It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Colts Vinatieri could play on Sunday

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Indianapolis Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri, who missed last week's game with a groin injury, practiced Friday and could play against the New York Jets on Sunday.

Vinatieri has not kicked in a game since he was injured in the second half of the Colts' win over the Houston Texans two weeks ago. He did not kick at all last week and did not dress for the Jaguars game.

Colts coach Tony Dungy said Vinatieri kicked well Friday, and the team will see how he does Saturday before making a decision.

"But he's pretty set on kicking. So we'll see what happens," Dungy said.

The Colts said earlier this week they may keep kicker Martin Gramatica, who replaced Vinatieri against the Jaguars, on the roster a few more weeks as insurance for Adam Vinatieri.

Dungy said Tuesday that Indy may use Gramatica on kickoffs to protect Vinatieri's injured leg.

Also, wide receiver Reggie Wayne practiced for a second straight day Friday. Wayne flew to Louisiana on Sunday night after learning that his 32-year-old brother, Rashad, was killed in a traffic accident. He returned Thursday to practice and was expected to play in the road game against the Jets.

"There's great guys on this team, so I'm just happy to be around them," Wayne said after Friday's full workout. "This is what I love to do. I love to play football. So as long as it's football, I'm happy. I'm ready to go."

Meanwhile, cornerback Nick Harper (ankle, groin), safety Bob Sanders (thigh, knee), wide receiver Brandon Stokley (ankle) and defensive tackle Corey Simon (knee) were not expected to be available against the Jets.

However, offensive guards Dylan Gandy (abdomen) and Ryan Lilja (knee), defensive tackle Darrell Reid (elbow) and cornerback Kelvin Hayden (groin) all practiced and might be able to play. Defensive end Josh Thomas (hip flexor) sat out Friday's workout, but was expected to play.

Offensive tackle Ryan Diem (thumb, groin) did not practice, but was able to do some light running.

new topics

join