It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossad in Iraq? You bet! (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Er Pie.. The point is that either those are not real Israeli soldiers, they are not really in Iraq, or they are there because we asked them to be there, in any case we know they are there.

Yeah I believe that.
I knew I remembered something a while back in where there was a report regarding Iran attacking Kurdiistan positions and it occurred to me that possibly there was a reason why. Israel was going to use the Kurds as a proxy to infiltrate Iran. So I had done some digging around and found an article from 2005 that also stated that Israel was in fact in Iraq even before this BBC article came out, it was published in an Israeli paper Yediot Ahronot in 2005.

Yediot Ahronot,

First Published: 09:35 , 1 December 2005

Exclusive: A number of Israeli companies have won contracts with the Kurdish government in northern Iraq to train and equip Kurdish security forces and build an international airport, Yedioth Ahronoth reports; al-Qaeda warning of attack prompts hasty exit of all Israeli instructors from region Anat Tal-Shir

Dozens of Israelis with a background in elite military combat training have been working for private Israeli companies in northern Iraq where they helped the Kurds establish elite anti-terror units, Israel’s leading newspaper Yedioth Ahronot revealed Thursday.

According to the report, the Kurdish government contracted Israeli security and communications companies to train Kurdish security forces and provide them with advanced equipment. Motorola Israel and Magalcom Communications and Computers won contracts with the Kurdish government to the tune of hundreds of millions of U.S. dollars. The flagship of the contracts is the construction of an international airport in the northern Kurdish city of Ibril, a stepping stone towards the fulfillment of Kurdish national aspirations for independence. In addition to Motorola and Magalcom, a company owned by Israeli entrepreneur Shlomi Michaels is in full business partnership with the Kurdish government, providing strategic consultation on economic and security issues.

The strategic consultation company was initially established by former Mossad chief Danny Yatom (Labor) and Michaels, yet Yatom sold his shares upon his election to the Knesset.

But that’s not all. Leading Israeli companies in the field of security and counter-terrorism have set up a training camp under the codename Z at a secret location in a desertic region in northern Iraq, where Israeli experts provide training in live fire exercises and self-defense to Kurdish security forces.

Al-Qaeda warning prompts hasty Israeli exit

Tons of equipment, including motorcycles, tractors, sniffer dogs, systems to upgrade Kalashnikov rifles, and bulletproof vests, have been shipped to Iraq’s northern region, with most products stamped ‘Made in Israel’.

Source

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Rockpuck im lost that that post was absolutely amaziiiinng ..

You have voted Rockpuck for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wargames. What you've written down in your replies are clearly showing the pathetic behavior of the Israeli people. Make wars against anyone, whose are opposing us. Congratulations. You've shown your so called superiority... rather pathetic stupidity again.

If the Israelis would be the greatest counter-terrorists on the planet, why do they need for the support of the U.S. and the U.K.? Since the bests are needs help, they're not the best anymore.

<< 1  2   >>

join