It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a future without religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Madness, I truly dont detect sincerity in your post, why are you trying to it seems like just win arguments with cocky unsincere behaviour?

I dont think even proof is enough for you. If God came down from heaven sat on your lap and told you your whole life, would you believe?

Or would you still not want to?

As I said over and over, little people, childlike people God reveals himself to because they have humility, and they realize their creator, and you can actually feel the arrogance in your post.

Now if I seem judgementle im not, I mix my post with love and sincere want for you to believe in time.

You dont have faith, I have faith I believe and through faith you see him work.

Padre pio, saw satan many times, he had the stigmata which sceintists had no clue how it healed automatically in seconds.

St Vincent ferrer raised over 50 people from the dead.

At Fatima in 1917 amny people saw the sun spin out of orbit and move around, and athiest were their to mock it and many were converted when it happened.

Al the sick were cured when this miracle of fatima took place.

Go read my post about miracles you have seen, and tell me its just a concidence.

Their has been so much proof, but people who dont want to believe have to make excuses to deny these miracles.

Ive seen many more just in my life that would take up about 5 post.

How do you think man and women, perfectly fit for each other, joy and hapiness, how can evolution do this?

You souls have something blocking you from believeing, and you know what it is, and its useless talking to you as you will not be sincere..

Humble one, please dont use that attitude, we are not free from lust, or worldly things. If you think you are perfect, take alook at yourself. These people should be prayed for.

I too, have fallin to lust, and worldy things, infact I still watch football, but its when you place these things over God as your religion.

T.V., does distract families from spending time together and it does cause laziness, this is a fact that has taken many hours from my life.

Its also filled with shallow ahtefull ungodlyness.

epeace.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

A future without religion

yes please...

But we'll still have a bit of work to do education-wise.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
JiT, you give a lot of talk about miracles
but you make a false statement about padre pio's stigmata
you claim science could not explain it
however, you put forth no citation to that claim
give me instances in which his stigmata was tested

here is the thing
i'm sincere
i do not believe in any deities
i believe that the existence of any and all deities is so unlikely that i say there are no such beings

if there was ACTUAL EVIDENCE
not just a few statements about miracles that weren't put to any skeptical scientific tests
i guess i'd be convinced
well, depending on the amount of evidence, credibility, etc

and one last thing
if jesus or any other deity came down to me and sat on my lap and told me my life story
well, first of all i'd be more than a tiny bit creeped out
but i guess i'd believe
HOWEVER
i'd actually ask what to believe

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
well

Well madness.

Padre pio stigmata was tested, its documented, but youd have to look on search engine for it.

One of his greatest miracles was that of Gemma Digorgia who was tested by doctors.

She came to Pio for confession and she asked to see again. She was born without pupils.

Padre pio by Gods grace allowed her to see without pupils, she still lives today and sees without pupils, which is literally impossible.

Many people who went to confession, Padre would tell them their life, when and where they sinned, its like he knew their lives.

These are not magic tricks but miracles.

Now fatima which 70,000 people saw, they all saw it and it was the hugest miracle in the 1900s.

all the sick were cured this dat as well.

Now, if david blaine casn be as popular as he is by using little tricks, or even black magic, why on earth have people barely heard of Padre Pio?

He should have been the most popular person in the world for the miracles he manifested through faith, but since the world is run by satan he is barely known of even by catholics.

Please, go read up on Gemma Digorgio who was cured by padre with no pupils.

What I want you to do, when you see Christ returning from heaven, make a proferssion of faith, since you will not believe now, ill remember you in prayers, but just always remember to keep the apostles creed handy.

I will say no more.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The Padre Pio phenomenon has also been investigated. The monk from southern Italy was said to have lived with stigmata, the wounds suffered by Christ on the cross, for most of his life. He was also seen flying in the air, protecting his hometown from enemy bombings during the Second World War, and apparently had the gift of bi-location - the ability to be in two places at once. He was canonized in 2002.

"There are all these legends about this guy but when you look for proof, there is none," says Mr Polidoro.

linky

If you can read italian, or are willing to use a net translator, there is more on the CICAP website about this blind-child business. They have made attempts to verify the claims but have had no success.

www.cicap.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Basically, anything you don't like is a religion; how's that?

Not very good, really. Inaccurate.

For example, I can't stand a certain ex-friend who now has a successful career as an international con artist, but I don't think he's a religion.

