It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruler of Heaven according to JW's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
First of all, I wasn't entirely sure where to post this as I wouldn't class it as a "conspiracy", so if it needs to be moved then go right ahead

Right then. We had family come to visit this past weekend and on the Sunday morning a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses came knocking. With family here they didn't stop, but dropped off Watchtower etc and then proceeded to tell my Mother that, "Satan has been ruling Heaven for some time but now Jesus is ruling again" and that next time he comes around he will "prove it".

I haven't heard this before and I am curious to learn more about this JW's statement while at the same time being impatient and not wanting to wait for them to come back and prove it

Any help is always much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well,I read reports a few years ago that there were some children reporting dreams of a war raging in heaven. Supposedly, God had lost control of the heavens and was in the process of regaining control. One girl stated that an angel told her in her dream that, "Things were rough, but to hold on because control was almost back in the hands of good." This theory that JWs have may be related to that somehow. I don't know..

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sounds like they are running short on new members and need to revitalize their base.

When they knock on my door, I invite them in and tell them I am a Freemason. They never come back. I dont do it to scare them off, just to try and open a more esoteric line of conversation.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
whenever someone tries to make a claim about anything religiously, they CANNOT PROVE IT

all religious claims are improvable

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Sounds like they are running short on new members and need to revitalize their base.

When they knock on my door, I invite them in and tell them I am a Freemason. They never come back. I dont do it to scare them off, just to try and open a more esoteric line of conversation.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by RWPBR]

My Dad was Roman Catholic and he would tell them so. You should have seen them break their necks to get back to their vehicle!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think I know this one.

In revelation it talks about Michael battling with the dragon and his demons and that Michael and his angels cast them out of heaven down to the earth. Hence the heavens are cleansed at some point in time of all the opposers. An account in Job says that Satan at one time could even enter before God, eventhough he was bad at the time. Ater the casting out no bad angel could go back up. This battle is supposed to coinside with the initial set up of the kingdom which Jesus talked about when he was on earth. I think the thought is that Jesus begins ruling as king from the heavens and Satan gets stuck on earth. But I also remember that Satan is always said to be ruler of the world before and after the casting out of heaven. He is deemed ruler of all the unrighteous elements.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is not the only belief that the JWs have that doesn't seem to coincide with basic "Christianity." It seems to me that I read somewhere that the JWs believe that the anti-Christ came in 1914...I don't know if I am right about that,but it seems that I read that somewhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No no. Satan is the ruler of the WORLD right now. Jesus will come back to fight him at the appointed time that only God knows (Matthew 24:36) This scripture also shows Jesus is not "all-knowing"

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hmm, I have read a few JW pamphlets and even let some in one time. Why let them in? Because they ride their bikes around for two years to spread their religion. That is ONE thing they do that nobody else does, and they should be proud of that. So for that I say they deserve a bit of a break. Not that I would let them in again, I don't think. Anyway...

I never remember that being part of their beliefs, that Satan was ruling heaven. I think I would remember that one if I had read it or been told it... Because that is pretty thought provoking...

So i'm wondering, do their leaders just change their stories around as they see fit? Or do you feel that the people were just taking liberties and telling you whatever they wanted to?

BTW, it would be really really helpful, if we could figure out who is ruling what/where atm.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Hmm, I have read a few JW pamphlets and even let some in one time. Why let them in? Because they ride their bikes around for two years to spread their religion. That is ONE thing they do that nobody else does, and they should be proud of that. So for that I say they deserve a bit of a break. Not that I would let them in again, I don't think. Anyway...

I never remember that being part of their beliefs, that Satan was ruling
heaven. I think I would remember that one if I had read it or been told it...
Because that is pretty thought provoking...

So i'm wondering, do their leaders just change their stories around as they see fit? Or do you feel that the people were just taking liberties and telling you whatever they wanted to?

BTW, it would be really really helpful, if we could figure out who is ruling what/where atm.

You are getting JW's mixed up with Mormons(LDS)

JW's preach their whole lives until they die, even young kids preach with their parents. JW's do not ride bikes out in their ministry.

Mormons only preach for 2 years, they are the ones you see riding bicycles around.

People get them mixed up sometimes, because both go door to door.
Just thought I'd clarify that.

I clarified your last thought already. Idk where the whole "satan ruling heaven"thing came from.
Satan is the ruler of this WORLD right now. Thats why there is so much corruption, hunger, disease and everything else that goes with it.

Good Day

[edit on 15-1-2007 by tylersch]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Haha.. that was dumb of me. Yeah it was Mormons I have let in, and JW pamphlets I have read. Talked with a lady who was JW on the train once, and she was very nice. Gave me some pamphlets and didn't try to force her beliefs on me, and we wished eachother a good day. Sorry to mush them together, I've had good experiences with both, at my choice, not them forcing anything on me.

Thanks, I forgot about that nice lady.

I still don't see this Satan ruling heaven as a JW belief. I looked on a JW info page... I see they believe that "Satan is the invisible ruler of the world"

Why the guy said that to the OP? No idea. But notice how he doesn't pester anyone, just leaves him with a thought and is on his way.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have to honestly say that I have never had a Mormon knock on my door. I have had many JWs knock on it though.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Haha.. that was dumb of me. Yeah it was Mormons I have let in, and JW pamphlets I have read. Talked with a lady who was JW on the train once, and she was very nice. Gave me some pamphlets and didn't try to force her beliefs on me, and we wished eachother a good day. Sorry to mush them together, I've had good experiences with both, at my choice, not them forcing anything on me.

Thanks, I forgot about that nice lady.

I still don't see this Satan ruling heaven as a JW belief. I looked on a JW info page... I see they believe that "Satan is the invisible ruler of the world"

Why the guy said that to the OP? No idea. But notice how he doesn't pester anyone, just leaves him with a thought and is on his way.

It's alright. Like I said people get JW's and Mormons mixed up all the time. Both are usually very nice people, but there are differences in their beliefs.

What you said about the JW's belief that "Satan is the invisible ruler of the world" is correct. I have no idea where the individual might have got the idea of what they told the OP. There was probably a misunderstanding somewhere, humans are imperfect.

So to clarify everything again.

JW's DO NOT BELIEVE SATAN IS THE RULER IN HEAVEN

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I haven't forgotten you all!
It's just that I haven't found anything on the internet to explain why the JW would say what he did, and they also have not come by again yet to explain. The simplest explanation (which is nearly always the correct one as they say) does appear to be a case of a verbal/mental error.

I appreciate you all chiming in on this one even if it may not be anything of anything to begin with. If they return then I'll be sure to report!

TC all

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Hi everyone, I haven't forgotten you all!
It's just that I haven't found anything on the internet to explain why the JW would say what he did, and they also have not come by again yet to explain. The simplest explanation (which is nearly always the correct one as they say) does appear to be a case of a verbal/mental error.

I appreciate you all chiming in on this one even if it may not be anything of anything to begin with. If they return then I'll be sure to report!

TC all

Hopefully he will come by and explain what he meant ( also ask for scriptural evidence also ) JW's are supposed to base all their teachings and life on The Bible.

I agree with what you said about it "appear[ing] to be a case of a verbal/mental [/communication] error. "

Glad we could help, let us know when you find out more.

Peace

top topics

join