It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I LOVE AMERICA !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I love it because of it's people.

I love it because those people hold dear the same basic principles that I do.

As a Brit I consider them to be my cousins.

I DO NOT LIKE BUSH!!

He is divisive.

He renounces America's rightful place to lead in a world that needs a leader and instead creates confrontation.

I AM NOT ANTI-AMERICAN.

I am pro-world..

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I love America too! And I also don't like Bush, the guy is doing all the wrong things in all the right places

I think a lot of people damn America because of Bush and because our "corrupted" culture seeps into so many different parts of the world, but I'm not buying into that...

America has its share of the good, the bad and the ugly, which country doesn't? However, I feel Americans are often treated like the bad people of the world; it's us against everyone else! Come on, us Americans are just people like all those other ones scattered about the globe.

I'm with John Bull 1, I'm not anti-any country, but rather Pro-World!

As technology improves, the world shrinks...we must learn to live with others with out all the commercial biases that has been thrown around.

-JAH

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The problem I see with Americans is that they have set the bar so high for themselves they have lost perspective on what the rest of the world is like.

Does the USA have slums, poverty, crime, and corruption? Absolutely, but it isn't the majority of the existence in their big beautiful country.

The fact that all off you who read this are using a piece of equipment that probably costs more than the annual income of most of the subsistance farmers in the world might give you a little perspective.

I've been to more awful places than I care to remember. Had a subsistance farmer in Guatelmala bless me with his ancestors names because I paid him $4 dollars american to sleep on his floor.

America is far from perfect, but it's better than most. American unemployment is what 8-9% right now? A place like the Phillippines hovers somewhere around 40% with no welfare, or work programs.

American Liberals complain about lack of opportunity, and rampant government spending. Go and play your violins to the youths of Afghanistan who had three choices in life; Die, work for the taliban, work in the drug trade (which was sometimes the taliban), all the while living on a daily caloric intake of 800 calories. Lowest in the World...anyone of them would kill you to work a minimum wage position in the United States.

Americans complain about their government corruption. Need we list the countries with military strong men who have turned their nations into pauper states with rampant starvation, murder, and crime? Do the names Somalia, Sudan, North Korea, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Panama, Argentina mean anything to you? (and the list goes on, and on and on)

You can complain about American gunboat politics, but NO nation does more for it's neighbors. In fact you can add up the financial and humanitarian aid that the rest of the world contributes and it doesn't match up favorably to the US. It's also telling that the UN is headquartered where? Not Paris. Not Helsinki. Not Moscow...but in New York, USA.

I hear Americans complain about the homeless, they need not go farther than the shanty town surrounding Mexico City to see the true definition of the homeless. It is estimated that there are somewhere between 75-100K homeless in the US lets compare that with the shanty town of Manila that has a population of about the same. These are 75,000 people who live in cardboard boxes surrounding a city dump. Again I guess it's a matter of perspective.

America still is a land of opportunity, a land of plenty, and a land of generousity.

NO country offers it's citizens more personal freedom.

Say what you want about America, but the world would be a terrible place without her.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
America is evil satan!!!!

just kidding, any country that can still produce bands like kid rock and survive is cool with me, it means freedom is alive and well.

bush is a robot, like ash in alien, just look at the ticks, nad watch for the white liquid.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I love what America once stood for. Unfortunately, it's so far from that now, that I don't care for my own country anymore. It was a great country, back before the gov't became corrupt, as all seem to. The power of the people has become nothing but a charade. It's still a great country, but the gov't has to go.
It's time for a revolution. I believe that's the only way any real drastic changes can be made.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I love what America once stood for. Unfortunately, it's so far from that now, that I don't care for my own country anymore. It was a great country, back before the gov't became corrupt, as all seem to. The power of the people has become nothing but a charade. It's still a great country, but the gov't has to go.
It's time for a revolution. I believe that's the only way any real drastic changes can be made.

