It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Larry Bird feels betrayed by Ron Artest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In case you've missed it, the nitwit of the NBA has demanded a trade from the team that has been putting up with his antics over the past few years. Team President Larry Bird has had enough.

Story Link

Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird apparently has reached his boiling point with Ron Artest.

Bird made his first public comments regarding Artest on Monday, telling the Indianapolis Star that he felt "betrayed" and "disappointed" by his All-Star forward.

"I think enough is enough," Bird told the newspaper. "I think Ronnie will do fine, but not here." One of the NBA's greatest talents, Artest also is one of the league's most mercurial personalities. The 26-year-old was placed on the inactive list by the Pacers earlier this month and was subsequently fined $10,000 by the league for publicly requesting a trade.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Man, I've verbally supported that guy ever since he got here. I just always loved his game and his intensity. We have a local sportswriter on the Indy Star, Bob Kravitz, that has been screaming to dump Artest for several years. Said he would end up pulling down the entire organization. Well Bob, you were right and I was wrong.

The Pacers are in complete disarray. Right now, they're horrible. Reggie Miller's retirement left them without a leader. Now they're a spoiled bunch of crybabies and you're left wondering night to night who will show up. O'Neal had a game a couple of nights ago with TWO REBOUNDS in a loss. Hell, Muggsy Bogues could get two rebounds by accident.

Looks like another lost season. They'll be lucky to get a bag of balls and a floor lamp for Artest and the team's squabbling. Larry Bird might have to blow 'em up and start over. Not a good sign. We've been in the upper echelon for several years now, and rebuilding with a couple of 20 win seasons [after this one] doesn't look pretty.

Meanwhile the @#!&^% Pistons roll on.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You know, I'm getting so sick of players like this. In order to be good in any professional "team" sport you need to have good team chemistry first and foremost. I personally think this is more true in the NBA where almost every team is loaded with talent, and the teams are smaller in size compared to an NFL or NHL team. Look at the old Chicago Bulls, the Lakers of yesteryear, and the Pistons of today. Tell me, what is it they all have in common? You would think these whiney idiot players would have the intelligence to notice this.

Idiot players like this should be playing non-team sports like Tennis or Golf.

*my two cents*
*rant off*

[Edited on 12/29/05 by Lostsailor]

join