It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: West Virginia High School back gets 658 yards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We don't report on many High School sports here at Sportztawk. But this is just incredible. 658 yards rushing! 10 touchdowns! I think that this kid out-produced my high school's entire season in one night! Do you think he might be recruited for a big-time college program?

CBS Sportsline Story Link

Paul McCoy rushed for an apparent national high school-record 658 yards and scored 10 touchdowns Friday.

McCoy, who had 29 carries in Matewan's 64-0 win over Burch, ran for 477 yards just on his touchdown runs, which covered 69, 1, 52, 56, 52, 20, 31, 84, 87 and 25 yards. He also had a 77-yard TD run called back by penalty.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I dunno if the yards really show the ability. If they were playing against a fairly good team, then yeah. But if they were playing against a horrible team, then the yards are inflated. For example, my schools football team was losing 56-0 at half-time... a kid having a crap load of yards (I don't remember how much exactly, but it was on pace for something like 450 yards) but he didn't play in the next half, so he could have done that too. But we have a horrible defense, so of course the yardage didn't show his actual ability.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Birch has not been a really tough school to beat these past few years. They are one of the worst teams in M.S.C.A.C. Div. 1 - A or AA.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I forgot about this............
This cmae after Matwan had two wins that were forfeited reinstated by the State School Athletic Committee.

new topics

top topics

join