It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Scrutiny on the Roadways?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I see a lot of posts being placed on ATS that debate the logistics, legality, or the rightfulness of many bills that have been placed into law, but I don't see too many people discussing executive orders.

Executive Orders, IMO, are worse than the Bills signed into law for several reasons. Here's just a few.

1) EO's are "grants of power" beyond the Constitution. The Constitution has set forth specific powers granted to each of the 3 branches of the United States Government.

2) EO's are actually bypassing the Constitution. The Constitution has set forth the means for enacting laws, or rules that we live by.

3) EO's are just as "strong" as actual laws, without the "representation" of the States people (the general populous).

December 5, 2006, President Bush signed into effect Executive Order 13416. This order is titled: Strengthening Surface Transportation Security

Section 1. Policy. The security of our Nation's surface transportation systems is a national priority, vital to our economy, and essential to the security of our Nation. Federal, State, local, and tribal governments, the private sector, and the public share responsibility for the security of surface transportation. It is the policy of the United States to protect the people, property, and territory of the United States by facilitating the implementation of a comprehensive, coordinated, and efficient security program to protect surface transportation systems within and adjacent to the United States against terrorist attacks.
source

This executive order has 1)just been implemented, 2) and has a minimum of 90 days to begin action, or take steps to ensure the safety of our "surface transportation" systems.

Through this order, there is nothing set in stone "yet" as of what steps shall be taken, however, under the guise of National Security, where do you think they will go with this?

I foresee more CCTV's being used on more public and mainstream roadways, more checkpoints, more scrutinizing the general populous in order to get licenses (as if the Real ID isn't going there, too), and many many more issues that will basically strip us of our Constitutional Rights in more ways than they have already done.

People already feel their 4th Amendment Right (search and seizure) has been, or will be violated by the use of the CCTV's on public streets... just wait and see what comes of this.

Check out all the Executive Orders here: www.fas.org...

Also, keep an eye open for what takes place with this current Executive Order. All the Secretary of Homeland Security has to do is tell the President, "We need to have 1 police officer per vehicle on the road to make us safe." and that would be it.

Sorry if I come off as a doomsday sayer, but with every other step the U.S. Government has taken to stifle the American citizens' rights, who's to say what they'll come up with next.

Remember, together we stand strong... divided they will conquer us all.

[edit on 1/2/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
nice post you get my vote

join