It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Say They Can Prevent Homosexuality in Sheep - Are Humans Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Other than the type of homosexual behaviour seen where many people of one gender are put together with no chance of interaction with the opposite sex I don't think it has anything to do with competition to find mates. I know too many gay men who from a young age were considered a catch by the females in their communities but who simply did not have the inclination to follow it up unless it was to hide their sexuality. I don't think that theory comes into play in any serious way. It is interesting that the percentage of gay rams ( 1 in 10) seems to mirror the human percentages.

I knew a young man who turned to sex with other men when they were unable to get a woman. I don't know how serious a factor it is, but it is one. However I suspect these types have aspects in common with those who turn to homosexuality as a result of childhood trauma or social manipulation, not because they were "born that way" as true homosexuals are.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by apc]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ubermunche,

Good point! I forgot that quite a few gay guys have a large female following, many of whom are considered "hot" women. Even in high school many gay guys had only female friends. I've also known a lot of women who've gone after a guy only to find out later that he's gay.

Homosexuality in a totally male population, like prison, is generally more of a dominance thing, like dogs humping each other, than it is sexual gratification.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If homosexuality was eliminated you'd probably see AIDS disappear in this country (just about). Oh, you'd still have the IV drug users and their surrounding collateral damage getting sick. You'd still have small pockets of it popping up, but not like the huge wave of AIDS that killed thousands upon thousands of gay men in the 1980's. They all died because of their promiscuity. Which cannot be denied (it wouldn't have spread like wildfire if they hadn't been so promiscuous). Every gay man I know who came down with AIDS was a promiscuous,sex addicted, slut who hopped from bed to bed so often he couldn't even remember the amount of men he slept with. Play with fire, and you get burned.

They will never be able to remove homosexuality physically from the body. It's all in the mind. It's a defect in the "soul". Homosexuality is not a disease at all, it's a "temptation", and homosexuals feel they're not happy unless they can imbibe in their temptation. Homosexual relationships in the long run are not satisfying. Why would one choose to live with multiple partners if one was "satisfied"? The answer: because in the long run gay relationships aren't satsfying because they were never meant to be (that's why men were given penis and testicles - gay men don't have vaginas). So the hunt goes on and on and on..........and the ones that claim they're monogamous, statistically in homosexual relationships they amount to about 3% of the gay population. Talk about looking for your needle in a haystack...........

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
[I knew a young man who turned to sex with other men when they were unable to get a woman.

.. and there you have a social construction of homosexuality. It doesn't always happen like that, but sometimes it does. PRISONS. Men who were straight on the outside turn to anal man-to-man sex while in jail. It's gay sex and they get off on it.

Sometimes its biology and sometimes it's social construction.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
If homosexuality was eliminated you'd probably see AIDS disappear in this country (just about). Oh, you'd still have the IV drug users and their surrounding collateral damage getting sick. You'd still have small pockets of it popping up, but not like the huge wave of AIDS that killed thousands upon thousands of gay men in the 1980's. They all died because of their promiscuity. Which cannot be denied (it wouldn't have spread like wildfire if they hadn't been so promiscuous). Every gay man I know who came down with AIDS was a promiscuous,sex addicted, slut who hopped from bed to bed so often he couldn't even remember the amount of men he slept with. Play with fire, and you get burned.

They will never be able to remove homosexuality physically from the body. It's all in the mind. It's a defect in the "soul". Homosexuality is not a disease at all, it's a "temptation", and homosexuals feel they're not happy unless they can imbibe in their temptation. Homosexual relationships in the long run are not satisfying. Why would one choose to live with multiple partners if one was "satisfied"? The answer: because in the long run gay relationships aren't satsfying because they were never meant to be (that's why men were given penis and testicles - gay men don't have vaginas). So the hunt goes on and on and on..........and the ones that claim they're monogamous, statistically in homosexual relationships they amount to about 3% of the gay population. Talk about looking for your needle in a haystack...........

Ok rocknroll!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
all of the books you listed are pretty out of date.

so am I, so that fits!
They are mostly studies from the 1990s. ~ 10 years ago, plus or minus. My original DSM was from 20 years ago or so. I just got the latest a few months back. DSM-IV-R (I am going back to school)

When I was a practicing psychologist for 15 years,

GOOD for you! Thats wonderful. I'm glad you are out there helping folks. Sincerely!

I never met one person who thought that homosexuality was due to environment at all.

