It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Owens brings a new meaning to the term 'Big D'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Of all the millions of articles written on the signing of TO by the Dallas Cowboys, this is one of them. I like what Judge has to say. I just want to know what Cowboy fans think of this move.

Story link

So the Dallas Cowboys will do the predictable and sign on controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens. Now I know what Big D stands for.

Dumb. Dumber. Dumbest.

You don't add a Terrell Owens without running a terrible risk, and Dallas just took the plunge. Sure, Owens makes the Cowboys a better football team for one year. He's one of the top pass-catchers in the game, and he more than fills a void left by the departure of Keyshawn Johnson.

Plus, I guarantee he's on his best behavior this season to prove he's not the villain he's made out to be.

But then what? Well, check his history, and it's not hard to imagine what happens next. He was thrown out of San Francisco, and he was thrown out of Philadelphia -- and both times after sabotaging the club and blow-torching the quarterback.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Gibbs, please accept my apologies for my ignorance, but... isn't Bill Parcells still the Dallas head coach? And if so:

(1) Did he actually agree to this?

(2) What will he do the first time Owens is Owens?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Owens will be a good little camper for this year, because he knows that's the only way he'll ever get paid. Parcells will call him out in a heartbeat, if he needs to. If I was a GM, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 12 foot pole. But there's always somebody willing to take a risk for a talent that big. I'd just never be one of them.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Parcells thinks that he can get through to any player.

He will find out just how wrong he is soon enough. And he jus tmay end up having that heart attack on the sidelines. Unfortunate, but you know that it isn't too much of a stretch, given TO's personality, and Parcells medical history and fiery temperment.

The forgotten part of this equation is, wher ewill Keyshawn show up? Talk about your selfish players, he's right up there...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My take on this is that Parcells isn't going to be with the Cowboys for more than a couple more years. He probably isn't crazy about what Owens brings to the locker room, but figures he can keep it to a minimum just long enough to get him another shot at the Superbowl.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Now THERE's a rational explanation for Parcells' point of view. It's not at all irrational to expect D.H. Owens--one of very few major sports figures in my lifetime I loathe more than Bonds--to behave like a choir boy in Year 1 with the Cowboys. And his misbehavior in Year 2 may be modest, with Year 3 being the big blowup. By then, Parcells may have another ring and his dream retirement home.

Now, that it's for tonight. Off I go to campus to let my "female side"--and my date--enjoy my b-day night. Gonna hear the Romanian Symphony Orchestra do a major piece by Shostakovich (not a big favorite of mine), the ONLY major work by Samuel Barber, and two works by Mozart, including his "Symphony #40 in G Minor," which very few know by title, but almost everyone knows by melody. If I hummed a few (deep, offkey) notes for any of you, you'd know it.

I've never heard it live before, and I am MEGA-looking forward to it. Quite a present. :tum:

See y'all tomorrow or the next day.

B.H.N.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Take a look at my avatar to see how I feel about TO.
I HATE the fact that he got another chance. That being said there are few coaches out there that could handle TO, the Tuna is one of them(also Cowher and Gibbs). I would be surprised if Bill didn't already have his foot firmly in TO's butt.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I dont' think that Gibbs would want to try to put up with him, I doubt that Danny Boy Wonder got very far with that particular idea...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I dont' think that Gibbs would want to try to put up with him, I doubt that Danny Boy Wonder got very far with that particular idea...

Not would want to but could handle him. Parsells has a lot of credence in the league, TO screws up in Dallas and Bill will make sure that the only football he plays will be in Luxemburg. I'm sure TO isn't that stupid that he doesn't know that.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth

Not would want to but could handle him. Parsells has a lot of credence in the league, TO screws up in Dallas and Bill will make sure that the only football he plays will be in Luxemburg. I'm sure TO isn't that stupid that he doesn't know that.

I just dont' even want to consider that as an option, though.

And I wouldn't underestimate the lengths of TO's stupidity...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Didn't he already start causing trouble by not attending a mini-camp?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yep...I saw that on Comcast last night. He didnt go to some camp and the coach or the offensive coordinator or something got really mad.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Being one of the biggest Cowboy fans to ever exist,I can honestly state that Dallas doesn't need Owens.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As a lifetime fan of the Redskins, I'm sorry to hear that you are a Cowboys fan. I may find it in me to forgive you.

As the originator of this thread, it's nice to finally hear form a Cowboys fan on this, albeit after it is glaringly obvious that he is not a good fit n Big D. I don't think he's a good fit for anywhere.

Speaker, what was your honest reaction when he was originally signed?

new topics

top topics

join