It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to purchase a new digital camera - suggestions ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this but figured this was the best place.

I am in the market for a new digital camera and was hoping I could get some good suggestions here.

Nothing too fancy or expensive but takes good pics. I have been using a Polaroid PDC5070 for a couple of years now and it has done me well but I've lost the usb cable for it and can't find anywhere that sells them on their own (not even the polaroid site!) online as I don't have access to a Radio Shack or anything where I am currently.

Your suggestions are appreciated

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well what is your price range, I could give a list of great ones but some of them run a little high.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sorry I should have noted that in my initial post. I can afford to spend up to $200 on one right now.

I have also been pondering getting a HDD camcorder for some time now too. I can just take pics on that too right ? Of course I'd expect to pay more for one of those so any suggestions on which is a good brand/model would be great also. I am a little camcorder illiterate so advice on what's better, MiniDV, HDD etc ... would be appreciated also

Thanks

[edit on 1-1-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Heres a few links to some cameras, best I could find, but I would definatly try ebay, I am sure you could find some better cameras for less on there.

Also I would stay away from sony, mostly because they are usualy pricey, great cameras though, Kodak is probably your best bet, but then again it depends what you are using in for.

accessories.dell.com...

Product Highlights
6.3 megapixels, 1/1.7 inch Super CCD HR
3x Optical Zoom
Large 2.4-inch high-resolution LCD monitor
QVGA movie recording (10fps) with monoaural sound
12 MB internal memory

accessories.dell.com...

5.1 megapixel Super CCD HR gives you great pictures, every time!
Bright, easy-to view LCD
12MB internal memory
PictBridge compatible
xD-Picture Card compatible
Fujinon 3.0x Optical zoom lens

I am sure you can find more on that site as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thank you so much pshkwamy, I relly like the first one there you posted.

I have been browsing amazon.com, mainly for the reviews from people who have the camera's but I'm finding it's just confusing me more than helping lol

I will definitely look at ebay also.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join