It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else having problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yesterday (1/1/7) I noticed that the text and graphics on ATS had all changed. I thought it was just a glitch and being new years day it would get fixed later, but it's still the same today and nobody seems to have mentioned it.

Here's what I see. At the top of the page where you'd normally see tabs for all the forums and options, there's just the text descriptions (gear, blogs, podcasts, etc.) There are two buttons on that line - "Search ATS" and "Google Custom Search" but they are just code generated buttons, not the usual ATS theme style. In the content area of the page, the text is all in large scale "Times New Roman" font and when viewing threads, there are no quote boxes visible - ie: when someone quotes another post or external source, there is no box highlighting that text.
The footer of the page looks better, all the new dark matter buttons are there but the text in the creative commons notice is large scale also.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it only me? And if it's only me how come only ATS appears this way?? The other websites I visit are unchanged.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit: I just noticed that the text goes back to normal scale, arial style font when I select "customize - light". So the problem is only when I use the dark settings (which I've always used without any problems.)

[edit on 1/2/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
All looks the same to me, sorry i cant help.
Try the complaints button, might get help a bit faster.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Normal looking here as well.

rofl, tough luck

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
sometimes when i log on from work, i have the same problem. the graphics eventually catch up, but it takes awhile on the slower comps. dont know if that helps at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that happens when:

1) The images used by ATS for buttons etc, are not in your cache. The computer might have a slow connection to the net, and a timeout occurs before the images (and fonts) are loaded.

2) Your cache size is too small, or full already.

If you have access to the settings, and have permission, you might try clearing the cache, and see if the problem persists.

2 cents, from a similar experience (not recently, though)

[edit on 1/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join