It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts and nuclear bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I've always been curious if Nagasaki or Hiroshima might be haunted on a city-wide basis. Does anyone here know?

I've not heard of anything about hauntings in either city, but then again, I neither live in Japan nor read Japanese (err, Kanji).

Maybe the nuclear blasts were so powerful that even the ghosts were destroyed? If there is any form of an afterlife, it's a bit of a scary thought that something, anything could possibly destroy that.

Of course, I'm skeptical of any sort of afterlife, but I wonder if anyone around here has read any paranormal literature on either Nagasaki or Hiroshima.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My husband was in Hiroshima a little over a year ago. If there are ghost sightings, the Japanese have kept it to their selves. They are kind of sensitive about their dead. I don't think that a ghost sighting would be unnerving to them.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was stationed in Japan for three years. I went TDY down to Hiroshima for a week. Being into the supernatural and having grown up in a haunted house, I too was very curious about spooks from the bomb blast time period.

I felt nothing. I saw no stories about it and I heard no stories.

I worked with Japanese people for the three years I was there and some of them believed in ghosts. But they hadn't heard any stories of Hiroshima either.

This is the shadowlands site with a hiroshima listing -
www.theshadowlands.net...

It also lists Sagami Depot (Kanagawa Prefecture). That is where I lived. There were LOTS of ghosts at Camp Zama (where I was stationed). I worked in the main Chapel and it was JUMPING with them. Seriously.

[edit on 1/3/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Interesting thought.

If ghosts / spirits do exist and usually do so at a non physical level then perhaps the quantum disruption of a nuclear blast can have an effect.

Although the apparent lack of witnessed events may be cultural. The believers in the west may have their minds adapted or corrupted into the belief of their exstence. A kind of positive reinforcement. Either creating the reality or the conditions for the perception of it. Who knows?

top topics

join