It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a future without religion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Madness you are not open to anything, any reader can see this. Your proof will be given soon, but I pray to God its not to late for your faithless soul.

i'm open to ANYTHING
as long as you can back up those things with evidence of some sorts

the miracles ive posted you will be shown at the judgement seat, you will also see my life in review, you will know the miracles ive seen personally and then you will be face to face with Christ.

well, that's all your opinion right there

What I say about the media is true, its run by free masonic people who are all working together to keep the truth from people about 9/11

really?
because i'm open to a lot of ideas of the conspiracy kind, however there are some things that are too big for a conspiracy
like control over the distribution of information on the internet
or the entirety of the media

Satan runs the world, God has even said so, and antichrist will be head of this world soon enough.

really?
care to show me where god has said it
i won't accept the bible or any other religious text
as they were all written by people

The miracle of Fatima was seen by 70,000 people, there were photographers there, you can find many eye witness stories on the internet. all the sick who came to the miracle were cured that day, many athiest converted by their own stories.

all i have for this is your word
"you can find..." doesn't work
you need to bring forth evidence
instead of expecting me to find it

the reason the rest of the world did not see it, because the worlds not ready to see somethingt like this on a large scale. God can do all things, which means he can make the sun spin out of orbit to 70,000 while at the same time make it perfectly intact for the rest of the faithless world.

wow
so, god can do something that would end up fracturing the solar system without fracturing the solar system
occum's razor
read up on it
simplest answer (ie mass hysteria) is normally the most reliable
also, it could have just been aliens for all you know

Padres stigmata was photographed, I have several pictures, it was seen during his mass, after, and before for over 50 years by thousands of eye witnesses, it was tested by doctors, and the proof is in Padres medical statements.

care to host those images on the internet and share them?
care to provide evidence of SKEPTICAL tests of pio?

Your one of those souls who just wont believe until you come face to face with the truth, which you will soon. Your wish will be granted.

one of those souls?
i'll accept that if you go by nietzsche's definition of the soul..
i won't believe until there is evidence, you're right
why?
because i have a rational mind
and i like to use it

For the rest of the readers, please forgive me for entering into this thread, now I see the fruits of useless arguments with faithless people. Dont lose your faith, Gods creation is mkiracle enough for you and you see it in animals, the way our bodies work, the beuaty of the world ect...

all i see is the miracles of science and the natural world
the big bang
evolution
plate tectonics
etc

keep your faith and never lose it, hes watching every second nomatter what anybody thinks, he never leaves us, we leave him.

yes, don't question your faith
because critical thinking is dangerous to faith
that's good advice for those that want to maintain their faith

hopefully this soul will understand one day. An existence without God or of nothingness is absoltely scary.

we all experience that existence every day
it's not that bad, is it?

The souls who read about all these miracles including Christs just dont want to believe and they wont until they are shunned from heaven forever. They have no faith.

1: i question the existence of jesus as a historical figure
2: it's not that i do or don't want to believe, it's just that there is no point in belief without proof
3: i do have faith, faith in general humanity and myself

Since st timothy has taught me some lessons I should have followed ill leave this thread to you now.

true, timothy does have some good points
hell, he wants you to throw out 2 of the gospels...

1 Timothy 1:4

Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

among other points that contradict both science, the bible, and general morality...

Humble one, just keep him in your prayers, if you have faith and see miracles as I have and believe in Christ these people wont get to you.

keep me out of your devotions
how can you see miracles?
why do we not have evidence of these miracles?

