It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Arrington jumps to Giants for $49 million over seven years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
After being mis-handled by the boy wonder owner of the Washington Redskins, and dealing with a different defensive scheme each season of his career, LaVar Arrington has gone for the money with the Giants. I don't blame him for wanting to leave the Redskins, they seem to have given him the royal screwing with his contract. Watch him turn into a Hall of Fame player when inserted into the correct system.

Story Link

LaVar Arrington signed with the New York Giants on Saturday, giving him a chance to play twice a year against his former team and helping fill a huge gap at linebacker for the NFC East champions.

Arrington agreed to a $49 million, seven-year deal late Friday, according to Kevin Poston, one of his agents. Poston didn't say how much was guaranteed but Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi indicated that it includes performance bonuses.

Arrington, the third overall pick in the 2000 draft and a three-time Pro Bowler, bought his way out of Washington in March for $4.4 million after a tempestuous final two seasons in which he suffered from knee injuries and was benched by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams for freelancing.

LaVar's player profile - Link

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm happy. :party-smiley-018:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This upsets me....

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmyespo3
I'm happy. :party-smiley-018:

You should be....Lavarr is a beast.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I just hope he takes it easy on Brunell until Campbell is ready to go...

He knocked Troy Aikman into retirement, I've heard that Troy said LaVar hit harder than anyone.

That would include the likes of LT (in his later years), Dexter Manley, Warren Sapp, Strahan, and Ray Lewis.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yes Aarrington is a bad dude. He hits people so hard.

Sean Taylor also knows how to hit people.

new topics

top topics

join