That doesn't surprise me. Science is always changing. Today the big thing is the gay gene ... 10 years from now we'll be hearing from anthopologists something else ...

It's not something one would choose,

No, I don't think people make a choice about their sexuality. They are what they are. Either by biology or social construct. However, the anthropologists and sociologists do make good points about social construction of sexual attractions. Even to the point of saying that many people who claim to be 'straight' are socially constructed to say that, even though they are really gay.

I am going to stick with my belief that some homosexual people are born that way and some others go through social construct to be that way. Not 'choice' .. but social construct.

Either way ... it doesn't matter ... I don't care who they have sex with. I dont' care who ANYONE has, or doesn't have, sex with.

[edit on 1/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
as far as I know, there has never been anyone who chose to be heterosexual.

I know a fella, a friend from way back in high school, who I KNOW is gay but he is hiding and denying. He's married, with three kids. He's claiming to be a fundamentalist christian. And yet, he would go to gay parties 'just to see what goes on' (C*** tease).

Some folks choose to hide in a heterosexual lifestyle when they are really gay. It isn't fair to their families. It isn't fair that they feel they need to either.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Congrats, you've just won the "most ignorant post of the day" award!

that's why men were given penis and testicles - gay men don't have vaginas

That has to be the most enlightening comment I've ever read!

You're right RnR, cause straight people have never been known to sleep with whatever moves, catch multiple STDs, cheat on their partners, get married 4 or 5 times, date multiple people at once, and god forbid they have sex before they married. Unheard of!

And as far as prison turning you gay, if becoming gay is the worst thing prison does to then you should feel very very lucky.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I am going to stick with my belief that some homosexual people are born that way and some others go through social construct to be that way. Not 'choice' .. but social construct.[edit on 1/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

But somewhere along the line for the homosexual there is a "choice" (regardless of how he ended up with homosexual feelings). The choice is to activate your homosexuality or remain celibate. Their are people in this world who have lived happy and celibate til they died. So I don't want to hear the argument "it's human nature" or "men will be men". Because it is possible to live happy and celibate, and not have sex. What separates us from the lower animals is we have reasoning that intermingles with our sexual drives (we're not beasts in the field). In otherwords, we do have control of ourselves "sexually". If you choose to have sex with someone you have in effect "made a choice". I think "being" homosexual is not a choice, but "activating" your homosexuality is definitely a "choice".

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If homosexuality was eliminated you'd probably see AIDS disappear in this country (just about).

First, the growing number of individuals that contract HIV are minority straight women. Get your facts "straight"

They will never be able to remove homosexuality physically from the body. It's all in the mind. It's a defect in the "soul". Homosexuality is not a disease at all, it's a "temptation", and homosexuals feel they're not happy unless they can imbibe in their temptation.

You know this from personal experience? If not, you know not what you are talking about.

Homosexual relationships in the long run are not satisfying.

Again, do you know this from personal experience? I'm very satisfied with my partner.

Why would one choose to live with multiple partners if one was "satisfied"? The answer: because in the long run gay relationships aren't satsfying because they were never meant to be (that's why men were given penis and testicles - gay men don't have vaginas). So the hunt goes on and on and on..........and the ones that claim they're monogamous, statistically in homosexual relationships they amount to about 3% of the gay population. Talk about looking for your needle in a haystack...........

What are the statistics of "monogamous" men? Garanteed there are about the same un monogamous straight people out there. Or there wouldn't be soooo much divorce.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think "being" homosexual is not a choice, but "activating" your homosexuality is definitely a "choice".

Sure. People don't choose to be homosexual. And, unless raped, people do choose to engage in sexual activities. But that still doesn't mean that they have chosen to be homosexuals. The orientation isn't a choice.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Some folks choose to hide in a heterosexual lifestyle when they are really gay. It isn't fair to their families. It isn't fair that they feel they need to either.

And who are you to judge what's "fair"? Flyer, you know as a Catholic, their are many things in this life that bring happiness and pleasure to us that are not good for our bodies and souls. Sometimes it's better to follow the narrow, difficult path then the huge wide road that the vast majority travel. Maybe folks like you describe are better off. Maybe their reward lies on the otherside for living a clean, discipline life....and living according to God's will. Maybe you think what this chap is doing is wrong, but maybe God is happy he's doing his best, Or do you think God would be happier seeing him live like a homosexual? It's so much harder to do good and be strong, than it is to do wrong and cave into your temptations. You should know this as a Catholic.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It's a defect in the "soul". Homosexuality is not a disease at all, it's a "temptation",

Since you used religion loaded words, I'll direct this in a religious way ...

