It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst tank

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What modern tank do you guys think are the worst in the world? Only post about tanks that were designed from the 1980's to now (just so we wont compare them from different time periods).

I think the worst modern tank is n.korea's M-2002, I don't know much about it other then its n.korean made (and thats good enough for me).

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by gooking]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
id say anything french or north korean.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Anything made in 1950's russia, you all know my distrust/contempt for Stalin era steel and machinery.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i really dont like the s.koren hyundai...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Anything made in 1950's russia, you all know my distrust/contempt for Stalin era steel and machinery.

yes we know you are a Russian hater...

but who gives a fu*k???

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

The French have one of the best tanks in the world.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

i agree that french is not one of the worse...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A report in Chosun Ibo on June 17, 2002 indicates that North Korea may have developed a new tank with capabilities similar or nearly identical to the Russian T-90 that was developed in the 1990s.

The tank, who as yet does not have an official designation but is believed to be called the M-2002 (for the year it was produced) was developed by the Ryu Kyong-su Tank Factory, located in Shinhung, South Hamhgyong Province.

North Korea's interest in the T-90 was demonstrated in August 2001 when Kim Jong-il, during his trip to Russia, visited the Transmesh defense plant which builds the T-90. Reports indicate that Kim either tried to purchase a T-90 or was trying to have one donated to North Korea, though it is unclear if those efforts were successful.

The tank underwent performance tests outside Pyongyanf on February 16, 2002.

Worst?

Hardly so!

If its real..

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Good Find

I have no doubt that its real, afterall the military and military developement is the main focus in their country.

I still think that the n.korean tank is pretty bad. They're trying copy off military technology that is at least 10 years ahead of them. I can imagine it as a T-90 with inferior capabilities.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by gooking]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

agreed....but after that era came the magnificent Mammoth Tanks, now tell me, how can you possibly diss these beast-like machines???
i thought so

As for the French tanks being the best in the world

who r u to say so greenkoolaid?? have you seen what the opposition has?
*sighs*
i suppose i am likely to acknowledge your existence once in a while as -that-certain-canadian who thought he sounded smart stating such BS.
circumstances prevail to change virtually any optimistic values regarding a battlefield...
in other words...hope you have fun typing some rhetorical comment on this, formulate away little man

self-righteous

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

the T-34 was ONE of the BEST tanks in WW2...

and that was BEFORE 1950...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I Cant Say A Bad Tank Really Cause If They All Work Then How Is It Bad?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

yes we know you are a Russian hater...

but who gives a fu*k???

We know that you hate the USA and really other than your butt buddy fulcrum. Who gives a #.

T-34 = big piece of #tily made metal scraps that had a huge ass gun. The only reason the T-34 was superior to the German counterparts was because the Russians could produce 3-1 in their favor.

Midway through the war on the eastern front German technicians captured an intact T-34. When they took it apart and checked it out, they proclaimed that not only would it have never passed their own stringent tank tests, but that it was the worse piece of machinery they had seen in that war.

All said and done T-34 = big pieces of scrap metal with a monstrous gun.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaoftheNight

We know that you hate the USA and really other than your butt buddy fulcrum. Who gives a #.

T-34 = big piece of #tily made metal scraps that had a huge ass gun. The only reason the T-34 was superior to the German counterparts was because the Russians could produce 3-1 in their favor.

Midway through the war on the eastern front German technicians captured an intact T-34. When they took it apart and checked it out, they proclaimed that not only would it have never passed their own stringent tank tests, but that it was the worse piece of machinery they had seen in that war.

ok liets start with this...

go to the political forum...

and read what i say about US...

I LIVE IN USA!!!!

why who I hate a country i live in???

also tell me YOUR USA tank that was even close to the German tank...

THERE IS NONE!!!

Russians and Germans had the BEST tanks...

go search my posts and you will find a link that has a German WW2 general say that T-34 was SUPERIOR to the GERMANS TANKS....

DENY THE IGNORANCE!!!

ps

also give me the link where germans said the t-34 was a bad tank...

THE GERMANS WANTED TO COPY THE RUSSIAN T-34...

their pride didnt let them copy enemy machines...

also the Russian T-34 tank did NOT have HUGE turrent...

the largest they had was close to 85mm!!!

with your post above you have shown everybody just how stupid and blind you are...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The T-34 is The Suxx0r cUz the USA r da b3st 1n ww2 and th3 russiAns R Just 2 G4y..

J/K

^^ Come on guys, this is what this "USA vs Russia" crap is starting to sound like...Russian haters vs US haters etc etc... ^^

Worst tank though...I dunno...might lean with the N.K. one...what is the French tank that is so good..I have not heard of this...

-wD

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Za rodinu!
(for the motherland)

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

but their crew would probally bail out at the first sign of trouble.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

but their crew would probally bail out at the first sign of trouble.

hahaha..

So true...

-wD

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

ok liets start with this...

go to the political forum...

and read what i say about US...

I LIVE IN USA!!!!

why who I hate a country i live in???

also tell me YOUR USA tank that was even close to the German tank...

THERE IS NONE!!!

Russians and Germans had the BEST tanks...

go search my posts and you will find a link that has a German WW2 general say that T-34 was SUPERIOR to the GERMANS TANKS....

DENY THE IGNORANCE!!!

ps

also give me the link where germans said the t-34 was a bad tank...

THE GERMANS WANTED TO COPY THE RUSSIAN T-34...

their pride didnt let them copy enemy machines...

also the Russian T-34 tank did NOT have HUGE turrent...

the largest they had was close to 85mm!!!

with your post above you have shown everybody just how stupid and blind you are...

I never once in my post said anyhting bout the US tanks being good did I ... #ing dumb ass... and i dont give a # if you live in the US you still talk as though the US is bad and that Russia is the greatest country to ever exist on earth... I am not Anti-russian in the sense of the country only the poster...

(edit)
Please never use the words "deny ignorance" ever again. Cant stop laughing

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by NinjaoftheNight]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I never once in my post said anyhting bout the US tanks being good did I ... #ing dumb ass... and i dont give a # if you live in the US you still talk as though the US is bad and that Russia is the greatest country to ever exist on earth... I am not Anti-russian in the sense of the country only the poster...

(edit)
Please never use the words "deny ignorance" ever again. Cant stop laughing

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by NinjaoftheNight]

so you are not going to address the real question...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join