It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just lost 10,000 ATS points. What am i doing wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I uploaded some pictures.

I spent 2500 points in an attempt to change my background image.

it did not work.

I spent another 2500 points trying to put back the previous background image i had, using the same steps i thought i used getting one up there in the first place.

it did not work.

I tried using the complaint/suggestion option for some help, but i only got a blank white screen i could not write or send any messages with.

Perhaps a mistake on my part, but i tried 2 more times to re-obtain a background image for my avatar and information.

it did not work.

Now i am 10,000 points in the hole, and have a plain black background.

What did i do wrong, and can i get those points back?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
john

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm sure an admin or super mod will straighten things out for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm sure an admin or super mod will straighten things out for you.

I had the same problem before, and they most certainly did help me out.

I'm just not sure as to why i have encountered the same problem, when i believe i followed the same procedures i did last time.

I have faith in the Mods and the Admins, i just can't seem to get a hold of one at this particular moment.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Instead of Board Business you should have posted in the complaint forum. That goes straight to the mods and admin and you don't have to worry about one just stumbling across it.

I'm sure it will be taken care of soon.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You say the complaint function did not work either? Hmmm. Does your browser allow scripts? Just an idea (I'm not sure if that's the problem/solution). What browser are you using?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I've given you your points back, Esoteric.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
You say the complaint function did not work either?

The complaint/suggestion function in the "Member Center", no it does not work. I've only used it once before, about a year or so ago, without any problems.

Hmmm. Does your browser allow scripts? Just an idea (I'm not sure if that's the problem/solution). What browser are you using?

I believe my browser does allow for scripts, but i am a tadbit computer illiterate. As for what browser i am using .... um .... not sure what the difference in browsers are, sorry. I'm almost afraid to tell you i'm using a government computer, so i probably just won't tell you that. if you heard about it by mistake, please just keep it a secret.

thanks,
john

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I've given you your points back, Esoteric.

Bless you, and Happy New Year!

What did i do wrong?

1) I went to the upload area and brought up the picture i wanted to have as my background image and i copied the address from the top.

2) I went to the ATS store and spent 2500 points to add a background image instead of a color.

3) I pasted the copy of the address from the image upload into the box after spending the points to do so, but no background image showed up on my avatar.

Did i do something wrong to anyones knowledge, or was there some other reason?

I'm not negating it may have been due to human error (*mine), but i'm not sure what i may have done wrong in the process.

Thanks again for your help guys,
john

Edit to add:

Should i have used the ATS upload name for the address, or the address itself from the top bar after i double clicked on the picture file i wanted to use?

In other words:

Do i use the url address for the box made available when i am trying to purchase the background image, or do i use the file name from the upload box that has my uploaded picture files in it?

does this question make sense?

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
When you buy a background image I believe it has to be hosted by ATS and you only enter the filename assigned when it's uploaded, not the entire URL.

HTH.

Yep, I looked at the page source and that's your problem...just put the ats11234342.jpg like thing in the box, not the whole files.abovetopsecret.com... etc. thingy.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yep, I looked at the page source and that's your problem...just put the ats11234342.jpg like thing in the box, not the whole files.abovetopsecret.com... etc. thingy.

I have tried 2 times with 2 different pictures. I did as you suggested, but with no results. I'll look into it more later i guess. I'm growing a little frustrated, so i think i'll leave it alone for now.

Esoteric Teacher, you have spent 2500 points to add a background image to your profile. If you want to change your background image, you must purchase another one.

Thanks anyways guys,
john

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Your background image is coming across as "https://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/http:uploads.abovetopsecret."

Maybe if you just post the image you want here, someone can put it in for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks again parrhesia for giving me those points back (again).

Your background image is coming across as "https://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/http:uploads.abovetopsecret."

where do you see this at?

Is this possible?

Thanks for the effort to lend assistance djohnsto77. It is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Is this possible?

I don't think it's possible for anyone except for Esoteric to alter his profile settings in this way.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When you set your background image be sure that you only enter the file name in the appropriate field, just as dj said.

new topics

top topics

join