Anyway, Marxism is a religion because:

1. It postulates a worldview based on counterintuitive and counterexperiential first principles that demand an act of faith before they can be internalized.

2. It elaborates a philosophy of life and a code of ethics based on this worldview.

3. It has (okay, had) rituals, a liturgy and a hagiography.

4. It demands belief in a divinity, the proletariat, whose existence cannot be proved and must be taken on faith.

5. It is false.

But really, you could have supplied all those answers yourself if you had bothered to consider the question I asked in your earlier post.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I wanted to add something else, this whole "control the masses" is the funniest BS I've ever heard.
... Take a look around all you delusional people, and see who is really being controlled.

Oh, they were doing pretty well until intellectual terrorists like Galileo and Spinoza and Nietzsche and Darwin came along and messed things up for them.

In most of the world, they're still doing pretty well.

Perhaps they're losing their grip a little in your neighbourhood, I'll grant you that.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Godless people are the ones... controlled... by...worldly aspirations etc... go on keeping yourself distracted by your TV, computer, music or whatever else it is you use...

Nice avatar. Is the original yours, or do you just aspire to owning it?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
...and before some unkind Power Above comes down on me for offtopic trollery, might I just add that I was making a point about believers being just as -- if not more -- materialistic than unbelievers. From Calvin to those ghastly get-rich Christian books you find in the self-help section at your local bibliotheque.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
melatonin, nice find on padre pio

i looked myself, i can't find any scientific tests of any miracles

JiT, got any sources to cite that prove that any miracles have been tested and not refuted?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Godless people are the ones... controlled... by...worldly aspirations etc... go on keeping yourself distracted by your TV, computer, music or whatever else it is you use...

Nice avatar. Is the original yours, or do you just aspire to owning it?

Nah, actually it's the car from the movie Austin Powers.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You have already voted for JesusisTruth this month.

I never knew you could not vote for the same person twice!

Can anybody loan me a vote for JesusisTruth?

Oh, that's against the rules?

Guess it will have to wait until February.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You guys will always be scoffers until you see for yourselves his coming.

Gemma Di Gorgi was a real women born blind, she was tested by many doctors and was considered un curable. She came to Pio and Pio granted the cure by Gods grace, doctors were amazed and do not know how it happened. I cannot find documents, it was a very long time ago, but they do exist.

Shes even on wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.michaeljournal.org...

Padres stigmata was vieable to thousands of people, it was tested by doctors, I do not know where to find the documents on this wretched internet because satan runs the world.

He controls the media, despises, absolutely despised the Catholic church, he knows its the true church of God.

Theres many other miracles he was granted by God. Miracles are real and ive seen many of them, and you need faith tosee them.

Your like the Pharisees who asked Christ for a sign.

Christ said.

" A wicked and perverse generation seeks a sign "

because they have no faith or humility.

I guess whoever wants to believe wants to and who doesnt will not until they come face to face with Christ at the seat.

ET, we have to prepare our souls for whats coming. Ive watched the news lately and they are making people who know the truth about 9/11 seem like crazy people when they are actually right.

We are being geared up to I think be put in prison or be called lunitics because the main stream people dont know that there are freemasonic new world order members who have created 9/11 working behind the seen trying to creat WW3 and bring us into one world with a micro chip.

we shouldall be praying like crazy.

peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The thing is though JiT, we can read all kinda stuff about people, all kinds of claims of miracles and human feats, but they are just conjecture and assertion without real evidence. These guys in Italy have tried to gather evidence surrounding Pio, they claim to have found no real supporting evidence. So to me it means nothing, sorry, I need a little more real evidence than this. I have stated many times, all I'd need to raise my interest to faith-based miracles is real documented evidence of an amputee sprouting a new limb, should be easy for an omnipotent and benevelont thingymajig. I honestly believe that science will do it before a god.

But it is quite obtuse to present 'signs' of the validity of your faith, then present scripture criticising people for questioning claims and needing signs.

"Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without a rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck." - Thomas Jefferson

Great example of the need for scepticism

Randi Fraud take down II

[edit on 5-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

You guys will always be scoffers until you see for yourselves his coming.

ok, name-calling much?
just because i don't want to go on BLIND FAITH and rely on evidence doesn't make me a scoffer

Gemma Di Gorgi was a real women born blind, she was tested by many doctors and was considered un curable. She came to Pio and Pio granted the cure by Gods grace, doctors were amazed and do not know how it happened. I cannot find documents, it was a very long time ago, but they do exist.

