It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those who believe in Nostradamus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was watching a television program about Nostradamus. As everyone knows, there is a great deal of controversy as to whether he truly predicted events like Napoleon's rise to power, World War II, Kennedy's assasination, etc. One of the skeptics on the program, said that Nostradamus' followers are wrong because they only point to Nostradamus prophecies after the events occur. My question for the Nostradamus believers here is could they describe events that Nostradamus predicted that *will* happen in the near future?

I will give the Nostradamus followers the benefit of the doubt in that Nostradamus' predictions were ambiguous because he was describing technologies, social institutions, people and attitudes that were difficult for someone in his time to understand. But surely someone can post something to the effect of "Nostradamus says a war will break out somewhere in Western Europe in 2012" or "Nostradamus says an important leader in the Far East will be assasinated in 2009" or something along those lines.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Out of all the so called Seer's down through history I still personally think Malachi was the most accurate.

As for Nostradamus his quatrains are very vague IMO and the whole Anti Christ thing is twisted by his converts, but simply put Napualon Roy is meant literally French King - Napolean was an Emporer. The Hister thing can be best judged as the Hister river which was an old name for a Danube tributary. So the Mabus named as the 3rd AntiChrist can be taken how you please.

I personally think he accessed the Akashic Records through an alchemical induced trance and misconstrued what he saw. I have personally OBE'd into this Museum of Knoweledge but was kicked out for being not mature enough to absorb the imagery.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Prediction of 911.....

Something along the lines of

"two twin brothers will fall and the sky will burn at 45 degrees".

I think Newyork is some where in the vicinity of 45 degrees long/lat on the earths surface isn't it?

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Apparently Nostradamus is an illuminati bloodline. So he didnt predict anything really.... its all been laid out ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You have to remember what we are translating as Nostradamus's predictions are actually people's interpretation of his predictions, what he wrote down is often in code and in different languages so we can easily be seeing something that isn't even there.

The prophecies can be translated in different ways depending on the research of the translator, and are only linked after the event has happened, not enough hard facts for me to believe the predictions are true.

Originally posted by hikix
Apparently Nostradamus is an illuminati bloodline. So he didnt predict anything really.... its all been laid out ahead of time.

The Illuminati were founded in 1776 where as Nostradamus died in 1566, am I missing something here?

Wikipedia: Nostradamus

Tinwiki: Illuminati

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The Illuminati were founded in 1776 where as Nostradamus died in 1566, am I missing something here?

Yes. the fact that the Illuminati could indeed be ALOT older, may have gone under defferent names etc.

they also say that Christopher Columbus and L. Davinci was part of the brother hood as well.

in fact, i think ANYONE whose had a impact on our history is said to be part of the brother hood

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Prediction of 911.....

"two twin brothers will fall and the sky will burn at 45 degrees".

Well, this was not written by Nostradamus, it is only imaginative revision of an actual verse by Nostradamus. Actual verse is translated as:

At forty-five degrees the sky will burn,
Fire to approach the great new city:
In an instant a great scattered flame will leap up,
When one will want to demand proof of the Normans.

Century VI, Quatrin 97

Here is an example of Nostradamus-9/11 hoaxes:

In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
Two twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning

Here is an interesting FAQ about such hoaxes.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Duby78]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join