It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: Congress sets up meeting to discuss BCS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I guess that there aren't more important things for our leaders to be concerned with. I mean, I can somewhat understand the government getting invovled with the steroids issue, as that may influence children, and potentially ruin the lives of citizens. But, why college football? What importance does this have? I find it surprising that they have already lookied into it.

Story Link

Calling the Bowl Championship Series "deeply flawed," the chairman of a congressional committee has called a hearing on the controversial system used to determine college football's national champion.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the congressman probably went to Auburn and is still pissed that they missed out on last years championship game.

Personally though i'd rather that they did stuff like this all the time, then they could spend less time screwing up the country passing laws that don't do anything or have so many loopholes that you reallly have to screw up to not get around it. Our state legislature spent 3 days this year arguing and voting on things like what the state bread should be, in that they had 3 less days to find more things to waste my tax dollars on.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They are actually discussing a playoff system -

A playoff system could be used in major college football and the so-called "plus-one" model for determining a national champion should be reconsidered, the head of the Bowl Championship Series told Congress on Wednesday.

When House Subcommittee on Commerce Trade and Consumer Protection Chairman Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., pointed out that lower divisions have playoffs for football, BCS coordinator Kevin Weiberg said: "It certainly, congressman, is possible to have a playoff at the Division I-A level, as well. We have chosen not to go down that path."

source

CBS Sportsline

new topics

join