It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I DONT GET IT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
if the majority of people on this board beleive the world to be pretty damned corrupt and people even those of higher stature in society to have shady morals then why is it that;

so few alternative stories, "theory's" that differ from the gov't/whoevers "official" story get much credibility.

is it because of social conditioning and not to go against poplular thought is it because people will not like to admit to that they themselves have been fooled or because people sense fear having to change there beleif systems ...reminds me of the line in the cheryl crow song " lie to me... i promise i'll beleive lie to me, kinda of like we beleive what we would LIKE to beleive

or is it becaue people have enough # going on in there lives or they DONT CARE or alot of the above

wouldn't u think in a world deemed so currupt and greedy and money driven people would give a little more credence or more alternataive theory's that differed from the official gov't story "conspiracy" theorys would have gained more POPULAR THOUGHT WTF

[edit on 2-1-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In this day and age, it doesn't matter how possible or plausible a theory sounds... as soon as it is labeled a 'conspiracy theory' a person's mind automatically categorizes it as a work of fiction or vivid imaginations.

I've been labeled as many derogatory things just for being a member of websites like this...

The general populous are just happy in their comfort zone and will both consciously and subconsciously do all they can to stay there.

To sum it up: Ignorance is Bliss.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
well i know the general population is like that but u would think on a place like this there would be more acceptance for alternative theories that differ from the gov't / whoever's official story

but then again alot of people are naive , mostly ignorant when it comes to the working of the mind and are not aware the POWER THAT WORDS have on attitude's and especially the way the mind compartmentalizes things and how beleifs can be strenghtned simply by association, it is scary to realilze this. mostly because this is not taught in school for those reading this clueless i would google ken ward's mind mastery and NLP.

the true fact is that changing beleif systems is work and some people do not like the work or the vulnerability of doing so, unless THEY ARE PUSHED/HAVE TO DO SO i wouldn't call this lazyness just Human Nature

ignorance truly is bliss, any most people throw around the term deny ignorance like a frisbee without realizing why would u deny something that can be so blissful, u wouldn't, UNLESS the pain/unacceptability of not changing can be leverged high enough to outweigh the pleasure you have living in the status quo. but forget this nonsense as it will be lost/ or cared less about by most, just read my initial post on this thread and ask yourself's why

i don't expect to single handidly cause a mass change in public opinion, besides i am nothing too special myself, but if i can be someone who helps a handful of others plant new seeds of thought in there minds, and get more leverage to create the will to give themselves the *option* to think in a better way, in regard to a few things, then i will be happy, and naturally others who may get a benefit from these modifications will encourage others to so, which is also a trait of human nature

new topics

join