It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Saints to pay $1.2 million to use Tiger Stadium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
After the New Orleans Saints home field was trased, due to Hurricane Katrina, they were forced to find a new home. That new home is LSU's Tiger Stadium. The Saints will be paying $1.2 milion to se he field for home games. The biggest concern right now is field conditions between college and NFL games.

Originally posted on ESPN

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Playing four times in Tiger Stadium will cost the New Orleans Saints about $1.2 million, LSU athletic director Skip Bertman said Wednesday.

That works out to about $300,000 per game. It will be used to cover game expenses and wear and tear on the field. Bertman said LSU will realize little, if any, profit.

"You can't run a football game in Tiger Stadium without 1,500-1,600 people to help," Bertman said, "and most of them are not volunteers.

"There will be wear and tear on the field, and I don't want to have to pay to make the field right. I'm assuming we're going to expend some effort to keep the field in shape, not that the field is in bad shape."

Saints owner Tom Benson and the Saints "have been real good about everything," Bertman said.

Bertman will go before the LSU Board of Supervisors Sept. 23 to get formal approval for allowing the Saints to play in Tiger Stadium. He added there also will be a request to allow beer to be sold for Saints games only. The NCAA does not allow the sale of alcoholic drinks at member events.

Link: Saint's to use Tiger Stadium

It's going to be interesting to see how the Saint's fair, without a real "Home Field." They tend to play better on the road, so perhaps things will work for the better. They are the most underrated team in the NFL, and proved that with a huge win over the SB pick Panthers. Do I smell the playoffs?

[Edited on 15/9/05 by TRD]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
well I won't have drive hours to see saints lose

new topics

join