It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My images coming true?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is something that I've always wanted to tell someone, but scared they'd laugh at me. So hey, what better place to do it in!?

For years now, it seems as though I can predict things that happen. They aren't major things like world events, they are just small things. When I think of these things, minutes, hours or days later they come true. As I think of these things, I feel like I am in deep thought like a trance - It's kind of weird, and never thought much of it.

For example -

1. A few years ago, this hot chick was having a B'day party. She knew my brother very well, didn't know me too well and she didn't invite me to her b'day party. (I was VERY fond of this chick) I was then sitting in the car one day at the shops, and I thought "Hmm yeah, what if I can see her somewhere, I'll say "G'day" and she might ask me to go to her party.

Then a few minutes later, she walked past my car with her mother, she said hello and said, "Hey, you should come to my party tonight, it'll be great your brother is gonig too." Of course I said yes and went, but I found it rather co-incidental that this ocured.

Then next example is more freaky.

2. Two months ago, I was sitting in my car at the intersection down near my house, waiting for the lights to turn green (As you do...). I was then, for some reason, imagining a car making an illegal turn and being hit by another on coming car. Less than a minute later, it happened. There was an accident.

I also had had images of people tripping over in a shopping mall, then 2 seconds later they do. Or at work, I have images in my head of somebody calling up in regards to a Network issue and wanting me to fix it from the EXACT same locational site that I dreamed/imagined.

This happens all the time. While it doesn't freak me out, I have always wondered WHY. Is this just a co-incidence or something more? If it is a coincidence, then it's a BIG one because it happens all the time.

Any ideas about this? Is someone watching over me? Do I have a guarding angel trying to give me "signs" of some sort?

Your thoughts would be great.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Actually what this points out to me is that you are creating your own reality. You thought long and hard enough about the girl inviting you to her party that it actually happened.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems to happen to others too, including myself. I'd like to know how I happens too.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I agree, more recently then ever for myself, as i get older the stronger it becomes....
Or
The more you realise you have these 'powers'

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wait, are you predicting or causeing? I am a bit comfused. Anyway, my mom and I have predicted things in great detail weeks or months in advanced before. My mom more so and in greater effect. Actually when she tells me about the time she did it before it freaks me out. I guess it is coincedence but, you never know. The stuff my mom predicted were large scale and in great detail.

Anyway, about you. I recomend you test it to see if it is actually real. Try something a bit larger scale then usuall. If you cause things to happen, try world peace.

Note: There is a Japanese anime about a girl that can do this. If you are interested in watching it, it is called "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu". It is actually quite good if you don't mind watching japanese anime. I recomend watching the japanese version with subtitles.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Actually what this points out to me is that you are creating your own reality. You thought long and hard enough about the girl inviting you to her party that it actually happened.

This is an interesting idea.Often if i wake up feeling bad and I trip over something or burn my toast,I know the whole day will be full of bad luck not a good day to drive a car since potential for accidents.If I wake up feeling good,generally the whole day is all good luck and happy events.Could this be just my own mind creating the good or bad luck?The TV guys that talk about positive thoughts to control your destiny,make money,meet beautiful wife,live healthy etc....very possible.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Anyone here ever hear of the hall of records?I've read somewhere(can,t remember where)That before you are born you have a record of everything that happens in your lifetime,and when you remember what is on your record you have a deja-vu experience.Its just something I read and not neccesarily my belief.Anyone ever hear of this?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
A bit unrelated, but my Dad has had a couple of strange coincidences in the past few days.

He loves a bet on the horses, so last weekend he placed bets on 2 horses called Montserrat and Esperance...

Well guess what... the Montserrat volcano is going off and thousands of birds are dying in Esperance...

I thought it a bit strange...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
White Queen to Alice

"Its a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."

- Through the Looking Glass
(Lewis Carroll)

A well-known example of synchronicity is the true story of the French writer Émile Deschamps who in 1805 was treated to some plum pudding by the stranger Monsieur de Fortgibu. Ten years later, he encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant, and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fortgibu. Many years later in 1832 Émile Deschamps was at a diner, and was once again offered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fortgibu was missing to make the setting complete — and in the same instant the now senile de Fortgibu entered the room.

Synchronicity

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
crowpruitt, I believe what you are talking about is called the "akashic" records. (spelling??)

I think that you are having more of a pre-cognative vision, or a deja-vu premonition. These coincidences are the spirit worlds' way of saying you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, and that you are on the right track to the goal your spirit has laid out for you. I had a re-occuring dream for about 2-3 months before it finally came true a couple weeks after the dream stopped.

I don't think it is any kind of power, and that you can't make an event happen by thinking about it, but, I do believe that what the spirit wants, the spirit gets. And it will show you what it has in store for you sometimes. It seems to me that you have more luck at pre-cognition than others. Maybe you'll forsee world peace like halfmask said.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
WOW! I have also had this happen my whole life...I just never thought much of it. Its good to see that I'm not alone. Its usually small things like you said, but I believe Ive seen the future before. A week before 9/11 I had dream...a very bad dream. It was just a view of a city street with people running, then all of a sudden fire exploded out all the windows. I woke up at this point, of course I didn't think much of it...I could have never imagined...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How'd the two horses do? Did he win money as well?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
At 28 i'm just starting to get similar feelings/ thoughts but on a lesser scale at the moment..