I LIKE THE U.s.A, i do!!
same here, B*sh is virtually destroying it's reputation as a peaceful country.
i dislike Mc's...think it's playing a huge part in creating a FAT US.
i also think you guys need to stop acting like canadian tourists:bash:
just some thoughts

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk

just kidding, any country that can still produce bands like kid rock and survive is cool with me, it means freedom is alive and well.

bush is a robot, like ash in alien, just look at the ticks, nad watch for the white liquid.

Kid Rock sucks. He stole black hip hop tro become popular now he left those roots to put out crappy southern rock that no one wants to hear. Why do you think Pamela Anderson broke up with him?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ummm...the lack of opportunity sentiment is coming from the big corporations shipping off their factories to other countries, like India, for cheap labor.

Also, those countries you listed with a strong military man screwing them, we allowed or put most of those guys in their place. Shoot, we armed Sadam and Osama to the teeth and told them who to kill. Hell, our CIA trained Osama. We gave Sadam the only Weapons of Mass Destruction he has had. Look at where we are. Yes, do so much for our neighbors. Iran, we took out their leader and installed The Shah. To say that we are good and honest and innocent of the world's problems is blind.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Kid Rock sucks. He stole black hip hop tro become popular now he left those roots to put out crappy southern rock that no one wants to hear. Why do you think Pamela Anderson broke up with him?

he also stole riffs from metallica's sad but true

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i used to like USA...

but now # I dont know...

its still good but...

soon illegal immigrants will take over USA...

soon USA will be UIIA(United Illegal Immigrants of America)

# i guess i will start to pack my bags...

so much for...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm no Bush fan, but it is not because he stands up for America on the world scene. I did not like Clinton because of the fact he was the opposite. He placed the good of the U.S. secondary to the desires of the world community.
If you think the U.S. is becoming an hostile nation, what do you think of the groups of people we are engaging?
Amazing, how much good have we done for the world, how little those groups have done, yet we are viewed as the bad guys? Sheesh.
And John, that's nice that you like America and the people and all, but I really don't care. I've gotten to the point where I couldn't give a tinker's darn whether anyone likes us. As far as I'm concerned, the world has proven all it wants to do is see what all it can take from us while taking every opportunity to sticks its finger in our eye. Oh, but when the day comes that any "ally" needs us to save their ungrateful butts, just listen to the pleading.
Bah. Like us, hate us, I don't care. Not anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The problem I see with Americans is that they have set the bar so high for themselves they have lost perspective on what the rest of the world is like.

and the solution is what? lower our standards? i dont think you meant this the way this looks but i have to ask this to make sure i understand what you meant by this. so should we lower our standards or should others try to raise theirs?

The fact that all off you who read this are using a piece of equipment that probably costs more than the annual income of most of the subsistance farmers in the world might give you a little perspective.

all things being relative here...some other parts of the world are not gripped by commericalism and enjoy a simpler way of life, in some ways i envy them. having any kind of life has its ups and downs.

and he's still a millionaire and you arent, sucks to be you. also at least he had pamela, have you? i know she's "been around" but not that much. someone has a case of the bitters. seek help.

I'm no Bush fan, but it is not because he stands up for America on the world scene. I did not like Clinton because of the fact he was the opposite. He placed the good of the U.S. secondary to the desires of the world community.
If you think the U.S. is becoming an hostile nation, what do you think of the groups of people we are engaging?
Amazing, how much good have we done for the world, how little those groups have done, yet we are viewed as the bad guys? Sheesh.
And John, that's nice that you like America and the people and all, but I really don't care. I've gotten to the point where I couldn't give a tinker's darn whether anyone likes us. As far as I'm concerned, the world has proven all it wants to do is see what all it can take from us while taking every opportunity to sticks its finger in our eye. Oh, but when the day comes that any "ally" needs us to save their ungrateful butts, just listen to the pleading.