God Bless.

thanks for the sentiment

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Without Christianity, this world would be doomed...it pretty much is now, even. Thank God for His grace...some of us will be spared. If not for Christianity we wouldn't have so much; the spread of Christianity is highly responsible for the spread of hospitals, charities, equality of the sexes, and so much more.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowAmFound
Without Christianity, this world would be doomed...it pretty much is now, even. Thank God for His grace...some of us will be spared. If not for Christianity we wouldn't have so much; the spread of Christianity is highly responsible for the spread of hospitals, charities, equality of the sexes, and so much more.

counterpoints
hospitals aren't just spread by christianity, islam does it and so do atheists do (those are the only ones that i have any personal knowledge of), the point is that people would found hospotals without the influence of religion

charities
well, christian charities don't just do charity work
most also do conversion work
which, IMO, is a waste of funds
islam has charitable giving as one of it's five pillars of faith
also, the world's leading philanthropists (bill and melinda gates) are atheists
point here, charity wouldn't die without christianity

equality of the sexes is directly contradicted throughout the bible
from old to new testament
that's general social evolution, nothing to do with religion

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The point is that Christianity helped to spark, develop, and encourage the growth of charities, hospitals, and equality of the sexes. It still does today. Without it, the growth of social progress would have been greatly retarded. Without it, we'd all be, well, in hell

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The point is that Christianity helped to spark, develop, and encourage the growth of charities, hospitals, and equality of the sexes. It still does today. Without it, the growth of social progress would have been greatly retarded. Without it, we'd all be, well, in hell

um, christianity did nothing to spark the equality of the sexes
and you can't prove what would or would not have happened without christianity, that's just personal speculation

i could say, "without christianity, we wouldn't have lost over 300 years of science to the dark ages"
but that's just speculative

though you have to admit, christianity has impeeded science over the centuries

christianity isn't necassarily the catylst for change in any of those situations
it's just people being good people that sparks it

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
that's what 150 leading scientists and intellectuals see the future as lacking
and war, they see less war.............in the next few decades, they see both of those things disapearing

Religion doesn't cause wars. Man does.
And I disagree.....less of God in this world will equal more war.
And people around here wonder why the world is going down the tubes and headed for "the end"...........
and yet, they're all in favor of pulling God out of the world............His world.

The hypocrisy of humanity.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Religion doesn't cause wars. Man does.

actually, ignorance and easy manipulability cause wars
and some people (ie these scientists and me) feel that religion is simply superstition

And I disagree.....less of God in this world will equal more war.

well, that's not the point of the article
there will be less war
there will be less religion

not less war because of less religion
did anyone even bother reading the article through?

And people around here wonder why the world is going down the tubes and headed for "the end"...........
and yet, they're all in favor of pulling God out of the world............His world.

The hypocrisy of humanity.

well, until the existence of god is proven
i will not believe in said deity

i'm not in favor of pulling god out of the world
i'm in favor of people realizing that it is so unlikely that god exists that it is simply impossible that it does

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Get ready, Jesus is returning,
and he's pissed!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
and he's pissed!

alright
let's just keep spamming a legitimate thread because we can't proceed with a civil discussion of the topic...

jesus has been in the process of returning since the inception of christianity
seems like he's really overdue
how can god/ the son of god be so tardy?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
and he's pissed!

alright
let's just keep spamming a legitimate thread because we can't proceed with a civil discussion of the topic...

jesus has been in the process of returning since the inception of christianity
seems like he's really overdue
how can god/ the son of god be so tardy?

How do you figure he's overdue?

He will return soon because corruption is reaching it's peak, plus all the biblical prophecies are coming true.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

actually, ignorance and easy manipulability cause wars

Again, this is caused by man, not religion. If all "men" interpret it differently, then "men" will fight and squabble about it. And only "men" have the ability to stop the fighting and squabbling over it. Hence, men are the problem, not religion.

i'm not in favor of pulling god out of the world
i'm in favor of people realizing that it is so unlikely that god exists that it is simply impossible that it does

But, if you had your way and could convince the world they were wasting their time believing in what you call "superstition" then wouldn't this in effect be "removing God" from the world (If everyone decided to believe you, and not believe in God anymore)? If you convinced everyone not to believe in Him.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Relgion don't kill people believers do,
I seen it in a documentary on BBC2,
Shot to death outside a baghdad mosque,
Guns blazin like Michael Cain in Zulu,
Guns with sadistic are sometimes misleading,
The type of criminal that religion is breedin,
Shot in the chest? No wonder you stopped breathin,
2 for the base over, are you receivin?
Remember planes in 9-11
the inquisiter up in catholic heaven,
Crusading Popes R.I.P.,
Even Al-Zarqawi in the cemetary.

