It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a future without religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
atheist's are so ignorant, you even deny the miracle at Fatima that was witnessed by thousands.

I hope you will use that brain God gave you one day.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
atheist's are so ignorant, you even deny the miracle at Fatima that was witnessed by thousands.

why are we ignorant if we deny them?
the "thousands of witnesses" were people predisposed to believing in miracles
nobody there was a skeptic
people didn't go to fatima to test it

I hope you will use that brain God gave you one day.

how about i just use the brain that evolved as a product of natural selection?
that one seems to work out perfectly

my point is
MIRACLES AREN'T PROVEN
there is NO EVIDENCE

and until someone brings some foward
AND it's reliable
that'll be my viewpoint

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

why are we ignorant if we deny them?
the "thousands of witnesses" were people predisposed to believing in miracles
nobody there was a skeptic
people didn't go to fatima to test it

What delusional world are you living in? There were many skeptics who went to scoff at the Christians, but it turns out the scoffers were wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What delusional world are you living in? There were many skeptics who went to scoff at the Christians, but it turns out the scoffers were wrong.

i live in the "delusional" world of wanting proof
wanting EVIDENCE

can you back up your claims that "scoffers" were wrong at fatima?
can you provide evidence that the whole thing wasn't simply mass hysteria?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

wanting EVIDENCE

can you back up your claims that "scoffers" were wrong at fatima?
can you provide evidence that the whole thing wasn't simply mass hysteria?

Forget it, why do I even try?:w:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Forget it, why do I even try?:w:

so when i ask for something to back up a statement you made, you act as if i'm trying to be difficult?

can you honestly prove that fatima is nothing more than mass hysteria?
can you back up claims of mysterious faith healings?
can you prove that padre pio actually had stigmata?
etc

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is easily researched, if you want to know the Truth that badly, look it up yourself.:w:
:w:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

What delusional world are you living in? There were many skeptics who went to scoff...

wanting EVIDENCE

For patience and persistence in the face of gibbering unreason,

You have voted madnessinmysoul for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

True dat, but who's to say it wasn't a UFO? It's physically impossible for the sun to make the kind of manuvers it supposedly did at fatima without upsetting the balance of the solar system, or for that matter, wiping out life on earth completely.

Also, I've never been able to find a picture of the sun on that day, just pictures of people looking up. Do you happen to know where some pictures of the Fatima sun are?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It is easily researched, if you want to know the Truth that badly, look it up yourself.:w:

no, that's not how a discussion is supposed to work
i'm not supposed to look up evidence to support your points
that is YOUR responsibility

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
True dat, but who's to say it wasn't a UFO? It's physically impossible for the sun to make the kind of manuvers it supposedly did at fatima without upsetting the balance of the solar system, or for that matter, wiping out life on earth completely.

or it could have just been an event of mass hysteria..

and if the sun "danced," wouldn't the rest of the world notice?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

no, that's not how a discussion is supposed to work
i'm not supposed to look up evidence to support your points
that is YOUR responsibility

Nah, i don't feel like looking for it, search for it yourself.:w:

[edit on 8-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Nah, i don't feel like looking for it, search for it yourself.

and hence, there is no credence to your claims
all you do is put out a point that you can't support
and then you expect the nonbelievers to prove it for you

i think you may have tried to find evidence
but were unable to

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nah, i don't feel like looking for it, search for it yourself.

and hence, there is no credence to your claims
all you do is put out a point that you can't support
and then you expect the nonbelievers to prove it for you

i think you may have tried to find evidence
but were unable to

Oh well, whatever, doesn't really matter what you think.:w:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Oh well, whatever, doesn't really matter what you think

actually, what i think matters just as much as what you think
why?
because we're both humans
we both live in the same country
and that country says that all humans in that country are equal

humble, if really wanted to further intelligent discussion you would have said "i'll find evidence later, because i really don't have the time to"
instead, you opted to say "find evidence yourself"
which is a horrible way to put forth your argument

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
what country do you live in?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

the united states of america

a country that was a bit fraudulent in the claim of equal rights for a while (though it's still not actually 100% right now)
but
all citizens of the world are equal
national origin
regional origin
race
creed (or lack there of)
language
none of that matters
we are all equal

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

the united states of america

a country that was a bit fraudulent in the claim of equal rights for a while (though it's still not actually 100% right now)
but
all citizens of the world are equal
national origin
regional origin
race
creed (or lack there of)
language
none of that matters
we are all equal

America rules!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You know ive learned something from the apostles Timothy.

In 2nd timothy it says dont get into useless arguments.

Madness you are not open to anything, any reader can see this. Your proof will be given soon, but I pray to God its not to late for your faithless soul.

the miracles ive posted you will be shown at the judgement seat, you will also see my life in review, you will know the miracles ive seen personally and then you will be face to face with Christ.

What I say about the media is true, its run by free masonic people who are all working together to keep the truth from people about 9/11

Satan runs the world, God has even said so, and antichrist will be head of this world soon enough.

The miracle of Fatima was seen by 70,000 people, there were photographers there, you can find many eye witness stories on the internet. all the sick who came to the miracle were cured that day, many athiest converted by their own stories.

the reason the rest of the world did not see it, because the worlds not ready to see somethingt like this on a large scale. God can do all things, which means he can make the sun spin out of orbit to 70,000 while at the same time make it perfectly intact for the rest of the faithless world.

Padres stigmata was photographed, I have several pictures, it was seen during his mass, after, and before for over 50 years by thousands of eye witnesses, it was tested by doctors, and the proof is in Padres medical statements.

Your one of those souls who just wont believe until you come face to face with the truth, which you will soon. Your wish will be granted.

For the rest of the readers, please forgive me for entering into this thread, now I see the fruits of useless arguments with faithless people. Dont lose your faith, Gods creation is mkiracle enough for you and you see it in animals, the way our bodies work, the beuaty of the world ect...

keep your faith and never lose it, hes watching every second nomatter what anybody thinks, he never leaves us, we leave him.

hopefully this soul will understand one day. An existence without God or of nothingness is absoltely scary.

The souls who read about all these miracles including Christs just dont want to believe and they wont until they are shunned from heaven forever. They have no faith.

Since st timothy has taught me some lessons I should have followed ill leave this thread to you now.

Humble one, just keep him in your prayers, if you have faith and see miracles as I have and believe in Christ these people wont get to you.

God Bless.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
The miracle of Fatima was seen by 70,000 people, there were photographers there, you can find many eye witness stories on the internet. all the sick who came to the miracle were cured that day, many athiest converted by their own stories.

Who's to say aliens can't do that? Who was it that said something about advanced technology being unrecognizable from magic?

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Padres stigmata was photographed, I have several pictures, it was seen during his mass, after, and before for over 50 years by thousands of eye witnesses, it was tested by doctors, and the proof is in Padres medical statements.

I'm familiar with Padre Pio, I read the book, saw the pictures, video, etc. I've also read many other books on the saints (used to be Catholic). Well I've got one word for miracles such as the stigmata... *thought forms*. Besides, Catholic saints aren't the only ones who've performed miracles. The only way the church explains miracles occuring in other religions is by blaming them on the devil. Fear rules all apparently.

Faith and Ignorance are so close together, you can hardly tell the two apart. Logic will always win, which is why science will inevitably take over religion, as long as we don't nuke ourselves back into the stoneage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join