It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

humans- a murderous species?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Indeed, lions do kill for their food-but they do so in a self sustaining way, taking only what they need for food, and in quantities that allow the prey species to easily maintain it's numbers (read-balance). Something that kills for food isnt a murderer....Whereas something that kills for needless, sick, useless reasons is, but that's a purely human phenomena....

Lions after killing only what they need for food, dont say to their buddies "hey, now that we've eaten, let's burn down the whole seregeti plain, just for good measure" In other words, lions may kill (for food, in a balanced way) but they dont pose a mass scale threat to every single life form on the planet, basically they live within their boundaries and affect only a few species which are a part of their life schema- can the same be said for humans? I rather think not, so you study up a bit before hitting back with statements such as these....

Comparing humans to a lion was just an example...you can compare humans to any other animal and we all have similarities. Lions do only kill within their boundaries and also to gain boundaries and to protect those boundaries. As do humans. We fight to gain boundaries...the only exception is our boundaries are endless. We can move from continent to continent. Our boundaries consist of this whole planet. Here is a web site that gives some good comparisons on the animalistic behavior of humans…and why we have certain traits we do and why we act them out.

www.wsu.edu:8080...

We can revert back to saying we are just like animals...because we are; though, we are sophisticated enough to recognize our problems in society, yet we still haven't found a way to fix them....an actual feasible way to fix our worldly problems that is.

We can sit here and talk/type/speak on all the things we are doing wrong in our societies and keep looking at all the negative things we are accumulating to our lives; we will continue to keep down playing our abilities to do good and caring them out.

"Searching for the Truth through words and speech is like sticking your head in a bowl of glue." - Yuan Wu-

Speaking can only do so much in making man kind or any other problem better....action speaks louder than words can.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

We can revert back to saying we are just like animals...because we are; though, we are sophisticated enough to recognize our problems in society, yet we still haven't found a way to fix them....an actual feasible way to fix our worldly problems that is.

We are not just like animals-we're far worse, and thats the point of this paticular thread...

If the planet had a conciousness, i'm disposed to believe that it'd have far more respect for the animals (or animals of other species, if you like), than it would us....

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
again you are mistaking peoples true intentions with the mess we are stuck to live in...

i assure you that more of us wants things to change then some of us don't.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
actually i see what MissAshley is trying to say...it does make alot of sense..but you kinda have to reread it
either way i agree with her..our natural instinct is like a preditor

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join