It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Saints will return to Louisiana practice facility next month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The end of the nightmare season for the New Orleans Saints is near, the players will be able to focus on cleaning up their lives and their city. They will soon have their practice facility back. Life can almost make it back to normal.

Story Link

"Today we are very pleased to advise our entire organization -- coaches, players and staff -- that we will be returning to Metairie in January," owner Tom Benson said Friday in a memo circulated to the team. "We are working in Louisiana to play as many games as possible in the Superdome, which may be ready in September."

State officials in Louisiana had estimated the Superdome could be open by November.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue previously indicated the team would be encouraged to return to Metairie and possibly play home games in Baton Rouge until the Superdome is repaired.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Glad to hear this good news. I just can't imagine the Saints playing anywhere except Louisiana. Once again, however, I have to question why a team in Louisiana has to play in a dome. I am a huge proponent of getting rid of all domes and artificial turf fields. To many injuries and the game was meant to be played in the weather. Of course, these are just my opinions. But I know quite a few people out there who think the same way as me.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think they put the done in to make it a multi-purpose facility, so they can hold other events that are more weather-dependant.

But I agree about getting rid of artificial turf. I think that grass can be grown inside domes, if proper care is taken of it. Also, I've noticed that a lot of high schools in my neck of the woods have been switching to turf lately. I don't think that's right, either...

new topics

join