It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Owners give Kansas City a Super Bowl on one condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Kansas City may host a Super Bowl soon. If they make impreovements to Arrowhead Stadium. IMO, this would be a great tribute to the history of the Super Bowl.

Original Story LINK

NFL owners voted Wednesday to tentatively award Kansas City a Super Bowl, largely as a tribute to owner Lamar Hunt, who gave the game its name.

The approval is for a 10-year window, starting in 2011, but Hunt said the most likely prospects would be for the 49th or 51st Super Bowl, in 2014 or 2016.

"This is a very happy day, and in some respects a surprising day," he said at a news conference after the second day of the owners' two-day fall meeting adjourned. "This is something our organization has talked about for a number of years."

[Edited on 11/16/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This should help sway the voters in Johnson County. They know that Arrowhead needs to be updated, and they don't want to pay for it.

Heck I will help pay for it! And I don't even live there anymore.

On the Kansas side of things they are expanding rapidly. The Kansas Speedway, the greyhound track, and a Cabellas, are all on the Kansas side of the I-435 loop. If Johnson County is not careful, I believe that the Chiefs could very well move to the other side of the city.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Great city, great ownership, great team history, great fans. They ought to get a Super Bowl. :party-smiley-018:

new topics

join