[chorus]
religions don't kill people believers do.
So do the priests.
Woo Woo Woo

[edit on 11-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

You are right. Believers of "all" faiths have been guilty at one time or another.
Rotten apples can pop up in any group.

So do the priests.

But, I'm not sure what you mean by this??????

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You are right. Believers of "all" faiths have been guilty at one time or another.
Rotten apples can pop up in any group.

So do the priests.

But, I'm not sure what you mean by this??????

It's my bastardisation of a 'Goldie lookin' chain' song (just edited to make it a bit more obvious)

Of course religion can't kill people, just like guns. It enables and motivates division and hate. It just another mechanism that people can use to hurt others.

Could we do without it? Of course, just like other divisive ideologies.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It's just another mechanism that people can use to hurt others.

You can call it a mechanism, but religion by and large is about God, peace on earth and spiritual love. People can twist it and shape it for there own agenda (which I'm sure doesn't make God happy). But again, "man" is responsible for doing this. If he wants to be a jerk and say, "My religion is the right one, not yours, I'm going to conquer your country because I don't subscribe to your beliefs." This is "man's doing", not religion's. If man goes to war because of his religion than he has misinterpreted his religion. Man's fault. Not God's. Not religion..............................Man.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

But, if you had your way and could convince the world they were wasting their time believing in what you call "superstition" then wouldn't this in effect be "removing God" from the world (If everyone decided to believe you, and not believe in God anymore)? If you convinced everyone not to believe in Him.

no, it would not be removing god from the world
it would just be showing people that there's a man behind the curtain
i'd be showing them that said thing didn't exist
it's not removal if there was nothing there to begin with

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Um, if not for Christianity, equality of the sexes would probably not be a reality right now.

Personal speculation?
You know alot about that, don't you? Well, we can't really prove much in this world. Logic, reason, and deduction help us out alot.

This is a Christian nation...we have some of the leading scientists in the world.
Funny.

You are right on just one thing: Christianity isn't the catalyst for change. Christ is.

There are no good people.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

no, it would not be removing god from the world
it would just be showing people that there's a man behind the curtain
i'd be showing them that said thing didn't exist
it's not removal if there was nothing there to begin with

Who's the man behind the curtain?? This sounds like the Wizard of Oz.
And how are you going to show them something doesn't exist if their belief is founded in faith alone???? You'd have to destroy their faith. If you've destroyed their faith, then once again you've removed God from their life.

That would make you not a very nice person.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Um, if not for Christianity, equality of the sexes would probably not be a reality right now.

Personal speculation?
You know alot about that, don't you? Well, we can't really prove much in this world. Logic, reason, and deduction help us out alot.

well, there's a difference between not being able to completely prove something and just throwing out a statement

during the woman's suffrage movement it was CHRISTIAN GROUPS and CHURCHS rallying against suffrage
AGAINST
the suffragettes were secular
the groups that supported them were
in the USA women became equal because of a removal of "traditional family values"

This is a Christian nation...we have some of the leading scientists in the world.
Funny.

what's funnier is that there is a much higher percentage of atheists among the leading scientists...
and we're not a christian nation
we are a nation that has a christian majority (for now, 15% non-theist and climbing)

You are right on just one thing: Christianity isn't the catalyst for change. Christ is.

i'm not even going to touch this one, because i'd go on a rant...

There are no good people.

same goes for this statement

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

simplest answer is normally the most reliable

This is the brand of thinking that contributes to peoples' stupidity.

Find the first answer (which is the simplist) and it more than likely is the most reliable answer.

Thinking like this actually reduces other answers that are true, because whether or not they are true or not, why look any further if we don't need to?

Just find the easiest answer and stop there, it is after all the most reliable answer usually. * note sarcasm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join