why bother to give a toot sweet what other people who dont live here think of our country? i'm sure at least one non american will read this and think "god, what an arrogant american!" but the context i use for this statement is simple. some people in this world cling onto their highschool mentality, what i mean by this is some people feel they have to stay "popular" and they will do what it takes to stay popular. following along these lines are the same people who think other people and countries should what what it takes to stay popular in THEIR view, their eyes, their perspective, regardless whether its the right thing to do or not is irrelevant, staying popular is job one and everything else comes in dead last. personally i am so tired of this popularity contest everyone wants bush to compete in that i'm ready to vomit. how can i say this so you people can understand what i am saying? NOONE CAN DO EVERYTHING EVERYONE WANTS THEM TO DO AND MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. it isnt possible, you cant do it, i cant do it so why anyone expects bush to do it is beyond me.

he works for US, not non americans. YOUR opinion comes in dead last, YOU are the last people on his mind. last time i heard bush is still getting good approval ratings and many still support what he has done and what he is doing. this little sewing circle you people have on here is NOT indicative of how most people think or feel in this country. the world is pretty much a non issue as not one of you can vote for him and like any politician he is going to do what it takes to get votes, getting reelected is a goal of his and he is going to do what it takes to get himself reelected by us, which means serving us and our wants and needs, not yours. for those who do live here, sucks to be you, we cant always get what we want and you need to get over it, you're acting like spoiled children having temper tantrums bashing and bashing and bashing and being hateful and spiteful and bitter when you dont get what you want. life is full of disappointments, you all should know this by now, have you been leading sheltered lives? i dont complain one time about clinton BUT i DO complain about all polticians in general as they all have similar traits and mannerisms.

france germany and russia ALL had contracts with saddam prior to this war and with this war all their contracts became null and void and they tried to keep those contracts viable by giving america and bush a hard time via the UN. deny it or simply refuse to read this paragraph but its part of this situation and they are not so different from bush or any other poltician, they just convinced you all a little better than bush did with their own brand of bull#. believe that they opposed this war for moral reasons or becuase of such and such resolution but the cold hard facts are they all lost billions of dollars because of this and they are angry about it. NOW they want a part in the rebuilding process in the hopes of getting some of their lost income back and after being told no because they didnt lift a finger to help they are now whining, what a shock! just like them to do nothing then expect to be rewarded for doing nothing. i call them fair weather friends, its all good as long as the money is rolling in but once it stops they turn their backs on us.

but this isnt about them or iraq, this isnt about bush but america.

i dont give a rusty # if any of you love america or hate it. you cant love us for whatever reason excuse or copout you can think of or you can hate us with any reason exucse or copout you can think of. my life in america will continue as usual with or without your "approval" of my country or my country's leader. nothing you do or say will change it so you can whine and complain and bash and insult and name call all you like, you're only wasting your time.

but to give you a suggestion, try giving us some solutions, well thought out solutions, not one liners or even a small paragraph. i'm talking long winded, thoroughly explained solutions to the problems you all whine about. not "kill bush" or "get rid of bush" as a "solution". being a leader of a country isnt easy, regardless of the country and coming up with solutions to problems you face isnt easy to do. enevitably you WILL piss some people off, regardless of your actions some people will disapprove period. noone can be made happy with ONE action. since YOU all think bush is such an idiot, lets hear from YOU people. how would YOU run the country? how would YOU handle your country being attacked by terrorists? how would YOU go after these terrorists? how would YOU bring the economy back from its depths? how would YOU handle illegal immigration? how would YOU handle north korea? how would YOU get rid of saddam?

