It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: When the Saints go marching home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
On Sunday, the New Orleans Saints play the Atlanta Falcons in the Superdome, the first game there since hurricane Katrina. The support of the world is behind the city of New Orleans, and you have to feel that this support will extend to the Saints, at least for this particular game. This week, they are America's favorite team. Forget the hype, the glitz, the opening bands. This game is for the citizens of New Orleans.

Yahoo News Story Link

The game is so big, it'll require two stadiums.

Two NFL commissioners will be there.

Two internationally renowned rock bands will play in the Louisiana Superdome shortly before kickoff.

And two 2-0 teams will take the field while nearly 70,000 fans purge a year of post-Katrina frustration with howls almost loud enough to blow the dome's new galvanized steel roof right off.

Saints players and coaches are well aware of all this, and they're trying not to think about it too much.

"The evening's only special if you win it," Saints coach Sean Payton said. "We're seeing a good team come in here in Atlanta. ... We're going to have to have a good week of practice, and all the other stuff is stuff that we can't control and we just want to make sure it doesn't become a distraction."

Saints spokesman Greg Bensel said more than 500 credentials have been issued to media outlets from around the world -- from Sky Sports to Al-Jazeera -- and that ESPN is sending a crew of several hundred to build up it's coverage of the "Monday Night Football" telecast.

Supporting Links

NFL.com Week 3 preview

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Atlanta is going to commit MANY line penelties. They won't be able to hear ANYTHING.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I usually find these pre-game/halftime shows over-hyped and over-produced. Tonights show by Green Day an U2, however, had a heart that you nevr se in these kind of shows. Incredible.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And the Saints keep the intensity high. Off to a nice 14-3 early lead.

Ben

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The saints did end up winning the game but i ask you, what team would want to beat the saints in that kindof game. I know i wouldn't want to beat the Saints in that given situation.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This game anded the only way that it should have, total domination on the part of the Saints.

Teh thing is, it wasn't just the emotions of the night, the Saints are a good, solid team. Coaching has made all the difference in the Big Easy.

top topics

join