It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Say They Can Prevent Homosexuality in Sheep - Are Humans Next?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Niteboy, i love you for being so real.

I agree with you all the way.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In response to RocknRoll --

“In fact, several studies have shown that people who believe homosexuality is biologically based are less homophobic than people who think that this orientation is acquired.
(emphasis mine; taken from the article from the OP)

'Nough said.

Anyhow, back to the main topic.

The scientists have been able to pinpoint the mechanisms influencing the desires of “male-oriented” rams by studying their brains. The animals’ skulls are cut open and electronic sensors are attached to their brains.

By varying the hormone levels, mainly by injecting hormones into the brain, they have had “considerable success” in altering the rams’ sexuality, with some previously gay animals becoming attracted to ewes.

I don't understand how this could lead to changing the babies of humans -- the physiology is being changed when they're fully grown... there's no mention of the tests being conducted on the youngin's. (Not mentioning the fact that rams are ever so slightly different than humans...)

Also, I don't quite understand the 'oh my god we need to fix this' syndrome of the herders... 1 ram out of 10? So, out of 100 there's only 10 males who'd rather do otherwise? So what?

Ooohh, that's right. It affects profits!!! *slaps forehead*

Silly me. I forgot that profit has become god!!

Truly, this is a comment on humanity-- it's need for control (which nature/chaos will never truly allow), and above all else its lack of morality in the face of profits.

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” - Einstein

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Diseria]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just want to say i got nothing against gays but i don't consider it a natural thing.

a key does not fit into a key and a lock does not fit into a lock.

2 people of the same sex can't create another living conscious being in this reality.

of course i'm talking about nature of reality and everything that is fundamental to our reality and not alterted by our imaginative ideals.

you can still be gay just like you can play a musical instrument if you are into it then that's cool but it doesn't make it a fundamental natural thing.

i hope im not sounding offensive because it's not meant to insult people that are gay, i love everyone equal.

peace and love.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
First, the growing number of individuals that contract HIV are minority straight women. Get your facts "straight"

Hmmmm, guess that's why all the poeple I've known who've gotten it and/or died were gay. And you're wrong 64% of all new cases in the USA this year were gay men alone.

You know this from personal experience?

Yes, I was actively gay for 15 years.

Again, do you know this from personal experience?

Yes. Not one gay couple I knew (and I knew hundreds) is still together. And those who stayed together and "call themselves monogamous", either have trysts on the side or "open" the relationship, and don't tell their families.

Originally posted by GriffWhat are the statistics of "monogamous" men? Garanteed there are about the same un monogamous straight people out there. Or there wouldn't be soooo much divorce.

I'd love to be able to dig all this stuff up right now, but even if I did you'd still find a reason to disagree. Today, sadly, the statistics for straight men remaining monogamous is 56%, which truly explains the high divorce rate. On the other hand, truly monogamous gay men only make up 3% of gay men studied worldwide. Google it dude! I'm not lying at all. You will be disheartened to find the results. It's shocking.

I believe you are being true to your partner. What I am saying based on what I've seen, experienced and read (thoroughly) at some point in the future you or your lover will experience temptation and cheat on the other. The odds are stacked against you. Your partner may have already cheated on you. Maybe giving someone a blowjob isn't considered cheating to him, every gay guy draws the line at a different place.........but rest assured the chances of your relationship being exclusively monogamous are 3%. I wish you luck and hope you don't get hurt or infected with a bad disease (I had my share of them, luckily I didn't get HIV). But I saw hundreds of men fall from it.......all in the name of a good blowjob or screw. What a waste of life. So many more things beautiful in this world to experience.........

Good luck and no offense.......

[edit on 2-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The orientation isn't a choice.

We are in harmony here.
I did not choose to be gay, but I 'chose" to activate it, which I can look back on and say I shouldn't have done it. Activating brought nothing but grief into my life.
You have to remember, there is "a season with sin". Meaning, with all sin their is a honeymoon; a time of great happiness and pleasure. But the reality sets in when the honeymoon is over and the effect of sin is felt. My soul will never be the same, but little by little after having left that lifestyle I'm starting to feel whole and at peace again.....like I did before I activated my homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

God would be happier seeing him celebate..........

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm outta here...
MODS I didn't mean to derail at all.
I just don't think homosexuality is a scientific issue at all.
It's a condition of one's soul. I am not conviced it has anything to do with gene's, chromosomes, or DNA. It's about choices you make in life.......

It's an act carried out by free will alone..........

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Activating brought nothing but grief into my life.

And I wonder why now you are on an internet forum saying the things you do? Not all of us hate ourselves (which is societies fault to begin with). Not all of us are whores. Not all of us etc. etc. Just because your life turned out to be sh*tty doesn't give you the right to judge others. No offense.

BTW, you say that all homosexual relationships start from lust. What do hetero relationships start from? "Boy, that chick has a nice set of brains". I don't hear that much, do you?

