It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 6th generation ipod...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i was planing on buying the ipod 80 gb 5.5 generaton, but after briefly reading about a 6th generation in the works (which all may be rumors), i just might have to save my money for this one...

true or false, you decide...

For all of you who got an ipod video for christmas a new one in the making! Apple really likes to stay ahead of things and this proves it. The first image I have is the actual patent request that apple submitted.

from: www.mp3buzz.net... (note the date: february 11, 2006)...

here is a google search for "ipod 6th generation:"

linky...

if any ATSer has any recent news about this, please post it here

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Visitors to Apple's website on the first day of this new year were met with the above image, a teaser that speaks of Apple's long history as a force in the computer industry and makes a rather compelling promise regarding the Company's roll in shaping 2007.

As many of you are aware, Apple's big yearly event - MacWorld Conferencce & Expo held at San Francisco's Moscone Center - begins on Monday, and what bits of magic CEO Jobs will unveil during Tuesday's keynote is a matter of intense speculation. New iPods? New Macs? The iTV? We will all know, shortly. The last time Apple gave a pre-Macworld teaser was in 2002, when a series of seven different taglines appeared on Apple's homepage in the week leading up to the event.

image and text from: www.ipodhacks.com......

"Video iPod To Feature Nvidia 3D Graphics Chipset?"...

For the past year, rumors of a large-screen, "Video iPod" have been circulating. Reports call for a ~4-inch touchscreen that covers the entire face of the unit, with an on-screen clickwheel, rather than a physical one. The latest reports call for a rollout sometime in Q4 of this year.

In a shocking report, X-bit labs indicates that, according to analysts, the forthcoming Video iPod will feature a 3D-capable graphics processor from Nvidia rather than the standard Broadcom hardware. From the report:
"Based on our analysis, we believe Nvidia is designed into the next-generation vPod socket at the expense of Broadcom. We believe the Nvidia chip adds 3D graphics functionality in addition to all of the existing features (such as H.264 [decoding]) that Broadcom supported with the existing vPod," said Satya Chillara, an analyst with American Technology Research wrote in a new report.

and, in related ipod news:

"More Details About Apple's Upcoming iTV"...

This month's Apple Special Event was about more than just iPods. In a rare move, Steve Jobs announced Apple's forthcoming set-top-box, codenamed "iTV" - months before it will be released, during the event keynote. While certain details were provided, much is unknown about this intriguing device, but in the past few weeks a number of additional details have surfaced.

For one, the iTV has a small hard drive. We knew it runs what's basically an enhanced version of Front Row. So...is it a little Mac? ArsTechnica thinks it may be, as indicated in their recent article that speculates that the low-end Conroe-L single-core processor may lie a the heart of the iTV. As they point out, a very-low-end, non-Mac, embedded processor solution would likely not have the horsepower to deliver high-definition video down the road, if Apple has such an offering waiting in the wings (which we're guessing they do). A few more details can be gleaned from Macworld's Q&A.

come on BTSers, let's talk!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Edn

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
itv? lol, I hope they don't run into problems if they use that because itv already exists. Personally Apple cant offer me anything I would really want to buy, they certenly have nothing that can compare to the iriver clix2 which ill be getting in February(hopefully)

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
how about the iphone?!?!? Everything you could ever want!

www.apple.com...

new topics

top topics

join