It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PR campaign to rid of us cash money

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

For all intents and purposes, cash (at least in the UK) is merely a "cheque" or promise from the Bank of England to pay the bearer that sum in Gold, on demand. Anyone can go down to the BoE and claim their gold with their cash.

That's how it used to be, but not any more. Almost no countries have fully-backed currencies any more. The concept is that not everyone would take out all their money on the time, so they only need to have a partial supply on hand to back it up. The banking system has only about half of what everyone has, and some countries have no gold backing their currency at all any more.

What does this mean? If everyone went to the bank at once to withdraw their money, only half of them would actually get it. A little-known fact that you probably don't know... the government has the right to make it illegal for you to withdraw money until the economy stabilizes again.

Also, if everyone suddenly refused to accept money, it would become worthless and all you would be left with is paper (or worse, just a digital number).

Do a Google search on the evolution of money, and you will be quite frightened as to how fragile it really is.

Really, the only thing completely safe are physical objects that you can trade and actually use, like food, tools, and ammunition.

Oh, and another thing about that commercial. When you make a credit card purchase, the bank knows about it. They know everything you have bought and have a record of it... they know what you buy and what you like. They sell this information to other companies.
See... cash is untraceable. You can buy whatever you want, and nobody knows (except for the security cameras).
Also, a number on your bank card that represents your life savings can be easily wiped out. Cash, or better yet, gold, can be guarded in a safe in your house.
Do you understand why they want to get rid of it so bad now?

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by stumason

I guarantee that you will get your Gold in the UK and we are not "banned" from having it like you Yanks.

We aren't banned from having gold. We just can't buy bars/kilos of gold. But I could go out and buy gold right now if I wanted. Which I just did recently.

I never said you were, the OP did. Hence, I used quote marks around the word...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There is no more restrictions on the private ownership of gold in the U.S. anymore and there hasn't been in decades. You can buy it in coins, nuggets, bars, teeth or whatever hell shape and quantity you want to.

<< 1  2   >>

join