Edit: Sorry mods for taking this thread off topic. As far as the OP, it's good that they are finding out that hormones can change the sexual orientation. That pretty much proves that it is not a choice. And yes, I chose to act on my homosexuality. I could have been like Ted Haggard, but who do you think GOD smiles on more? A lying cheat or an honest person? I became honest with myself, my family and friends and have never once regretted my decision.

[edit on 1/2/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

MODS I didn't mean to derail at all. I just don't think homosexuality is a scientific issue at all.

I don't think you did derail it. Your input isn't any more, or less, valuable than anyone else's. Please reconsider leaving this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

MODS I didn't mean to derail at all. I just don't think homosexuality is a scientific issue at all.

I don't think you did derail it. Your input isn't any more, or less, valuable than anyone else's. Please reconsider leaving this thread.

I agree. I thought we were having a great discussion. It is nice to hear from an ex-gay member about their experiences.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

And I wonder why now you are on an internet forum saying the things you do? Not all of us hate ourselves (which is societies fault to begin with). Not all of us are whores. Not all of us etc. etc. Just because your life turned out to be sh*tty doesn't give you the right to judge others. No offense.

When people learn from experience they use their experienve to enlighten others who might make the same mistake. That's all. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers. I am here to open people's eyes to the reality. I'm tired of seeing the media tout this lifestyle as fun, fulfilling, adventurous. It's not. If gay men are so happy, why the ridiculously high promiscuity rate? They can't be very satisfied if they need so many partners to "satisfy" themselves?

Personally, I don't blame society at all for gays hating themselves. Hate comes from within. Live in sin long enough and you will truly loose your self-worth, your integrity, your self-esteem, your confidence, etc. All this leads to self hate. Yes, not all gay men are very promiscuous, but the vast majority are. You know this....you're gay.....quit lying. You have friends I'm sure, you've seen the duration of their relationships (not very long). I'm not rying to be rude, just truthful.

BTW, you say that all homosexual relationships start from lust. What do hetero relationships start from? "Boy, that chick has a nice set of brains". I don't hear that much, do you?

And this my friend explains the high divorce rate! People treat eachother like objects of pleasure anymore. Gone are the days of "actually dating someone". It's all about hooking up now. But, you will find the rate of promiscuity pumped up to the 97-98% level in the gay world. So if you are a 100% monogamous gay male (truly) your odds of landing a partner that feels the same way about monogamy are so slim it's almost not worth bothering......

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Personally, I don't blame society at all for gays hating themselves.

I do. But that's just me. I believe that if it were tollerated more, then gays wouldn't have the self hate engrained in them.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree. I thought we were having a great discussion. It is nice to hear from an ex-gay member about their experiences.

Griff, I'm not an "ex-gay". I'm a gay drop-out!
I'm still as queer as a 3 dollar bill (just like you - LOL - j/k). I just choose not to act on it anymore. I am a celibate gay man, who has come to terms with being homosexual but hit another level and saw it for what it really was. I finally realized the "futility" of gay relationships. Not that everything in my experience was bad. I was a happy go lucky gay guy with no hangups at all. I loved sex. I'm a wildman in the sack. I loved my last boyfriend dearly (yeah, it went beyond lust). But when we ended (he lied and cheated after 8 years of living a double life behind my back) I started praying (I was never really religious), and I asked God to tune me in. I picked up the Bible one night and thought, "you know, people have spoken wonders about the power of God and this book, let's see if it's true." I was a doubter. So I started praying to the Holy Spirit (I know you think this is probably ridiculous) for enlightenment. And I started seeing things differently (not hatefully mind you, just differently).

The weird thijng that kept dawning on me was, "He answers all my prayers....every single one (I'm not kidding)....except those that pertain to finding happiness in a gay relationship. When it came to the gay part of my prayers God stood completely silent. This was a big clue and a turning point for me. His not answering in this regard, became my answer.

Can you fathom that people can reach levels of human experience and become enlightened to seeing things in a different light without outside influence? Just remember when you leave here, you will no longer have a body to sexually gratify on a constant basis......where will this leave your soul? I decided to start preparing now for the grand exit one day......this lifetime can't compare to eternity.

And if you can't deal with God, the spirit or religion than just ignore me and move on. I'm just giving you a different point of view....one very rare one in these times we live in.......because I'm gay and speaking from the inside-out. I'm not some crazed fundamentalist looking to exterminate gays. It's not easy letting your sexuality go, but letting it go was my road to peace (which I had lost when actively gay). I've come full-circle. I lived and I learned.......some need to go back and repeat it over and over and over again, and still can't figure it out. I'm not looking down my nose at you at all. You're one of my kind, so I know where your heads at....your arguments sound like me when I was "out" and active. I understand.....

[edit on 2-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thank you! Sorry, if the truth hurts. I'm just denying ignorance and unfortunately the sheeple of this world don't want to hear it.