As part of my job I occasionally have to take peoples credit card details over the phone.

I often 'think' the numbers correctly before the person speaks (and I don't mean the regular first four digits that relate to the lender but the security code on the signiture strips)..

The first time it freaked me out a little now I challenge myself to 'guess' correctly..

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I can buy the looking into the future thinking thing, because I believe that I have experienced it on more than one occasion, albeit in a very small way. I also like to believe that all humans have this ''ability'' as it were.

Otherwise , how can one explain the soldier who pushes his buddy out the way of enemy fire in a split second? The racing driver who dodges a wreck, the very second it happens?

Skill? Instinct? Luck? No, I don't think so, it's deeper than that. Whether or not people know that they are ''looking into the future'', I believe that they are to a certain extent.

The other theory though, creating you own reality, I do not agree with. I hate to think that I am not in control of my life.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
How'd the two horses do? Did he win money as well?

Hahaha nah they lost... was still funny though!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
crowpruitt, I believe what you are talking about is called the "akashic" records. (spelling??)

I think that you are having more of a pre-cognative vision, or a deja-vu premonition. These coincidences are the spirit worlds' way of saying you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, and that you are on the right track to the goal your spirit has laid out for you. I had a re-occuring dream for about 2-3 months before it finally came true a couple weeks after the dream stopped.

I don't think it is any kind of power, and that you can't make an event happen by thinking about it, but, I do believe that what the spirit wants, the spirit gets. And it will show you what it has in store for you sometimes. It seems to me that you have more luck at pre-cognition than others. Maybe you'll forsee world peace like halfmask said.
Thanks for the correction Kingalbrect79.I vaguely remember reading something about that.Looks like I better read it again more carefully

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky6
Then next example is more freaky.

2. Two months ago, I was sitting in my car at the intersection down near my house, waiting for the lights to turn green (As you do...). I was then, for some reason, imagining a car making an illegal turn and being hit by another on coming car. Less than a minute later, it happened. There was an accident.

I had this exact same thing happen and I might add that I too was in a trance like state. In fact, I had taken a large amount of nyquil which tends to make one zone out and disassociate from the world, but I was just thinking about something bad about to happen and then two cars crashed in the middle of the intersection.

I think the clearing of the mind of any other thoughts has something to do with the ability to feel an event is going to happen. Just my guess, but it was really weird to have reality follow your thoughts in the very next seconds.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
ben91069 , this is an interestnig thought, my visions only appear in my dreams, and not whilst i am awake, that said, like many others i think of people and they generally contact me; on the other hand, i dream sitatuations or in most cases items, that have revelance to what i will be doing the next day, or that might effect someone i know??? But over the years its only becoming stronging, from dreaming the most basic items.

I'm going to look into this topic and do some further research and see what i can find out, how to train this ability.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
White Queen to Alice

"Its a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."

- Through the Looking Glass
(Lewis Carroll)

A well-known example of synchronicity is the true story of the French writer Émile Deschamps who in 1805 was treated to some plum pudding by the stranger Monsieur de Fortgibu. Ten years later, he encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant, and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fortgibu. Many years later in 1832 Émile Deschamps was at a diner, and was once again offered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fortgibu was missing to make the setting complete — and in the same instant the now senile de Fortgibu entered the room.

Synchronicity

I'm fluent in French, and since I discovered Emile Deschamps, I've been looking quite unsuccessfully for his writings. My only hope, is that when I'll be living in Paris this summer, that I find some old bookstore that has some of his writings. I'm pretty sure he has some interesting stuff to say.

There is a woman who lives next door to my fiancée's family. She's not exactly, what one would call a witch, but she's in tune to the super natural forces that are below the normal realm of consciousness and perception. I've been told that she can see people's aura and whether they are beneficial or not. Anyways, my fiancée's mother who isn't really a strange woman in the least bit, has had strange predictions and feelings of things that happen. For instance, she's had a dream that someone close to her, or in her realm of conaissance dies. A few days or weeks later, someone she knows dies. Other strange events, which haven't directly effected her have been predicted.

I think one sees things that one wants to believe. In regards to the supernatural realm and the events which preceed and even directly effect our reality, I think that there are certain people who are perceptive to the hints the supernatural realm gives us. In history, we tend to ostrasize those that predict things: Take Casandra, take the woman who told Caesar to "beware the ides of March" and other prophet like people. There is no question that some people are more intune to the signs and clues.

The best thing I can suggest is to keep a journal. Make predictions in your journal that you feel need to be made. That way, you have your prediction in writing prior to the event happening, which, would give you creditability.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can do the same thing but I don't think I've had any of the scenarios happen to me. 3 times or so after ordering food I kept saying in my head give my money back and they did it. Once would be coincidental but three times it a bit weird. I used to drive my mom nuts during christmas because I could tell what I had before opening a present I could just touch it and I knew what it was. Usually before something happens I keep saying what it is in my head I don't think I explained it right but it's weird and it usually happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join