if you're going to answer you better answer with more than a couple of lines of bitter insults and remarks. i want real answers, well thought ideas, since you all think being president is so easy these questions should be a breeze for you. i cant even answer them as i know that my answers to them would effect not only my country but the world. each action having a worldwide repurcussion, always a negative one to a greater or less degree but also a positive one.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I love America too. But America is starting to scare me. Just a few days ago the US supreme court cited International Law as a pretense for US rulings. Now we are losing our freedoms starting with right to free speach. America is slowly walking away from its roots and now we are starting to care more about what the french or the germans are going to say instead of standing up and doing what is right.
Our next generation is scary. The next 20-30 years are going to bad for America. The rest of our freedoms will disapear from an uncaring populus. A populus that is happy if they have food and their cable and their welfare, or job. The people that want to do this to America are the only really active political group. They have to be because they are the minority. And they will succede if no one even tries to stop them.
And to end it all a quote from the movie Boondock Saints..

"Now we must all fear evil men, but there is a evil we must fear more. The indifference of good men."

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I respect the USof A and its people!
I think they have done alot to advance the world!
I also dont mind Bush all that much - think he has a very difficult job which I for one hope he is not screwing up!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Although I disagree with the Rock n' Roll statment (There are lots of good Rock singers, IMO), it's been said that;

Rock n' Roll was invented for people who can't sing well. Rap was invented for people who can't sing at all.

I think it was Greg Allman who said, "Rap is short for crap."

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
he also stole riffs from metallica's sad but true

Riffs??!! He stole the whole song!
Oh...wait...that's called "sampling" now, isn't it?

[Edited on 12-13-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

You should care. We survive from imports. If other countries stop selling to us, we're #ed. Anything we can produce here, can be done at a fraction of the price anywhere else. You should be worried. The US couldn't stand on it's own two feet. Exports are not our strong suit. Take a look at all of the items in your house one day, and let me know how many of them were made in the good old US. Then, when you find one, open it up and see where the components are made.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
You should care. We survive from imports. If other countries stop selling to us, we're #ed. Anything we can produce here, can be done at a fraction of the price anywhere else. You should be worried. The US couldn't stand on it's own two feet. Exports are not our strong suit. Take a look at all of the items in your house one day, and let me know how many of them were made in the good old US. Then, when you find one, open it up and see where the components are made.

Satyr: We have all the resources we want stand on our own two feet. We would just have to have a 5-10 year transition period and we would be able to self suficient. The reason that we have to pay more for US products is because of our labor laws and unions that strangle companies and force them to charge more for products and services so they can pay inflated salaries and taxes.
Example of unions..
A union crane worker on the docks of California makes in the 6 digit area a year. On the east coast a crane operator makes around $40,000 a year. And thats if he is good.
If you are not familiar with labor laws read up on them. Why buy a soccer ball from a US company that has to pay its people at least $6.50 an hour when you can buy one from a chinese company that pays its employees around $6.50 a day.

The reason things cost more in the US is because the US in the only country that protects its workers. Albeit i think that a lot of the labor laws are rediculously stupid. The minum wage law is the worst law in history. A businessman should be able to pay his employees whatever he wants. If they dont like it then they can find a job elsewhere. Obviously he is going to pay them enough so that he has workers.

You may think im harsh but i dont want to be totally dependent on the government to manage my life

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I love America but I am VERY fearful of the direction we are going. We are doing what no country can do we are conquering ourselves. We are willingly giving up the freedoms our forefathers fought and died for and that disgusts me

Thank god we live in a country where we can settle this with out having a civil war.

How?

By not voting republican OR demacrat, these gangsters have held the reigns of power to long. Vote for just about ANYONE else, independents or my favorite the Libertarions who in my opinion are our best hope. But the first step to saving this country we all love is to get THEM out.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I also love America. I just don't like Bush all that much.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
i used to like USA...

but now # I dont know...

its still good but...

soon illegal immigrants will take over USA...

soon USA will be UIIA(United Illegal Immigrants of America)

# i guess i will start to pack my bags...

so much for...

you have no idea how true that is. i live in omaha and its getting bad. they have signs in the downtown area that are just in spainish. to me that BS
learn the language or get out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join