It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Knicks' Davis won't apologize to fan he confronted in crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I believe that the punishment that Antonio has received for going into the stands to defend his wife and child is way more than what is called for. Even in the wake of last season's brawl, this should be understood. No matter if his wife started the confrontation (which may be likely, but I don't know her from spit) or not, there is no way that he knew what was going on in the stands. What he did is something that any man worth his wieght should do. And he didn't get into any physical conflict, which proves my point even more.

Story Link

The fan accused of harassing the wife of New York Knicks forward Antonio Davis will drop threats of a lawsuit if the couple says it's sorry, the man's attorney said Friday.

No way, Davis said.

"I'm not apologizing to anybody for anything," Davis said on a conference call. "I don't think that my wife did anything wrong, I don't think that I did anything wrong."

Davis was suspended five games by the NBA on Thursday, a day after he went into the stands during a game at the United Center in Chicago to confront 22-year-old Michael Axelrod.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Gibbs,

I agree to the fullest. Davis defended his wife, it just so happened to be during an NBA basketball game. I hate people like this jerk that is causing all this grief for Davis and his family. We have all been in confrontations with another person, most of us probably while defending our spouse or signifigant other. But how many times have you been sued or sued someone for doing so. Personally, never have I heard of such a thing. This jerk needs to go away, his fifteen minutes is over!!!!
I do understand the suspension, in the wake of last year's debacle there is no room for leniency. To further punish Davis (5 games is steep in my eyes) would be injustice. I hope this suit is laughed at if it ever goes to court. But the cynic in me says this loser will probably get some dough out of this. ( which is bullsh*t)

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't want to make any judgement, as I don't know the full circumstances involved in the initial confrontation between this dude and Mrs. Davis. If she was being obnoxious, then his reactions are understandable (this guy didn't lay a finger on her, as I understand). But there are only 2 people who know exactly what happened here.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You are right Gibbs, you and I were not there so all we have is the garbage the media gives us. We both know how credible that stuff can be. But, don't think of it as Davis the NBA player and his wife getting in an argument with a fan. Think of it as two grown men having a non-violent confrontation. This happens on a regular basis and is not a big deal. The reason I pass judgement on this guy is because it is ridiculous. The only reason we even heard about this is because Antonio Davis worked obviously very hard and was blessed with the ability to play basketball at a very high level. Now, this guy is trying to take advantage of someone's status. If this would have happened with the guy sitting in the seat next to him at the same game, we wouldn't have even heard of this guy. IMO it doesn't matter whether Davis' wife or this guy was out of line. All that matters is the "you got money, I'm getting my lawyer because you looked at me wrong" attitude that this guy and too many Americans have. They are adults that shouldn't need mediators to resolve a simple matter. Now they are getting very high-priced mediators and the stakes are a little higher than detention or timeout.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't blame him because it was his wife for pete's sake.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen that Davis's wife is a little psycho. In March she was in court because she alledgedly threw a cup of coffee at someone

www.suntimes.com...

While I respect Davis defending his wife, he should've alerted security before jumping in the stands. I know thats easy for me to say, as security might've been slow and if it was my wife I would jump into action. It's just after the whole Artest ordeal players confronting fans in the stands is very controversial. Anyway, this is an old post and nobody cares about this incident, so sorry.

top topics

join