Shes even on wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.michaeljournal.org...

well, the wikipedia page contains no citations, so it's invalid in this argument
the second doesn't talk about any tests of miracles, only biased material supporting pio

Padres stigmata was vieable to thousands of people, it was tested by doctors, I do not know where to find the documents on this wretched internet because satan runs the world.

*sigh*
you just called what is quite possibly the greatest invention of all time wretched
and then you call a lack of evidence a satanic conspiracy
it might just be that THERE IS NO EVIDENCE
it's called occum's razor
the abscence of evidence in this case is the simplest explaination

He controls the media, despises, absolutely despised the Catholic church, he knows its the true church of God.

what?
where's this coming from?
there's a lack of evidence so satan must be behind it?
you can't prove that claim anyway
you're just making a huge excuse for your inability to locate tests that you claim exist, but to everyone else's knowledge don't

Theres many other miracles he was granted by God. Miracles are real and ive seen many of them, and you need faith tosee them.

ohhh
so now the only proof requires somebody to already except that these things will happen miraculously
come on, if miracles were real you wouldn't need faith to see them
and what about the supposed atheists you claim saw the supposed fattima incident?
i guess that'd make them not atheists to begin with

Your like the Pharisees who asked Christ for a sign.

logical?
honestly, when someone claims to be god, they better have the ability to prove it
hell, moses SUPPOSEDLY proved that he was sent by god...

Christ said.
" A wicked and perverse generation seeks a sign "

well, you're close
the bible says jesus said that
and it's very convenient for a religion to say it's wicked and perverse to seek proof of a religions claims
doncha think?

because they have no faith or humility.

whoa
hold on there
i have plenty of faith
i have faith in my friends
my family
and a tiny smidge of faith in humanity left
and i do have humility
just because i refuse to believe in god, doesn't mean i'm a bad person

I guess whoever wants to believe wants to and who doesnt will not until they come face to face with Christ at the seat.

well, i'll be the logical one
hell, under catholic doctrine i get into heaven as long as i'm a generally good human being

We are being geared up to I think be put in prison or be called lunitics because the main stream people dont know that there are freemasonic new world order members who have created 9/11 working behind the seen trying to creat WW3 and bring us into one world with a micro chip.

christians, you don't get to have a persecution complex
not yours

go back a thousand and a few hundred more years, and i'd let you
but no, you're the majority
stop inventing things to allow yourselves to feel persecuted

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

and esoteric, you're assuming that god exists
you cannot prove that said being exists

Nor does God require me to prove God exists. Therefore, i do not need to prove that God exists.

Having said that, i would like to say:

God Exists

Thank you teacher, you testimony is sweet. Also creation shouts out the existance of a creator. I dream of the day Atheist don't exist. That will literally be Heaven!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i do not believe in any deities

Not true. You believe that you are never wrong. You must be a deity in your own mind not to discuss but rather dismiss like your opinion is the only one. Praise be to madnessinmysoul.....
...........not

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
Not true. You believe that you are never wrong. You must be a deity in your own mind not to discuss but rather dismiss like your opinion is the only one. Praise be to madnessinmysoul.....
...........not

no, i believe i'm very wrong sometimes
in the last world cup i thought brazil would at least make it to the sems...
i thought that i'd go pre-med for college but now i'm going into archaeology

hell, i only rule out the existence of a deity because there is no evidence to support belief in a deity

i'm open to the POSSIBLITY that there is a deity
i just don't accept one blindly
i need proof
i need evidence
maybe this is just because i'm from missouri....

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

You have already voted for JesusisTruth this month.

I never knew you could not vote for the same person twice!

Can anybody loan me a vote for JesusisTruth?

Oh, that's against the rules?

Guess it will have to wait until February.

I rarely use the vote but you have a good point. My vote is in for JesusisTruth.

You have voted JesusisTruth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the greater the spread of knowledge in the future, the morel likely religion is going to get ripped asunder

people will start demanding tests of miracles
why?
well, we have a rational mind, why not use it?

can SOMEONE
ANYONE
show me evidence of skeptics testing a miracle?
any proof that the claims of pio are true?
any claims that any single miracle has occured should require proof

and Eso, why'd you vote JiT up?
i thought you had better judgement
someone that would actually pull "the devil controls the media so i can't find any evidence" out of their rear isn't DENYING ignorance
they're furthering it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join