Denying Ignorance?

First of all I am not sure where the hell you got your sources from But I am not a slutty, whorish freak with aids. I am Gay, and everything you said is HORSESHAT. I do not know any gay person that you have described, I do not sleep around with anything that wears pants.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Ford Farmer]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"He answers all my prayers....every single one (I'm not kidding)

Well, you are doing better than I am with Him. He seems to be ignorning me. (and no, I'm not asking for the wrong stuff ... ) I'm going to have to enlist you as a prayer warrior for me. I'm serious.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I didn't realize we had so many homosexual guys here. Wow. Four in just the last few posts have shown up.

I'm just going to bow out for now and let ya'll chat.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
RocknRoll.

Thanks for your insight. I just have one thing to add. Could it be sex in general that has gotten in the way of man's road to enlightenment? Isn't that why the Buhddist monks are celebate? Isn't that why Catholic priests are celebate? Maybe it's not gay sex at all but just sex in general?

Man, has this gone off the road of talking about gay rams. Sorry OPer.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

"He answers all my prayers....every single one (I'm not kidding)

Well, you are doing better than I am with Him. He seems to be ignorning me. (and no, I'm not asking for the wrong stuff ... ) I'm going to have to enlist you as a prayer warrior for me. I'm serious.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I didn't realize we had so many homosexual guys here. Wow. Four in just the last few posts have shown up.

I'm just going to bow out for now and let ya'll chat.

Flyer, I live alone and have dealt with many other bad things happen in my life (that have nothing to do with sexuality). It says in the Bible that God takes extra special care of those who live alone and remain alone (forget where it's written, but I know I read it). I feel as though He takes real good care of me because He knows all I really have is Him and I need Him to get me through this life. At this point I don't really feel like I fit totally in with the straights and thegays as well.....so I am alone. It is said that those who pray everyday are blessed by God. I try to stay blessed. I have no doubts He's real. I've had to many uncanny events unfold in my life to prove to me He's talking to me. It amazes me when so many people discount Him. If they only knew......

I use to use another name on this forum, and left here for a long time because I felt beaten up. Yeah, they "stoned" me several times here. This is a cool site, but the hypocrisy of it is that when you near the "Truth" you are ridiculed and ostracized. I'm not a troublemaker, just an eye-opener......a mirror if you will, I like showing people their own reflections. They end up hating what they see....

I expected the gay men to flow into this site and attack me. Why not? I was one of them. They feel I've turned on them, but that's not it at all. I'm just a gay man that woke up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and realized sex is not everything and it's truly not the answer to earthly happiness. I have found that nothing of this world can bring true happiness. God alone suffices. Just remember the world will not be ours one day....and then what will we do? I plan on having the last laugh. Anyway, I am proof that you can find happiness without acting on your sexuality. It is possible.....

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am an "active" I think about more than just sex, Truthfully Sex isn't even on my top prioriety list, I do find Men atractive, but I am not a sex addict. Why are you stating that homoseual acts are wrong? I am not angry that you "turned on us"
, just curious. Do you still find men attractive? or do you just supress all sexual urges.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
[I knew a young man who turned to sex with other men when they were unable to get a woman.

.. and there you have a social construction of homosexuality. It doesn't always happen like that, but sometimes it does. PRISONS. Men who were straight on the outside turn to anal man-to-man sex while in jail. It's gay sex and they get off on it.

Sometimes its biology and sometimes it's social construction.

But that still doesn't make them homosexual. They turn to each other so they won't have to go without sex but when they get out they go find a woman. I agree it's more of a dominance thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thanks for your insight. I just have one thing to add. Could it be sex in general that has gotten in the way of man's road to enlightenment? Isn't that why the Buhddist monks are celebate? Isn't that why Catholic priests are celebate? Maybe it's not gay sex at all but just sex in general?

Cheers, your a good man.
I can see this.......I have an old buddy I grew up with (major party animal - drugs drinking, wild sex) who became a Franciscan monk. He told me that when he first entered the friary that he took the vow to stop his sexuality (chastity and celibacy). He said he had masturbated everyday for years and could not imagine ever being able to stop (he enjoyed it). But he decided that if he was going to live a religious life with God it had to stop (it disracted him from God). He said in the beginning he thought he was gonna have a nervous breakdown from lack of sexual release. But he said the further you get away from it the easier it is to do, until you pretty much forget about it. But he said it is possible........

I am celibate, but I am not chaste. Is this good, is this bad? I'm human and I can only deal with so much. I'm not a priest so I haven't taken vows. Where does all this stand in God's eyes? I'm not sure, but I think He's happy I'm doing my best. I am not your typical gay guy. I never slept around, but the ones I did sleep with all gave me some kinda creepin crud (and these were nice respectable people, or so I thought), so at least celibacy has kept me healthy and clean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join