It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Civilizations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Does anyone think there may be a tie between B/F or what have you, and rumored underground Ciz.? Apparently the underground idea holds some credibility, if my memory is correct, even the Gemans, durring WWII were looking for the entrance tothe underground. (rumored to be near the poles). It would make some sense, afterall, why can't we catch a BF, or not see them as often. Perhaps this is how they trvel from one place to another. There is no way that they could just stay in one place. Am I off my rocker here?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't know about the combonation, it seems a little far fetched to me. However, both ideas on their own are sound, I think. I could see an underground civ existing and not being found by humans. It may even be populated by a silicon based life form.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Silicon based lifeform? Can you explain further, it sounds fairly interesting!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OK wait, I just had a brain storm. You've heard of the ring of fire, right? The ring of volcanoes all around the pacific rim. I don't think its too hard to believe that the volcanoes themselves may be connected, magma tubes or whatever, afterall, they are all resting on a comon tectonic plate (mostly). Not all magma tubes have magma in them at all times...Hmm. I kinda lost my train of thought. All I'm saying is this, BF are mostly seen in the pacific northwest, right? Also happens to be on the pacific rim. makes the underground travel more plausible. Still kinda sketchy, I agree.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm going to assume you know that humans, and all recognised life on earth is carbon based. This is because the outer electron shell of carbon has 4 electrons, allowing the maximum number of connections, 4. Atoms inherently try to get 8 electrons in their outer shell, as this is their most stable form. Carbon is the lightest and smallest atom with these 4 electrons in it's outer shell. It's been theorized that silicon, the next lightest atom with 4 electrons in it's outer shell, could support as many different combinations so as to be able to create life as well.

Most theories on the silicon lifeforms believe they would be slower to move, since unlike carbon, silicon's natural state is crystaline. So they would probably be a lot slower, but this may not be the case. It's also speculated that we might not recognise a silicon life form as life at all, because it would be so radically different than that of carbon based life.

If you watch Star Trek:TNG, the Crystalline Entity was an attempt of showing a silicon lifeform. Most xenobiologists agree that the most likely form of silicon life out there would be that of some kind of crystal tree, which we would see and only think it was a natural formation. However, break a piece off, and it's form of DNA would cause it to react a specific way, and possibly grow back.

Hope this helped a little

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalwatcher
OK wait, I just had a brain storm. You've heard of the ring of fire, right? The ring of volcanoes all around the pacific rim. I don't think its too hard to believe that the volcanoes themselves may be connected, magma tubes or whatever, afterall, they are all resting on a comon tectonic plate (mostly). Not all magma tubes have magma in them at all times...Hmm. I kinda lost my train of thought. All I'm saying is this, BF are mostly seen in the pacific northwest, right? Also happens to be on the pacific rim. makes the underground travel more plausible. Still kinda sketchy, I agree.

Actually, Bigfoot are seen all over the world, just by different names. And I don't see them being able to deal with walking through lava, and part of the pacific rim is that they're active magma tubes.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Actually the silicon based lifeform idea is really interesting, and yes it helped a lot, now I mare to think about. As for the Magma tubes, not all ar full of magma, seismic events can help them along, but when a volcanoe is dormant, so should the tubes be. I'm not talking about from the mantle to the volcanoe, but from volcanoe to volcanoe. Still sound impossible?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It never sounded impossible, just very improbable. You're also making the assumption that BF is highly inteligent, and there isn't much evidence supporting that. They are obviously very elusive creatures, and few in number, which makes them very difficult to find. They also hang out in dense forrests or in the mountains. Those, too, make it very hard to find one.

They have been seen, though, and accounts have been made. Everything I've read about them doesn't really speak of a highly evolved inteligence. They could just be one of the missing links.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with you. My mind recently has been filled with strange thoughts floating around. Really strange. Check this site out, see what I mean. I don't buy it but some things make SOME sense. Its mostly funny, though

www.beckjord.com...
Thanks for silicon idea though, I love science!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you want more information on various ideas of alien life forms (not only extraterestrial, but life forms which might not be recognised by us), check out the what would an alien planet look like thread, I posted a LOT of xenobiology and xenopsychology ideas I've come across over time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join