MOST churches in America will tell you that being a homosexual is NOT a sin. They will tell you that the sin is in the homosexual act, not in being a homosexual.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"Part of me says that a species that doesn't breed will die"

That's kinda moronic to even consider when homosexuality doesn't affect heterosexuals desire or ability to procreate.

I think the worst part of this science is the testing that can be done to see if your child might become a homosexual. I know some gays who are some of the nicest/best people I've met and to know that their parents might kill them (with this science in the future) from just from one varible, is just sick.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

do you think God would be happier seeing him live like a homosexual?

No one knows the mind of God, however, since you asked what I think -
I think God would be happier seeing him NOT LIE to his family, to his wife, to his children. God would be happier seeing him celebate and his wife being married to someone else - a straight man - who could lover her fully as she deserves. IMHO

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Maybe you think what this chap is doing is wrong, but maybe God is happy he's doing his best, Or do you think God would be happier seeing him live like a homosexual? It's so much harder to do good and be strong, than it is to do wrong and cave into your temptations. You should know this as a Catholic.

Maybe God is happy or maybe God is sad. Who are you to JUDGE what GOD is feeling? I know where you stand from your post.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here i thought all this time that sheep were straight and sheepherders' victims.

Leave the sheep alone and let them live as they please and the same goes for humans. If they're happy, its better than living a LIE.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Maybe you think what this chap is doing is wrong, but maybe God is happy he's doing his best, Or do you think God would be happier seeing him live like a homosexual?

And exactly how does a homosexual live, compared to a heterosexual? I'm single at the moment, and I don't think my life is really any different from your average "straight" guy. Oh are you talking sexual relations? Anal sex is not exclusive to the homosexual community, as you may believe. So is God mad at anal sex, or is God mad at homosexuals... or is God simply mad?

And when did a "cure" for homosexuality become a religious issue here, hmm?

*Mods, sorry, I tried to keep this medical, and not too suggestive.*

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
NITE ... I think that in addition to inventing a 'gay cure' for sheep, they have come up with a 'straight cure'. Innoculations for humans will be out soon. Hopefully we can 'shoot up' some of our lower level straights and send them over to your side of the pasture!!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Congrats, you've just won the "most ignorant post of the day" award!

Thank you! Sorry, if the truth hurts. I'm just denying ignorance and unfortunately the sheeple of this world don't want to hear it.

Well, it stands to reason if he wanted men to have sex with men he would have given at least half of them vaginas, but he didn't. Biologically, he eqipped them to have sex with women, not men. The anus wasn't meant for penetration, it was meant for waste. Penetrate it over and over again for years and you will definitely have health problems. Don't believe me? Try it. Then tell me how it hurts when you poop later.

Originally posted by Shadowflux
You're right RnR, cause straight people have never been known to sleep with whatever moves, catch multiple STDs, cheat on their partners, date multiple people at once....

Well, in the gay community take what you mentioned and multiply it a million times, concentrate it to the highest degree. Monogamy among gay men is the inside joke. It doesn't exist and is actually laughed at. If you're gay, you already know this, so stop lying. The diseases are astronomical, the cheating is at 97%, and yeah, they all just about sleep with whatever moves. I have lots of straight friends, but in no way do their exploits mirror their gay contemporaries. No way at all!

You're arguments are a moot point.
You're dealing with a celibate gay man here who spent 15 years living happily in a gay lifestyle before he discovered the "big lie" and realized the absolute futility of gay relationships. I never saw monogamy. Only wild unabandoned promiscuity played to the full hilt. Gay relationships don't work and are unsatisfying in the long run because they aren't meant to be (their union is cursed in the end). They are relationships founded on lust alone. And we all know lust cannot sustain a relationship because lust is earthly and all earthly things eventually die. After the lust dies their is no "glue" left to hold the gay relationship together. This is when gay men say "I'm not in love anymore." What a joke. Being gay is about satisfying sexual lusts and fantasy. It's all about love of the flesh. It's love is shallow, because it goes no deeper then the flesh. Gay men say they're spiritual, but heck, bring up God or Jesus and they don't want to talk about it. Well, in my book, your spirit came from God and no one else. So, how can you be spiritual if you deny who made your spirit? Answer: You can't, you're fooling yourself. Another hypocrisy in the gay world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join