use of the U.N. building or sell it off to Trump and let him make some condos.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I didn't say that, so try and turn this into a race issue when I didn't intend that. But it is a fact that many WILL be illiterate, poorly educated conscripts.

Not entirely sure what robing is. Is it the opposite to de-robing? Anyhoo, just messing

In WW1 you could get shot for dropping your rifle, silly bloody rules. Yes, the UN should (and have done) taken responsibility and punished those that have been found to be guilty. It has to be said though that what form the punishments took is unknown to me. I would imagine they would be subject to a court martial by their own nation, same as any other soldier.

Indeed. Which is what irks me about FF position here.

The UN is evil, she screams, they rape children!!

But the US is innocent at Abhu Graib, that was the soldiers fault.....

Hypocrasy spewing forth.

I didn't intend for what I said to be taken as racist. Anyone who knows me on this board knows that I just say it as it is.

There are always stories out of Africa with regards to how their soldiers behave. Civilians killed, raped or totured, villages burnt etc etc.

This is unfortunate that they have done this whilst under the UN flag, but hardly new behaviour.

Ok, then we can come to an agreement here. If what you say above is what you believe, then you must also believe that the soldiers in Iraq doing what they do ARE the US and as such the US must take responsibility for their failures.

So far, the US has not. They claim those people acted without authority, out of the chain of command, where rogue etc etc >insert lame excuse here

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Is that fair?

I got a solution for that. Cut them off of the U.S. money and end our involvement with them once and for all. U.S. out of U.N.. We could charge them offensive rent for their use of the U.N. building or sell it off to Trump and let him make some condos.

Have a wee look, honey..You actually owe them a small fortune!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Okay, www.globalpolicy.org...
so welch on our debt and get out of the U.N.. Whats the difference?
Wash our hands of them.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Wash our hands of them.

My 7 year old would get told off for that playground attitude!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Wash our hands of them.

And hell, why should you walk away?? That money would feed a few developing countries..
Hand it over and then toodle pip!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Is that fair?

You do realise that what you said has nothing to with what he said, right?

You entirely and completely missed the point.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Is that fair?

If we bail out then we cant get blamed for anything they do and we cant get the credit for anything they do.

Thats exactly on the point of what he said.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Is that fair?

If we bail out then we cant get blamed for anything they do and we cant get the credit for anything they do.

Ahhhhh but you will be seen as defectors and cowards..Can't cope with debts or the heat!!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No, he was talking to jsobecky, I believe in response to his/her statement about them being under the Un command structure so therefore the Un is to blame.

His response was that, ok, if thats true, then the same can be applied to US soldiers burning, raping and being generally unpleasant in Iraq. Ergo, the US is responsible for the soldiers actions and not the soldiers themselves.

Naff all to do with whatever your banging on about. Easy to read chap, suggest you go back and try again.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Is that fair?

Ahhhhh but you will be seen as defectors and cowards..Can't cope with debts or the heat!!

Wait, I thought everyone wants us to be defectors and cowards? Running from Iraq and all.

Hell, if it would reduce my tax burden Id stop dealing with any foreign country, pull our money out of everywhere and build a big 'ol wall.
Kill all the U.S. foreign aid and let Maliki rebuild his own country. Hes the President. If Iran rolls in and takes over so be it.

Screw the name calling. Coward and defector. So what? Havent you learned sticks and stones yet?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Is that fair?

Wait, I thought everyone wants us to be defectors and cowards? Running from Iraq and all.

Hell, if it would reduce my tax burden Id stop dealing with any foreign country, pull our money out of everywhere and build a big 'ol wall.
Kill all the U.S. foreign aid and let Maliki rebuild his own country. Hes the President. If Iran rolls in and takes over so be it.

Screw the name calling. Coward and defector. So what? Havent you learned sticks and stones yet?

Tut, tut! Quite a temper there..Play nice!
Anyway in the long run foreign aid makes you money! So you are cutting off your nose despite your face again..Why should Maliki build his own country? You and your allies destroyed it and think of the money Halliburton will be providing to the US economy when they rebuild!
Iran rolling in would be great for the US because they want them anyway and their oil..

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What's that supposed to mean? "Oh, there have been cases of US soldiers raping, so we'll just overlook this". Is that what we should think?

Whats it supposed to mean? Its supposed to mean you shouldnt have double standards, but ofcourse this is the US of A..
I think those who done this should be punished but to punish the group as a whole because of the actions of a few is wrong.

You don't excuse bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. Most of us learned that when we were children.

And how can you defend these atrocities, esp. on such a grand scale?

Whos exscusing anything, I'm merely pointing out this is not some grand isolated incident, soldiers do this! Sorry but soldiers are humans too, I know its difficult to believe sometimes when you see what they have to do but they are still human and can make mistakes and can do bad things. Is it wrong? Yes! Should we punish those guilty? YES Should we punish the entire orginisation because of a few? No! It would be stupid and pointless exercise apart from adding fuel to the ANTI UN fires, or is that the reason for the thread...

Not the questions you are asking, they don't. Why don't you ask for the reasons this mass raping has been allowed to go on for so long, with nothing being done about it? Instead, you just turn it into another tired old USA bashing thread.

Mabye you should notice I stated BOTH UK and US soldiers, so firstly get your facts right before you start with me.
Secondly I am not excusing mass murder or rapings so dont try that old arguement, I am merely saying that this is not isolated to the UN.
Thirdly, if I wanted to start a US bashing thread mabye I'd start listing UK blue on blue incidents or mabye even hill 282 but then again its not like anyones keeping count of the skeletons.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I'm sure the PRC would happily take up the US's position as the largst super power in the UN , along with the politcal presdige that comes with it. If you wish to leave then leave, the doors there....but then again its only been a hamper to US foriegn policy since the begining..I mean who says the US cant execute a leader?
I mean who are THEY to say the US cant use military force to get whatever we want?

Is that the kinda attitude you get when listening to the "rules" the UN makes up.....

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Whos exscusing anything, I'm merely pointing out this is not some grand isolated incident, soldiers do this! Sorry but soldiers are humans too, I know its difficult to believe sometimes when you see what they have to do but they are still human and can make mistakes and can do bad things.

So what you are saying with your last post and this statement, that soldiers are human..Yes!
Therefore any human male has the right to go out and rape anyone he chooses if he hasn't had a wee bit in a few months?--Yes?
and because he is human it is OK, we are allowed to make mistakes?--yes?

OK!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join