It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats reneg in first 100 hours!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Enjoy the next 2 years, Dems, because that is all you get!

Historically these things swing in a pendulum motion. We have just completed a republican swing and now the trend is swinging back to the democrats. It is more likely that the Dems will be in control of both houses of congress and the presidency in two years. The republicans know this will happen too and offer will up nothing more than a "sacrificial lamb" for president in 2008. Look for Romney or Hagel to be the republican candidate and more republicans elected to congress will be moderate rather than conservative.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by df1]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
If Republicans don't embrace these lessons, which Bush 41 paid a high price to teach them, they'll be staring at another Clinton so fast it'll make their head spin, which right or wrong, they will not like.

The only lesson the Republicans need to learn from Bush 41 is compromising with Democrats.

"Read my lips, no new taxes" was a great pledge and it got him elected. Bush 41 broke that pledge as a compromise with Democrats. Then we all know what happened next, Democrats crucified him for breaking the pledge. So why compromise at all?

Republicans lost in 2006 because they refused to lead. The beginning of the end was compromising with Democrats regarding Judicial nominations. Again, why compromise?

I'll tell you one thing if McCain or Guiliani end up with the Republican nomination, the Republican Party will have dug them a hole it will take decades to climb out of.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The only lesson the Republicans need to learn from Bush 41 is compromising with Democrats.

Really, I thought the message was rather clearly that people vote their pocket book, which is bad news for the Republican party. They would be wise to find a way to make people feel better off and start showing them signs of continuing progress, soon.

Republicans lost in 2006 because they refused to lead.

And you think doing so yet again, and worse, obstructing ANY attempt at leadership from anyone, is going to make their lot better rather than worse? This country will not tollerate an idle government in the face of our problems right now, and the Republicans stand to lose the most because these problems started on their watch. The Republicans should be desperate to get Iraq dealt with before 2008, lower gas prices however possible, even if it means removing the federal excise tax, and take the initiative on addressing immigration so that they will have some semblance of credibility in their traditional charge that Democrats lack an agenda.

The beginning of the end was compromising with Democrats regarding Judicial nominations. Again, why compromise?

Not in my recollection. I seem to recall the beginning of the end being the week after Saddam fell. Don't outsmart yourself. The average voter isn't very well informed and doesn't know enough to really care very much about Janice Rogers Brown and company.
Even if we were to view the court battle as the turning point, the compromise wasn't the problem. The hardline was what got them into trouble. They tried to hardline it when the nuclear option was too unpopular for them to have the votes, and they looked like fools when their moderates were forced to jump ship to save themselves from the voters.

I'll tell you one thing if McCain or Guiliani end up with the Republican nomination, the Republican Party will have dug them a hole it will take decades to climb out of.

How is moving away from ideological extremism digging a hole? When Republicans were about the economy and security they were winning electoral landslides and coming in a good 8 points ahead in the popular vote.
B41 moved right in 1992 and under the culture war banner of the religious right they've pulled out 2 squeakers, and only just.
There's nothing wrong with giving the voters what they want. I'd advise both parties to give it a shot, especially the Republican party, because Jesus doesn't vote.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What is going to happen will be inflation. Inflation will catch up with the rapidly rising energy prices we have been experiencing for the past 5 years, then the 2008 elections will come around when inflation has leveled off and democrats will glorify their 'tax more spend less we're a bunch of commies' legislation as the reason for the economic growth which will occur as a result of the inflation.

Look at it this way. Democrats during the election campaign road on the coat-tails of a few bombings in Iraq and claimed the end of the world, claimed big oil and blah blah blah was gouging and putting us in danger. None of this crap exist. The war in iraq is not going to civil war, it never was and it never will. The rise in oil was a result of the war (big surprise) and Bush's troop increase is code word for "Inflation is about to set in, secure the oil at all cost so nothing gets #ed up". And Democrats took and ran with it as "OHMFG! The sky is falling!" And people bought it! LOL!

Oh the humanity, maybe 2012, who knows, by then the democrats will have given my hard earned tax dollars to european wellfare plans and some starving child in Africa and then everyone will realize and wake up and vote for a new change....and countinue what has been happening for hundreds of years. NO SURPRISE!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Republicans lost in 2006 because they refused to lead. The beginning of the end was compromising with Democrats regarding Judicial nominations. Again, why compromise?

This, right here, is a very unique way of looking at things. Its always nice to hear from an honest to god, true believer. It's so unique, I'm not even sure how to respond.

If, however, you believe the failures of the conservative idealogy has more to do with moderation and compromise, then gross incompetance and tunnel vision - then brother, you keep preaching that old time gospel religion.

And you let me know how that works out for you.

Beause, it's working out for me just fine. The Democrats will increase their majority in both houses in 2008, if for no other reason then overwhelming number of Republicans up for re-election. Nearly half of which have been given a political death sentence by Bush, after being thrown under the bus by McCain and his surge plan.

Good times.

P.S. McCain will be your Republican nominee for the president of these here United States...and he's doesn't believe a grand standing, opportunistic word he says.

df1

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
McCain will be your Republican nominee for the president...

Every time I see McCain "the manchurian candidate" comes to mind. Brainwashing techniques may have been used on him when he was a POW. Surely this is a legitimate concern about the guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join